BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

And replace him with Pears? Or we go back into the market and end up with god knows what? Another Walton?

Bloke was cracking for a season and a half until he lost form before his injury.

How daft.

Don't think either him or Pears are the answer if we want to get/were to be/promoted.

Obviously neither are as bad as the calamitous Walton who was one of the worst keepers I've ever seen when he was here.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We lost in my first game at Ewood but I was hooked - unfortunately.

Same here TS and wow I just checked and it blew my mind. 25 years to the day that I travelled over with my son for this match. Didn't realise it was the same weekend at all.

Screenshot_2023-04-08-12-57-13-741_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

15 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I was at that match - surely it can’t have been that long ago!

Scary alright. Remember it all like it was yesterday. Sutton was lucky with the pen going under the keeper. United had some team that day. Three PL legends on the score sheet. 

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Scary alright. Remember it all like it was yesterday. Sutton was lucky with the pen going under the keeper. United had some team that day. Three PL legends on the score sheet. 

Me too, yesterday I don’t remember so much - which is a worry as I’m only in my forties 😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeah they were good and certainly made a mockery of the Ewood Morgue. I mean there wasn’t much to shout about but before they scored, there’s f all atmosphere & has been the case for many many seasons…

You're lucky anyone turns up at all. 

12 years of the worst owners in football leeching the life out of the club.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Me too, yesterday I don’t remember so much - which is a worry as I’m only in my forties 😬

I know yeah. Life can suck the life out of you..and not in a good way 🤣 but yeah long time ago now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't speak for the owners but I'm not convinced that anyone at the coal face down at Ewood, players or management, has the slightest interest in the Club getting promoted. It'd take them all out of their little comfort zones.

Sitting in a good position in January we managed to screw up the transfer window in quite spectacular and completely unique fashion. By negligence or design?

Whenever there's a crucial fixture which could be described as a season defining fixture, by and large, the players fail to turn up. You can forgive players having an off day but a lack of effort and application is inexcusable, particularly in such crucial circumstances. Yesterday could have been Bowyer and Yeovil  all over again. I fully expect us to slip tamely out of play off contention without so much as a whimper then rally and look like they give a rat's arse when it's too late.

The manager doesn't even sound like he has any interest in us getting promoted whenever he is interviewed either. "We're not even thinking about that" etc etc......

Please everyone, prove me wrong or at the very least don't go down without on hell of a fight as per the last two games.

It would get everyone significant pay rises if we was to get promoted. I can't fathom how anyone can imply that it is not in everyones best interests to get to the Premier League.

If you think that there genuinely is a culture on the ground that is opposed to a comfort zone smashing promotion, then how have our absent owners who you go out of your way to defend not managed to try and fix that in over a decade? You still speak of them as innocent bystanders.

And where are these changes?

• Like 2

Why can't we go all out for the play offs the same way as we went all out to get to Wembley ?

That's my issue with the coaches, players and club attitude in general.

Everybody busted a gut for that but we fell short all be it gallantly and that was a platform to build on.  What we have seen since has been poor on all counts as if it just isn't as important. 

'Oh there's always next year for the league but a Wembley chance might only come round once a decade'

Sorry but the league and a play off spot are ultimately more important for many reasons and i can't get my head around the lack of genuine desire.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't speak for the owners but I'm not convinced that anyone at the coal face down at Ewood, players or management, has the slightest interest in the Club getting promoted. It'd take them all out of their little comfort zones.

Sitting in a good position in January we managed to screw up the transfer window in quite spectacular and completely unique fashion. By negligence or design?

Whenever there's a crucial fixture which could be described as a season defining fixture, by and large, the players fail to turn up. You can forgive players having an off day but a lack of effort and application is inexcusable, particularly in such crucial circumstances. Yesterday could have been Bowyer and Yeovil  all over again. I fully expect us to slip tamely out of play off contention without so much as a whimper then rally and look like they give a rat's arse when it's too late.

The manager doesn't even sound like he has any interest in us getting promoted whenever he is interviewed either. "We're not even thinking about that" etc etc......

Please everyone, prove me wrong or at the very least don't go down without on hell of a fight as per the last two games.

You produce these doom-laden postings at regular intervals. Not that long ago you were asking if it was possible to bet on us not winning another game this season - we proceeded to go on a run of winning every game for which you were nowhere to be seen on this board. Then you reappear when we lose a game or two.

I can see no logical reason why anybody at the club would not want promotion. Promotion bonuses - reputed to be in excess of £10m - plus higher salaries make it in everybody's interests to go up.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

You produce these doom-laden postings at regular intervals. Not that long ago you were asking if it was possible to bet on us not winning another game this season - we proceeded to go on a run of winning every game for which you were nowhere to be seen on this board. Then you reappear when we lose a game or two.

I can see no logical reason why anybody at the club would not want promotion. Promotion bonuses - reputed to be in excess of £10m - plus higher salaries make it in everybody's interests to go up.

Easy - we don’t go up they all get another season poncing around. We go up and quite a few don’t.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It depends on how much money we have to spend but how many of the existing squad do you think could cope at Prem level ?

No idea - but as they are under contract for next season, will have a promotion bonus written in to their contracts plus a salary uplift if we are in the Prem why would they not want to be promoted .

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

No idea - but as they are under contract for next season, will have a promotion bonus written in to their contracts plus a salary uplift if we are in the Prem why would they not want to be promoted .

Simple its not the players , i'm always saying its top down, every season promotion push is never on the agenda and look at the players and JDT , was there any fustration from poor performance or any disappointment on JDT during interview ...

i won't be surprised if he's not here next season...if we get into playoffs there's a fluke chance of promotion ...so we will avoid it at all cost...we'll be 7th or 8th , missing by 2-4 pts ...so we come back next season ...

BRFC LAUNDROMAT 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Because in order for us to stay in the premier league they'd all need to go and find themselves new clubs.

15 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

Simple its not the players , i'm always saying its top down, every season promotion push is never on the agenda and look at the players and JDT , was there any fustration from poor performance or any disappointment on JDT during interview ...

i won't be surprised if he's not here next season...if we get into playoffs there's a fluke chance of promotion ...so we will avoid it at all cost...we'll be 7th or 8th , missing by 2-4 pts ...so we come back next season ...

BRFC LAUNDROMAT 

I can't see anything in any of that as to  who would not want us promoted - or why.

10 hours ago, Gav said:

As an exiled fan, I loved the chance to get to a packed Ewood yesterday, but being long in the tooth as I am, it was always destined to end in defeat. 

From the first few minutes it was clear we were not at the races, second to every ball, Norwich looked like they had more players on the pitch than us. We were beaten in every area yesterday, I think the season has finally caught up with us, which is a shame as both players and supporters deserve better.

Shout out to the Norwich fans, they were brilliant, loudest fans at Ewood in many a year, superb. 

Brought it on ourselves. Pressing is a team game but we played it as individuals and left acres of room in midfield that they ran into. We also have no legs in there so we are beaten for pace. Morton will make a career in football but not here and now he leaves us exposed. 
We always seem to have an excuse for failure. Mowbrays tactics, not managing to bring on new players. What about them just getting their sleeves rolled up and putting in a shift. I’m not asking for Brazil or Barcelona just get on the front foot and be the first to every ball. There were tackles yesterday and at brum that with bigger commitment the ball would have broke our way but they went in half arsed. Watch the highlights soft half tackles ball bounces against us. If they do that Monday we’ll get the floor wiped with us

• Like 6

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think we're forgetting how badly Kaminsky was playing before he was injured. He was throwing in a goal nearly every game.

Until he throws in a bad performance, Pears deserves to keep the shirt. Kaminski is just about competent, nothing special and not a patch on Gennoe, Arnold or Sir Roger in their prime.