BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

Just now, Neilbristol said:

Any ideas what he means about Jack??

Jack is a question mark over whether he will be around at the end of the season. “Buckley is out for the season but is working hard to be ready for next season."

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23437101.jon-dahl-tomasson-gives-blackburn-rovers-injury-news-latest/

I thought Jack signed a contract extension until 2025?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23073182.blackburn-rovers-hand-new-contract-striker-jack-vale/

He is injured so I suspect he means in terms of recovery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Its reported in the LT, that Rovers have an 11.4 million pound loss this Season. All the more reason to get behind them on Good Friday. Let's finish in the top 6, then get on with the more difficult part winning the play-offs. I am going 4-0 Rovers to get back on track.

All the more reason to sack the people who will have let c25 million of players leave for nothing by summer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Everyone was pissed off about all aspects of that shower of a game, took a while but most of us got over it eventually, as should any player. Thought Norwich would have sold more on a bank holiday with subsidised tickets? Really poor from them regardless of sky. Ipswich would have sold out..... 

Interesting the player getting the most stick from our fans on here is listed as our one to watch on their site 😕

Screenshot_20230405_171645_Facebook.jpg

There'll be about 2.5k come the day so it can hardly be classed as poor all things considered. Anyone whose watched Rovers a fair length of time would also agree they've mostly travelled up here better than Ipswich.

There's a real load of over expected nonsense trotted around about away support across social media these days.

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is injured so I suspect he means in terms of recovery.

"Jack (Vale) got injured against Leicester. He will be out for a while with his ankle, he got a kick on his ankle in the 90th minute and he didn't even get a free-kick."

"Maybe, I am not sure," Tomasson added. "We have the international break so we don't need to push them and that can help us get some load into the boys."

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-injury-dack-update-26430377

The reporting on these injuries isn't always that clear, I wonder if its is a chatgpt generated article

1 hour ago, Neilbristol said:

"Jack (Vale) got injured against Leicester. He will be out for a while with his ankle, he got a kick on his ankle in the 90th minute and he didn't even get a free-kick."

"Maybe, I am not sure," Tomasson added. "We have the international break so we don't need to push them and that can help us get some load into the boys."

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-injury-dack-update-26430377

The reporting on these injuries isn't always that clear, I wonder if its is a chatgpt generated article

I don't think the bid in bold has anything to do with Vale, it's just a general comment on the others in the article like Dack who were injured at the time but were on their way back. Seems Vale is out for the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

There'll be about 2.5k come the day so it can hardly be classed as poor all things considered. Anyone whose watched Rovers a fair length of time would also agree they've mostly travelled up here better than Ipswich.

There's a real load of over expected nonsense trotted around about away support across social media these days.

It's poor. It's subsidised on a bank holiday. Ipswich have had some real followings this season. They've sold the initial allocation to Barnsley, on a Tuesday night which is more than Norwich are currently bringing, expected to be around 5k with the next batch. So don't come talking shite about nonsense on social media.

27 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

It's poor. It's subsidised on a bank holiday. Ipswich have had some real followings this season. They've sold the initial allocation to Barnsley, on a Tuesday night which is more than Norwich are currently bringing, expected to be around 5k with the next batch. So don't come talking shite about nonsense on social media.

Ipswich lot have all come out of the woodwork the last 2-3 seasons now they are the big fish in League One and used to winning most weeks.

When they were an average Championship side their numbers were far less impressive - usually 15,000 or so on at home and rarely brought more than 1,000-1,500 to Ewood or similar long journeys.

You can say similar for others like Bolton and Sheff Wed, who are now getting better numbers on home and away than they were getting in the Championship not long ago. 

In my experience both at Carrow/Portman Road and at Ewood Norwich have turned out in bigger numbers...which is to be expected because for nearly all of the last 15 years Norwich have been top end Championship or Premier League whereas Ipswich have been mid-table Championship or League One.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

I've found (via the Ticket map on the site) that ~14'200 home seats are taken at present for this one - between the JW, Riverside and BBE Lower.

With more online sales in the next couple of days, walk-ins and away fans - we could be looking at a decent attendance.

I just hope that in one of our remaining home games this season we nudge our way past 22,000 attendance at Ewood and in doing so can point to a bigger home gate than the dingles have had in years. Small wins but useful given their recent obsessions about attendances.

Realistically on those numbers we are looking at least 6-7000 home fans who aren't ST holders. That is a huge number by our standards and to be honest as a percentage by anyone's standards. Potentially could be matching our ST numbers in matchday sales.

Just hope that someone down there has the sense to try and capitalise on those numbers by reminding those people of ST sales and doing something, anything to try and persuade a few of them to get signed up for next season rather than let them drift away.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

The only shite is what you are talking sunshine get a grip anything over 2k for the distance is a good effort subsidised or not.

Like i said over the years Norwich have usually travelled up here better than Ipswich, why are you so bothered anyway.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

I just hope that in one of our remaining home games this season we nudge our way past 22,000 attendance at Ewood and in doing so can point to a bigger home gate than the dingles have had in years. Small wins but useful given their recent obsessions about attendances.

Dear God, is that the best win we can hope for, Ewood can hold more supporters than Turf Moor?

I think we'd be better keeping quiet on the attendance front, considering they are averaging about 6,000 fans more for each game. They have sold out on several occasions this season according to the LT, and have a waiting list for season tickets for NEXT SEASON. 

A win on the 25th April will restore authentic bragging rights 

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

The only shite is what you are talking sunshine get a grip anything over 2k for the distance is a good effort subsidised or not.

Like i said over the years Norwich have usually travelled up here better than Ipswich, why are you so bothered anyway.

No, it's you talking shite. I'm talking about the here and now, this season. Ipswich are constantly selling out and I've just given you an example on a Tuesday night 'sunshine' where they have done so.

It's circumstantial, and in the circumstances it's a poor following, if you want to disagree I don't give a shiny shite.

It’s £50 on their coach. Public transport on a bank holiday is a nightmare and the train will have been even more then £50. They aren’t exactly flying so 2k for a probable £100 day all in and a 12 hour round journey seems fine to me.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

No, it's you talking shite. I'm talking about the here and now, this season. Ipswich are constantly selling out and I've just given you an example on a Tuesday night 'sunshine' where they have done so.

It's circumstantial, and in the circumstances it's a poor following, if you want to disagree I don't give a shiny shite.

Ipswich are having their season in the sun and suddenly selling a lot of tickets. It's great support from them, but it's a deviation from the norm.

I am surprised people are talking 2,000-2,500 travelling up from Norwich as if it's a small away following. We usually struggle for 4 figures there. It's an absolute trek and they're probably underperforming in their eyes. I'm intrigued how it's a poor following? If so, we rarely have a passable following!

On the game itself, I'm nervous. I have a bad feeling about it and can't pinpoint why. My only solace is we tend to play better against teams who 'have a go' and don't sit in, but I really can't see how we get even a point if they score first. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hasta said:

Go back and read it again Chaddy cos you are heading down a blind alley.

He said that he's not happy that his work (where he is employed) is making him work over Easter on a Christian holiday.  He has not mentioned anything to do with EFL games being played over Easter, nor is he complaining about them being played over Easter.

You have misunderstood his post and have thought he was saying games shouldn't be played on Good Friday / Easter Monday (or you have posted something completely irrelevant and quoted him!)

When somebody has pointed this out that he is complaining about his work and not the EFL, he says "exactly". 

Easter is a religious festival and was synonymous with the church influence on society and goes back eons and so on. In todays world, the church, these days/times, has little influence on society and as such Easter is more or less just a normal period in time where things carry on although we still see lessened shopping hours and some curtailing of licencing hours. 

Maybe the member who is "angry" at his work for making him/them/she/they work on this weekend should have a look at the work contract in place to see if there is any scope for change/challenge. After all, in todays society someone somewhere will find fault/issues and will find a way to challenge the ruling under religious grounds/discrimination circumstances!

Norwich with 5k at Ewood 🤣

I refer you back to the BS i mentioned on twitter etc amongst 15 year olds who know no different.

FYI i think they brought about 3.5k in the Prem when we were last in it and Ipswich in all the time iv'e been a fan i don't remember ever anything like that though there may have been one.

I'd never diss either or expect any unrealistic following given the distance and neither are massive clubs.

Both great sets of fans imo with good support.

Back to the game ........ early goal needed and i don't care how it arrives.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Ewood will be half empty tomorrow and we’ll consider it a decent turn out. I don’t think we have the right to criticise any other fan base to be honest.

Dreading tomorrow. Effectively a play off quarter final. Need a reaction to last week. If we lose, frankly we don’t deserve a play off spot. Take a draw right now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

LT stating we are in for a bumper crowd tomorrow that could be the highest of the season.

I remember not so long ago how an 18,000 crowd on Ewood would be considered a poor turnout...times have indeed changed.

A 2,500 following fron Norwich is decent imo.

What were our crowds when we went up under Dalglish? I think it was about 12k the day he first appeared (think we played Plymouth and Garner scored a peach).

We're back to those days in a much bigger stadium. 

18k is an excellent turnout all things considered. 

• Like 1

Difference being we were at the beginning of a journey to build a fanbase then. Now it’s about re-building one that was thrown away.

But generally yes, 18k gate with only 9k ST holders? More than double our usual walk on numbers? That’ll do for me as it shows the support is still there.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Ewood will be half empty tomorrow and we’ll consider it a decent turn out. I don’t think we have the right to criticise any other fan base to be honest.

Dreading tomorrow. Effectively a play off quarter final. Need a reaction to last week. If we lose, frankly we don’t deserve a play off spot. Take a draw right now.

Could be approacing 2/3 full!

Take a draw..no thanks.Lets hit these Canaries hard.

• Like 1