BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

What were our crowds when we went up under Dalglish? I think it was about 12k the day he first appeared (think we played Plymouth and Garner scored a peach).

We're back to those days in a much bigger stadium. 

18k is an excellent turnout all things considered. 

Different times and 26 years out of the big league so massive demographical changes and a whole generation of young fans lost.

Plus capacity them was cut to about 20k with 5 k of it being the old DE always for away supporters.

Thankfully we haven't slipped back to 80's levels but we were certainly well on the way.

• Like 1

Dont want to worry anyone but i have just been looking at the Referee appointments for this weekend and Rovers are only 1 of 2 games that still say TBC and having a look through the other appointments i have noticed that a certain Mr G Ward hasnt got one yet

26 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Could there be north of 20k? Or is that pushing it a bit? North of 18k Mayne?

From the Ticket Map, i've found that there are now ~15k seats taken in the home stands. Apparently Norwich are bringing 2k... so we're already at around 17k!

20k might be a bit of a push - but with further online sales and walk-ins i'm sure we'll surpass 18k.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pedrob2014 said:

Dont want to worry anyone but i have just been looking at the Referee appointments for this weekend and Rovers are only 1 of 2 games that still say TBC and having a look through the other appointments i have noticed that a certain Mr G Ward hasnt got one yet

The referee is Andre Marriner.

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

From the Ticket Map, i've found that there are now ~15k seats taken in the home stands. Apparently Norwich are bringing 2k... so we're already at around 17k!

20k might be a bit of a push - but with further online sales and walk-ins i'm sure we'll surpass 18k.

That's fantastic news!!

It would be great if we could push it up to 20k for Norwich. Hopefully we will see a steady increase in the gate for every remaining game. Obviously that’s dependent on us continuing to be in with a shot of the playoffs. The usual night match drop off hopefully won’t be as big if the matches become unmissable.

£40 for Burnley and Luton would be an attractive offer if we’ve still got plenty to play for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Which famous old Club's colours did Norwich first adopt as their kit.....

Hmm, not sure. Give us a clue, I could only find these images of their 1902 & 1905 kits 😄:

image.jpeg.8824fb5425f213d1b5834fc2a2d19ac5.jpegimage.jpeg.c77db9944a5d0e67d7ad27d7a121c01b.jpeg

Must admit, I didn't know that until you posted the question - looks like they couldn't decide which was the 'right way round' either!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

teemi pukki leaving norwich at the end of the season,would be a great addition for us next season,he will score you goals given the chances,players like him at this level will get you up the league,just question of ambition getting players the calibre of him in

Ambition and money.

• Like 1

• Blackburn Rovers are looking to complete a league double over Norwich City for the first time since the 1969-70 season.
  • Norwich have won their last four away league games against Blackburn – they had only won one of their first 17 trips to Ewood Park.
  • Blackburn are unbeaten at home in their previous six league games at Ewood Park (W5 D1), with only Burnley (48) earning more points on home soil in the Championship in 2022-23 than Rovers (40).
  • Norwich have failed to win any of their last four Football League games on Good Friday (D2 L2) since a 1-0 away win against Brighton in 2015.
  • Each of the last two goals Blackburn have conceded have come from outside the box – indeed, no side in the Championship has conceded more such goals than Rovers (13 – level with Hull).
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tricky said:
  • Blackburn Rovers are looking to complete a league double over Norwich City for the first time since the 1969-70 season.
  • Norwich have won their last four away league games against Blackburn – they had only won one of their first 17 trips to Ewood Park.
  • Blackburn are unbeaten at home in their previous six league games at Ewood Park (W5 D1), with only Burnley (48) earning more points on home soil in the Championship in 2022-23 than Rovers (40).
  • Norwich have failed to win any of their last four Football League games on Good Friday (D2 L2) since a 1-0 away win against Brighton in 2015.
  • Each of the last two goals Blackburn have conceded have come from outside the box – indeed, no side in the Championship has conceded more such goals than Rovers (13 – level with Hull).

Lets not take them lightly, they will be up for this one to close the gap.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2023 at 18:24, Nic81 said:

I can’t tell you how excited I am to be at the game. First one for probably ten years since I moved to Jersey. Always went with my Dad and he is flying over from Bulgaria (long story!) to watch too. My mum is even making a guest appearance and I don’t think she has ever been to a game. Fingers crossed we win but what I really want is passion, effort and some solid performances. 

Staying at the Millstone so guessing it’s pretty straight forward to get there. 

I have been to all the home games apart from 1 when I was on holiday. I have seen some fantastic football from Rovers in some of them.I hope you and your Family have a great day on Good Friday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

This game on Rovers TV? 

It is yes. 

However, I've had problems submitting my payment for the last 3 available games. I don't know if its the website or my tablet. I've mailed the tech support but didn't even get the courtesy of a reply. 

Dodgy live stream then it is. 

It was chaotic around Ewood yesterday as a three way temporary traffic light system at the Cravens Brow/Branch Road/Bolton Road junction really snarled up the flow of traffic. As I drove last there were some big boulders that had been dug up on the road and it gave me the impression that there was no way the road would be back to normal for today. To compound this there are roadworks on Branch Road and although there were no traffic controls in place there was barely enough room for two cars to pass at the same time.

If anybody is around the Ewood area this morning could they please post an update on the Cravens Brow situation?