BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gallagher did have a bad game but previous games he has been good including goals and that back heel assist against Reading. 

playing Dack up won't won and we see this from our previous manager 

why not play Jake Garrett?

Or Wharton ? One thing is for sure - I wouldn’t be playing Morton.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

But Dack would be coming in instead of a striker ie Gallagher in that proposal.

We have won 5 of our last 7 league games with the current formation.

But the discussion was about IF we played a formation that tried Szmodics and Dack as a front partnership. What could be known as a Plan B.

Biggest game of our season IMO. 

Win is huge, draw isn’t the end of the world, loss is devastating.

They’re on a bad run of form but have good players! If we can get at them from the start I think we will win. Hopefully Diaz is fit to start & think Thomas should come in also. Dolan up top on his own in replace of Gally and A Wharton for Morton and that’s our best 11.

Should be a good crowd with Norwich likely to bring a few thousand…

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Biggest game of our season IMO. 

Win is huge, draw isn’t the end of the world, loss is devastating.

They’re on a bad run of form but have good players! If we can get at them from the start I think we will win. Hopefully Diaz is fit to start & think Thomas should come in also. Dolan up top on his own in replace of Gally and A Wharton for Morton and that’s our best 11.

Should be a good crowd with Norwich likely to bring a few thousand…

We need a performance and we need to be at it from the off like we were at Leicester and against Sheff Utd. None of this allowing opponents 20 minutes to get their feet up by the fire.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gallagher did have a bad game but previous games he has been good including goals and that back heel assist against Reading. 

playing Dack up won't won and we see this from our previous manager 

why not play Jake Garrett?

That flukey backheel against reading is all you can mention.  I can't remember him having a good game other than away at Leicester 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hasta said:

That but I’d drop Szmodics for Dack. Harsh on the lad, but as Gallagher can’t score we need to increase goal threat.

As you say Gally can't score.. would yo keep him? I think he offers very little. We should play Sammy and Dack up there

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team

Pears

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering

Travis Garrett

Thomas Szmodics BBD

Gallagher

Subs:- Kaminski, Brittain, Wharton, Wharton, Dack, Hedges, Dolan 

Thomas doesn't deserve to start after yesterday's performance 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike E said:

I wonder how Szmodics would do as a runner in front of Dack?

Yes that's what I was thinking too

17 hours ago, rigger said:

If we played Szmodic and Dack up front, then we would have to play three central midfielders.  It could be worth a try.

Definitely..3mids especially if JDT continues to play Morton 

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very Harsh on Szmodics. 

On Gallagher I would start him

Start Gally again? He offers very little upfront. He isn't clinical. Shouldn't be wearing the no9 in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

That flukey backheel against reading is all you can mention.  I can't remember him having a good game other than away at Leicester 

Sorry but no, you're completely incorrect to call that backheel flukey. You can see on the replay that he's looking out the corner for the runner, he didn't just back heel and hope. It was a moment of class. I don't know where he pulled it from and why it's so rare from him, but it was. Might be the best assist we've produced all season. Dack does that and you'd praise it to the heavens.

It doesn't change his weaknesses to admit he had a moment of excellence.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Neilbristol said:

Yes that's what I was thinking too

Definitely..3mids especially if JDT continues to play Morton 

Start Gally again? He offers very little upfront. He isn't clinical. Shouldn't be wearing the no9 in my opinion.

I do like Gally and tbf to him he was one of the few players chatting to the fans before the game after training and getting selfies with the fans but we need to remember who owns the no.9 shirt. Shearer. I think they need to really respect that shirt and give it to a decent out and out no.9

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, philipl said:

After yesterday's defeat (deserved too) to Sheffield United, this is an absolutely must win for the Canaries which should suit us provided we don't wilt. 

They're only 4 points behind (??) and there's still plenty of points to play for. Norwich don't have to win it

One thing we have to say though - losing it would be a big blow for us and swing momentum and confidence Norwich's way.

A draw might suit both teams.

This is a MUST win game.

In fact, given our last 5 fixtures, I think we need a minimum of 7 points from the Norwich, Huddersfield and Hull games.  I think Huddersfield will be the most difficult of the 3 games as Warnock has proved the catalyst for their mini revival and no one will fancy going to Huddersfield.

I think we need a further 14 or even 15 points as there's always one team who makes a charge - take your pick from Norwich, Coventry, WBA and even PNE and three of our last eight games are against those teams with games against Burnley, Luton and Millwall thrown in for good measure.

It will be tough but I remain confident PROVIDING JDT gets his team selections right.  I don't want to see Morton starting another game for Rovers, whatever sh1t has been going on with Adam Wharton needs resolving NOW (as I believe he could be the difference in making the play-offs or not - it's clear as day midfield is our achilles heel) and Dack has to be brought into games far earlier than yesterday's 81st minute (30 minutes of Dack almost guarantees you a goal and/or an assist).

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Or Wharton ? One thing is for sure - I wouldn’t be playing Morton.

Yes could do but I would pick Garrett cos he can made tackles and pass the ball decent enough

Thomas doesn't deserve to start after yesterday's performance 

I want his pace on the wing and he has been good before yesterday

Yes I would start him. Not bothered about shirt numbers. Get the ball in the box and he will score goals like QPR and Stoke goals shows. 

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

It wasn't fluky at all but it was meant. I watched right in front of me at the time. 

I ain't surprised by your unwillingness or acceptance that Gallagher ain't as bad as you would like people to believe and you are unwillimg to give him any credit at all  

The stats(according to Rich Sharpe) say that we're much more likely to win with Gallagher in the team than without him. 

It would be a massive gamble by Tomasson to leave him out of the biggest game of the season. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

The stats(according to Rich Sharpe) say that we're much more likely to win with Gallagher in the team than without him. 

It would be a massive gamble by Tomasson to leave him out of the biggest game of the season. 

Only because the other option is Vale. Who is absolutely diabolical. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I would start him. Not bothered about shirt numbers. Get the ball in the box and he will score goals like QPR and Stoke goals shows. 

The ball often goes in the box but he’s nowhere near it. We crossed a few in yesterday that either went across and our, or the keeper claimed it, and Gally was never closer than a few feet. Getting the ball in the box wasn’t the problem, getting on the end of it was until Dack finally got on the pitch.

JDT needs to be brave now and not just take the easy option of following the status quo, as I really can see us blowing this. 

• Like 1

Gallagher hasn't got the predator / striker's instinct to be in the right place at the right time. Aguero, Fowler, Gerd Muller had it at the top end of the game; the likes of Billy Sharpe lower down. Simon Garner was much the same. Some are born with it and it comes naturally and others get better at it by working at their game. Gallagher has none of the former and doesn't appear to do the latter

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The ball often goes in the box but he’s nowhere near it. We crossed a few in yesterday that either went across and our, or the keeper claimed it, and Gally was never closer than a few feet. Getting the ball in the box wasn’t the problem, getting on the end of it was until Dack finally got on the pitch.

JDT needs to be brave now and not just take the easy option of following the status quo, as I really can see us blowing this. 

You have to put in quality balls in the box not just put the ball in. Would like to see midfielder or full back getting in the box also cos sometimes its 2 or 3 players in the box. 

JDT has been brave since taking the job and playing Vale, Phillips, Garrett and Wharton in games where other head coaches would take the safe option

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have to put in quality balls in the box not just put the ball in. Would like to see midfielder or full back getting in the box also cos sometimes its 2 or 3 players in the box. 

JDT has been brave since taking the job and playing Vale, Phillips, Garrett and Wharton in games where other head coaches would take the safe option

He often has played those players out of necessity. Phillips has only really played when we have had to due to injuries, Vale is awful but has played when we have had to due to recruitment failings from Broughton and we have been light in central midfield, although he has never really fancied Wharton sadly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He often has played those players out of necessity. Phillips has only really played when we have had to due to injuries, Vale is awful but has played when we have had to due to recruitment failings from Broughton and we have been light in central midfield, although he has never really fancied Wharton sadly.

But he has played them. He could have played Pickering at centre back with Edun at left back but didn't. He picked Phillips. 

On Wharton, I don't think its about fancied him but that JDT hasn't been happy with his attitude or training so he has been dropped. I'm sure you seen posts from a couple of posters outlining the reasons why JDT has dropped him. So I don't know why you think that