BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

Massive game today. A must win really. Putting a bit of daylight between us and Norwich would be a huge advantage at this stage. A loss and Norwich close the gap significantly and you feel the most likely outcome is that they overtake us.

We must hold onto this play off spot. The players have been complete bottle jobs for far too long. 

• Like 2

A ‘bumper’ Rovers crowd usually equals a sub-par performance. 
Let’s hope on the pitch it’s not like Wigan and Bournemouth over the last few years. 

I like the comment someone made about it being a playoff quarter final. Win and I think we’re in, but I wouldn’t be disappointed with a draw. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

What were our crowds when we went up under Dalglish? I think it was about 12k the day he first appeared (think we played Plymouth and Garner scored a peach).

We're back to those days in a much bigger stadium. 

18k is an excellent turnout all things considered. 

Mike Jackman gives the crowd for that Plymouth - coincidental that they should be the opponents that day, given our crucial home Division 3 game against them in 1975 - game as 10,830; and the seasonal average as 13,245.

My mates gave me grief for not breaking off a long-arranged holiday, staying with family in New York before touring the "Fall Foliage" in New England!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, superniko said:

A ‘bumper’ Rovers crowd usually equals a sub-par performance. 
Let’s hope on the pitch it’s not like Wigan and Bournemouth over the last few years. 

I like the comment someone made about it being a playoff quarter final. Win and I think we’re in, but I wouldn’t be disappointed with a draw. 

I remember the Bournmouth game at Ewood last season, huge crowd full of hope, huge disappointment. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

It was chaotic around Ewood yesterday as a three way temporary traffic light system at the Cravens Brow/Branch Road/Bolton Road junction really snarled up the flow of traffic. As I drove last there were some big boulders that had been dug up on the road and it gave me the impression that there was no way the road would be back to normal for today. To compound this there are roadworks on Branch Road and although there were no traffic controls in place there was barely enough room for two cars to pass at the same time.

If anybody is around the Ewood area this morning could they please post an update on the Cravens Brow situation?

I've just driven through Ewood and the TTL's are still there and a sign about match day delays.. Personally I think it will be chaotic as we approach kick off and envisage people who are driving to Ewood missing the kick off.

I haven't seen anything on Rovers social media giving warnings.

3 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Preferably the former, @Sweaty Gussets; with the latter as our - reluctant - fall-back position.

A Norwich win gives them a massive boost. It would make them favourites to make the Top 6 if they do because they'd have the momentum (and the players/squad). It's almost a 2nd chance for them after looking like they were falling away. 

image.png.64c7284a90b9dd79f123193210ae06ff.png

They have some very winnable games compared to our run-in. 

I'd probably agree we have to win. 

• Like 3

The last five matches for Norwich have been W, L, D, D, L so their from isn't too good. I really fancy us today if we play the way that suits us. If Hanley is paired with Gibson at centre back we should really look to get in behind and exploit their lack of pace.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The last five matches for Norwich have been W, L, D, D, L so their from isn't too good. I really fancy us today if we play the way that suits us. If Hanley is paired with Gibson at centre back we should really look to get in behind and exploit their lack of pace.

very confident for today,especially as you stated hanley and gibson are a right pair of plodders,get dolan and/or brereton  running at them and behind them,one of them will get sent off☺️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Massive game today. A must win really. Putting a bit of daylight between us and Norwich would be a huge advantage at this stage. A loss and Norwich close the gap significantly and you feel the most likely outcome is that they overtake us.

We must hold onto this play off spot. The players have been complete bottle jobs for far too long. 

I just don't think we have enough firepower.

Losing against Birmingham was the kicker for me - that was our chance to put a big gap between us and the chasing pack.

I can only see a disappointing loss today against a fired up (and more talented) Norwich.