BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

This becomes a critical game now, win and we have some margin for error, lose and I would fear for us.

Pears

Rankin Costello Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Wharton

Hedges Szmodics Dolan

Brereton

Subs: Kaminski, Brittain, S Wharton, Morton, Dack, Gallagher, Thomas

Thomas spurned a chance at a start with a shite cameo. Dack was good when he came on so hopefully he is fit enough for a much longer appearance.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Garrett

Thomas Szmodics BBD

Gallagher

Subs:- Kaminski, Brittain, Wharton, Wharton, Dack, Hedges, Dolan 

That but I’d drop Szmodics for Dack. Harsh on the lad, but as Gallagher can’t score we need to increase goal threat.

• Like 3

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

That but I’d drop Szmodics for Dack. Harsh on the lad, but as Gallagher can’t score we need to increase goal threat.

I wonder how Szmodics would do as a runner in front of Dack?

• Like 1

The only time I remember both Szmodics and Dack starting together was v Preston and it didn't work at all, both want to play off a striker and they both went into the same spaces. There was no threat in behind and neither can play wide.

I also dont get why playing them both would have to lead to 3 central midfielders @rigger 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The only time I remember both Szmodics and Dack starting together was v Preston and it didn't work at all, both want to play off a striker and they both went into the same spaces. There was no threat in behind and neither can play wide.

I also dont get why playing them both would have to lead to 3 central midfielders @rigger 

Because we need three in midfield. What we have tried to do is ask one of the forwards to drop back to supplement our midfield two. If as Mike E suggested we could try, Szmodic in front of Dack as the forwards, then we would need an extra central midfielder. I will say yet again, that I believe you have to win the midfield battle, to win games in the modern way of playing  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because we need three in midfield. What we have tried to do is ask one of the forwards to drop back to supplement our midfield two. If as Mike E suggested we could try, Szmodic in front of Dack as the forwards, then we would need an extra central midfielder. I will say yet again, that I believe you have to win the midfield battle, to win games in the modern way of playing  

But Dack would be coming in instead of a striker ie Gallagher in that proposal.

We have won 5 of our last 7 league games with the current formation.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very Harsh on Szmodics. 

On Gallagher I would start him

Why? What's he done to deserve to start? He offers nothing.  I would give Diaz a chance as our main striker. Start Hedges and thomas as the wide players 

With two games in four days Tomasson will have to be creative with his selections and try and keep players fit and fresh whilst winning both games. Thomas won't be playing on Monday so he will have to use him on Friday and replace him on Monday. Norwich will be a tough test but I think they are the type of team we flourish against as the try and play out from the back. A high press coupled with some high intensity should get us something out of the game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Dack up front.

Is that you, Tony? 

“Bradley, stay in the 18 yard box as soon as possible. They’re all instructed to pass to you. All we need from you is to finish the chances.”

• Like 4

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o
11 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Dack up front is better than nothing. And that’s what we had up top today.

Gallagher did have a bad game but previous games he has been good including goals and that back heel assist against Reading. 

playing Dack up won't won and we see this from our previous manager 

7 hours ago, philipl said:

Absolute must not lose.

Could Szmodics play in the Morton position?

why not play Jake Garrett?

I would be tempted to play Dolan simply because he has the energy to press high up the pitch as Norwich will try and play out from the back. He did this successfully in both wins at Carrow Road this season.

• Like 2