BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

11 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

Haha.. I'll try..

Back to the game! Predicted line ups anyone? 

Pears or kaminski?

Corsa--TransitVan--Sportage--Micra 

---------------Astra----Focus 

i10----------------Fiesta---------Qashqai

----------------------Tesla

• Like 5

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

You are wasting the 308 in net. He has to be a central midfielder with the engine he has on him. Can run all day long

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Ricky said:

I think it would be harsh to drop Pears but then Kaminski is our number one. Still think Pears keeps the gloves on current form.

I would change Pears for Kaminski, before, he loses us a game, not after it. I give him great praise for coming in and doing a good job, but he is our second choice keeper. I am just grateful that our first choice keeper is back, and very little damage was done whilst he was out injured.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would change Pears for Kaminski, before, he loses us a game, not after it. I give him great praise for coming in and doing a good job, but he is our second choice keeper. I am just grateful that our first choice keeper is back, and very little damage was done whilst he was out injured.

Its a good problem to have. But in his most recent games Kaminski was going down like a sack of coal for ground shots and costing us goals. Could be that he was carrying an injury. However I still think its Pear's spot to lose. He's done nothing wrong.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

And need the transit up top as a target van

Thinking it would be more like a Samba type defender, stick him up top for the last 10 against Arsenal when we're 1 down.

I suppose a Land Rover defender would have been more appropriate at centre back 🤔

52 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’d drop Morton from the squad going forward. Play Wharton and promote Harlock to the bench. Can’t afford any shirkers and bottlers for the run in.

I am not his biggest fan and he was soft for the winner at Sheffield United but prior to that and also against Reading, he played pretty well and was instrumental both in the goal we scored to go 2-1 up with anything other than a shirk of a challenge and also the winner v Reading.

You have mentioned promoting Harlock a few times, do you rate him or is just a case of next cab on the rank? I am sure that it was reported last week that he is about to be released and even if Morton didn't feature we would still have Travis, Wharton and Garrett.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not his biggest fan and he was soft for the winner at Sheffield United but prior to that and also against Reading, he played pretty well and was instrumental both in the goal we scored to go 2-1 up with anything other than a shirk of a challenge and also the winner v Reading.

You have mentioned promoting Harlock a few times, do you rate him or is just a case of next cab on the rank? I am sure that it was reported last week that he is about to be released and even if Morton didn't feature we would still have Travis, Wharton and Garrett.

I agree he was good until the latter stages against Sheff Utd, but him rolling round on the floor pretending while we were backs to the wall completely blotted his copybook and for me was the final straw. He’s got away with his half hearted displays too many times and I think this last stretch of the season will only be a success with maximum labore. He’s been halfway back to Liverpool in his head since he signed that new deal with them.

With Harlock, bit of both I suppose. I do really rate him based off what I’ve seen, good range of passing, loves a tackle, seems to have a great attitude, a leader. I was surprised when I read that article, a bit disappointed too, although it actually states we were going to trigger his year option but allow him to move on. His cause probably hasn’t been helped by younger players coming through ahead of him, but he’s still younger than Travis was before he broke through.

3 hours ago, rigger said:

I cannot believe you actually wrote this about Pears, the lad has been nothing short of magnificent in the sticks whilst TK has been out injured.

He had a horrific set of games previously and I never thought he would ever recover after his abortion of a game at Wigan in the cup. However, and fair play to both him and the coaches, the lad has come on leaps and bounds and has shown exactly the ability that Mowbray and co saw in him.

So, if you ask me this shows two things, he is a bloody good keeper and wasn't a signing as a family member and that also, despite some on here saying otherwise, Benson and co actually know what they are doing with goalkeepers!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I agree he was good until the latter stages against Sheff Utd, but him rolling round on the floor pretending while we were backs to the wall completely blotted his copybook and for me was the final straw. He’s got away with his half hearted displays too many times and I think this last stretch of the season will only be a success with maximum labore. He’s been halfway back to Liverpool in his head since he signed that new deal with them.

With Harlock, bit of both I suppose. I do really rate him based off what I’ve seen, good range of passing, loves a tackle, seems to have a great attitude, a leader. I was surprised when I read that article, a bit disappointed too, although it actually states we were going to trigger his year option but allow him to move on. His cause probably hasn’t been helped by younger players coming through ahead of him, but he’s still younger than Travis was before he broke through.

I think it is an easy assumption to say that his head is "half way back to Liverpool" but he has it all to prove to justify even a squad place back at Liverpool next season. Loan players are often easy targets and are not treated equally on the assumption that they won't be here next season but I don't doubt that he is trying and that it massively benefits him to perform well between now and the end of the season as where he is next season may partly depend on that, and a promotion on his CV would send him back in very good stead personally.

He isn't and never will be a blood and thunder type of player, he is not on his own as Adam Wharton has a similarly laid back style. He lost the ball and presumably intended to try and win a free kick which was a very poor decision but to remove him from contention completely would be a huge overreaction. As I said, he was tenacious in playing a huge part in putting us 2-1 up and his general level of performance over the last 2 games has been good so with Buckley out and the transfer window fiasco, as much as I don't think that Morton is anything special, it would be cutting off our nose to spite our face to make an example of him by just totally removing him, leaving only Travis and beyond that, Adam Wharton and Garrett who have started 10 league games in their career between them and Harlock who has never kicked a ball in senior football and himself will be leaving in the summer.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I cannot believe you actually wrote this about Pears, the lad has been nothing short of magnificent in the sticks whilst TK has been out injured.

He had a horrific set of games previously and I never thought he would ever recover after his abortion of a game at Wigan in the cup. However, and fair play to both him and the coaches, the lad has come on leaps and bounds and has shown exactly the ability that Mowbray and co saw in him.

So, if you ask me this shows two things, he is a bloody good keeper and wasn't a signing as a family member and that also, despite some on here saying otherwise, Benson and co actually know what they are doing with goalkeepers!

Is what he said particularly controversial? Kaminski is our best keeper as is proven over a period of time, he has kept us in numerous games this season and his form this season aside from that last few weeks prior to injury when he was carrying a knock has been excellent.

Pears is our second choice and it is a position that managers tend to revert back to their first choice as soon as he is fit again. rigger praised Pears and acknowledged his good form, I think it is a tough decision either way but to suggest putting in Kaminski hardly warrants the response you gave. If Kaminski does come back in, it means we can at least trust that should Kaminski be unavailable again, we have a reliable back up.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

A Qashqai on the wing? Need his bulk up front.

The agility of the i10 and speed of the Tesla would complement each other on opposite wings.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Is what he said particularly controversial? Kaminski is our best keeper as is proven over a period of time, he has kept us in numerous games this season and his form this season aside from that last few weeks prior to injury when he was carrying a knock has been excellent.

Pears is our second choice and it is a position that managers tend to revert back to their first choice as soon as he is fit again. rigger praised Pears and acknowledged his good form, I think it is a tough decision either way but to suggest putting in Kaminski hardly warrants the response you gave. If Kaminski does come back in, it means we can at least trust that should Kaminski be unavailable again, we have a reliable back up.

Surely you pick on form and past performances? Pears has done nothing wrong during his performances this season. He has improved massively from last season

I think we should pick Pears for Birmingham game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski was also badly out of form. Im afraid he should wait for his chance as Pears has done nothing to warrant dropping 

• Like 2