BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Does nobody else think Burnley will be on the beach already and it’s a decent chance of a win 

Not a chance.

I’d be more hoping Luton were guaranteed top 6 and no better and they only half turn up.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Sorry but we weren't excellent, how can we be displaying excellence and yet be 2 down?

Surely we'd be 2 up is we had truly been excelling.

I didn't say we played excellently in the first half, I said we dominated. In the second half we were excellent - do you not agree?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I didn't say we played excellently in the first half, I said we dominated. In the second half we were excellent - do you not agree?

Spot on Tony, great write up as always.

One or two on the wind-up tonight, I’m not sure why, it’s not necessary. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Who knows what to expect over the next few weeks. After the tepid performances against Birmingham and Norwich though today has given me far more cause to be optimistic. Our strengths are all too apparent and if we consistently apply them who knows.

You’re right Arbitro, nobody knows. If we play as we did the second half today, then no reason why we can’t make the play offs. The fear is that the away record and inability to come from behind suggests otherwise. Belief is crucial and hopefully, the players gain some after finally securing a point from being behind with an equaliser at the death after the Gods appeared to be against us, yet again.

At the end of the season that late equaliser may prove to be what gets us in to the playoffs.

I can't remember since I was so entertained by one of our players as Joe Rankin-Costello today. Although perhaps he should be grateful that he doesn't have an Italian defensive minded coach as manager since he didn't seem to be playing in any particular position.

I don't understand why people are blaming Pears for their first goal. He advanced to collect the header by the Huddersfield player but it was then deflected close up by Morton and also by a Huddersfield player - no human being would have the reflexes to change their position there.

• Like 3

Enjoyed the day out today. First half made me mad, second half was super enjoyable. Should have walked away with 3 points. 
JRC immense, everyone was getting forward and we had so many chances. 
Leonard looked good when he came on, very pleased with what I saw. 
Huddersfield’s time wasting was pathetic and in the end karma got them with them conceding a late goal. 
Football needs to stamp this out of the game, it’s a disgrace no matter who does it. It needs changing and I’m sorry the officials have to do more. Ref didn’t do a thing today, thought he was very poor all game. 
Very happy to see JDT saying to the officials at the end ‘what about fucking time wasting?’ Repeatedly to the ref after the game when watching it back. 
Also as bad as this sounds, I enjoyed seeing Dolan push the ball boy over, your job is to get the ball back in play not be a smart arse. Got what he deserved

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just seen the incident with the ball boy again, he threw the ball away and not to Dolan.

He deserved a slap to be honest. 

Before that he faked to throw it Dolan as well then threw it away. Full deserved what he received. Ref went to speak to the linesman right in front of me and I imagine linesman said he’s provoked Dolan and that why he just got a warning. 

22 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Enjoyed the day out today. First half made me mad, second half was super enjoyable. Should have walked away with 3 points. 
JRC immense, everyone was getting forward and we had so many chances. 
Leonard looked good when he came on, very pleased with what I saw. 
Huddersfield’s time wasting was pathetic and in the end karma got them with them conceding a late goal. 
Football needs to stamp this out of the game, it’s a disgrace no matter who does it. It needs changing and I’m sorry the officials have to do more. Ref didn’t do a thing today, thought he was very poor all game. 
Very happy to see JDT saying to the officials at the end ‘what about fucking time wasting?’ Repeatedly to the ref after the game when watching it back. 
Also as bad as this sounds, I enjoyed seeing Dolan push the ball boy over, your job is to get the ball back in play not be a smart arse. Got what he deserved

Sky cut to the ref so we didn't see what happened apart from Dolan get a telling off by the ref and linesman 

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

Having seen the ball boy incident for the first time Dolan must surely face some sort of ban.

It was a clear push irrespective of what the lad did. I can imagine if he was your child you'd be a bit pissed off.

The ref saw it and spoke to him so I thought no further action can be taken?

9 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Sky cut to the ref so we didn't see what happened apart from Dolan get a telling off by the ref and linesman 

To be fair the referee used common sense. He simply tapped his temple as if to say to Dolan 'think what you're doing'. I noticed today after about twenty minutes one of the Huddersfield staff taking towels out and giving them to the ball boys. Why after twenty minutes and not the start? My feeling is that if, as the home team you are using towels you have to offer the visitors the same use of them. This has to be agreed before the game. Having come across Warnock many times it's the kind of stroke he would pull along with all the other aspects of gamesmanship Huddersfield showed today.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Having seen the ball boy incident for the first time Dolan must surely face some sort of ban.

It was a clear push irrespective of what the lad did. I can imagine if he was your child you'd be a bit pissed off.

There can't be retrospective action as the officials saw it and dealt with it.

• Like 7