BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

Come on Rovers, send them back down here with nothing and let me gloat. My son’s nursery teacher is going up to Ewood for it.

Went to Peterborough away this time last year. The less said about that game, the better. I think we’re a different team now though.

🔵

• Like 4

I've found (via the Ticket map on the site) that ~14'200 home seats are taken at present for this one - between the JW, Riverside and BBE Lower.

With more online sales in the next couple of days, walk-ins and away fans - we could be looking at a decent attendance.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I've found (via the Ticket map on the site) that ~14'200 home seats are taken at present for this one - between the JW, Riverside and BBE Lower.

With more online sales in the next couple of days, walk-ins and away fans - we could be looking at a decent attendance.

Fair play and good to hear.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Norwich had sold around 1,700 as of yesterday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is this aim at me? 

If so, clearly not true. I just pointed out the clear facts that playing 2 games on Good Friday and Easter Monday are the norm at this level of football 

Go back and read it again Chaddy cos you are heading down a blind alley.

He said that he's not happy that his work (where he is employed) is making him work over Easter on a Christian holiday.  He has not mentioned anything to do with EFL games being played over Easter, nor is he complaining about them being played over Easter.

You have misunderstood his post and have thought he was saying games shouldn't be played on Good Friday / Easter Monday (or you have posted something completely irrelevant and quoted him!)

When somebody has pointed this out that he is complaining about his work and not the EFL, he says "exactly". 

• Like 6

GB on Adam in Sept 2022.

"Adam has worked incredibly hard since returning for pre-season in June and has continued to show big improvements in his game both on and off the ball. He has already demonstrated his ability to play at a senior level and now we are all working together to improve on his consistency and robustness to do this in the relentless nature of the Championship."

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/september/12/adam-wharton-signs-long-term-deal-/

And then it all goes south due, allegedly, the players attitude.

Oh, must mention that we have not heard direct from the player on this, not will we.

NO need to worry though, man management at Rovers is top drawer.

I think it's primarily a football thing with Wharton although probably not rocket science that hes fallen foul of his boss at some point.

Morton has clearly been more the type of player JDT wants in his system but he isn't really up to it.  So Buckley got his chance and the head coach said himself they'd been asking him to learn a new role and he was growing into it.

Then he's out so it's back to Morton he was signed as first choice for that role because he is allegedly ahead of the others. Got to agree Wharton should surely be getting more of a look in but there must be a good reason.  End of the day he has to learn to play the way they want him to and bide his time.

O'Brien if he stayed fit would probably have kept them all out and there was a good reason they wanted somebody like that.

• Like 2

Everyone was pissed off about all aspects of that shower of a game, took a while but most of us got over it eventually, as should any player. Thought Norwich would have sold more on a bank holiday with subsidised tickets? Really poor from them regardless of sky. Ipswich would have sold out..... 

Interesting the player getting the most stick from our fans on here is listed as our one to watch on their site 😕

Screenshot_20230405_171645_Facebook.jpg

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We are home to a rival that we know we can beat.

This game will be about attitude and who wants it most, who is willing to go that extra bit.

A test of teams and managers and, imho, we will win. We don't score many so it will be 1-0 or 2-1.

Let's not make the same mistake as the Birmingham fixture, its a while since they beat us and we took the game to lightly. Norwich will be up for this one 100%.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

Go back and read it again Chaddy cos you are heading down a blind alley.

He said that he's not happy that his work (where he is employed) is making him work over Easter on a Christian holiday.  He has not mentioned anything to do with EFL games being played over Easter, nor is he complaining about them being played over Easter.

You have misunderstood his post and have thought he was saying games shouldn't be played on Good Friday / Easter Monday (or you have posted something completely irrelevant and quoted him!)

When somebody has pointed this out that he is complaining about his work and not the EFL, he says "exactly". 

Fair enough Hasta. I did misunderstand his post. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 6

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Everyone was pissed off about all aspects of that shower of a game, took a while but most of us got over it eventually, as should any player. Thought Norwich would have sold more on a bank holiday with subsidised tickets? Really poor from them regardless of sky. Ipswich would have sold out..... 

Interesting the player getting the most stick from our fans on here is listed as our one to watch on their site 😕

Screenshot_20230405_171645_Facebook.jpg

Who’s he impressed? Stevie Wonder?

Any ideas what he means about Jack??

Jack is a question mark over whether he will be around at the end of the season. “Buckley is out for the season but is working hard to be ready for next season."

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23437101.jon-dahl-tomasson-gives-blackburn-rovers-injury-news-latest/

I thought Jack signed a contract extension until 2025?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23073182.blackburn-rovers-hand-new-contract-striker-jack-vale/