BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

With Morton unplayable, Buckley injured and Wharton seemingly out of favour were clearly scraping the barrel in midfield…. If Brittain is fit my move would be JRC to partner Travis …at least he shows guts, doesn’t shirk the tackle and plays for the shirt . 

1 hour ago, Dolly blue said:

With Morton unplayable, Buckley injured and Wharton seemingly out of favour were clearly scraping the barrel in midfield…. If Brittain is fit my move would be JRC to partner Travis …at least he shows guts, doesn’t shirk the tackle and plays for the shirt . 

i agree and suggested this yesterday as well, think it would be good to see JRC in that position, sadly Brittain didnt look that great on Saturday but not many did ! would be good to see JRC in a CM role

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I still think we would be taking something away from our play to move Rankin Costello. He gives us something from there that nobody else does.

But sometimes circumstances mean you have to adapt and make the best of a bad job. That is when a manager earns his money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

I've never seen Edun play live, he doesn't get many games either, is he not any good or not rated?

The first match I saw him in live this season was the 2-1 win against West Brom in which he came on for Phillips and every pass/touch seemed to lead to West Brom pressure. He had an absolute nightmare for about 20 minutes and when he wasn't in possession he was jogging about.

• Like 1

Can't see Tomasson making any outlandish decisions on Friday for the most important game of the season. I'm sure he'll think back to the debacle of Turf Moor. 

Can't see much difference to the starting line up apart from up top. Probably Brereton for Dolan and a toss up for right wing. 

12 minutes ago, booth said:

The first match I saw him in live this season was the 2-1 win against West Brom in which he came on for Phillips and every pass/touch seemed to lead to West Brom pressure. He had an absolute nightmare for about 20 minutes and when he wasn't in possession he was jogging about.

"Edun's contract at Blackburn runs until the summer of 2024, with the option of an additional 12 months.11 Jan 2023"

Looked like he had a tsf to Charlton in Jan that collapsed. Guess we will get a new no. 7 this summer?

2 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

"Edun's contract at Blackburn runs until the summer of 2024, with the option of an additional 12 months.11 Jan 2023"

Looked like he had a tsf to Charlton in Jan that collapsed. Guess we will get a new no. 7 this summer?

I hope so, he's not much competition for what we've got. I think Mowbray brought him in as a full back, but he's not very good in either position.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I was just highlighting how your point about Brereton "not wanting" to play anywhere but from the left was flawed, as shown by the fact that him and Dolan have pretty much said identical things.

The reason presumably why people want to change it is because they don't want Gallagher to play and Brereton is our only consistent source of goals and physical threat.

The point being his form and goals come from the left side. No reason to make dramatic changes. Keep it simple and what has worked for him and Rovers for the last 2 and half years

5 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’d go with Dack and Szmodics as a fairly fluid central front two against Norwich, primarily because Gallagher has an absolute shocker on Saturday and hopefully dropping to the bench might get a reaction from him. He’d also be a lot handier to come off the bench than most of our other options if we are in need of a goal. 

With our lack of options it’s difficult to replace Gallagher even when it’s necessary. Dack is our most instinctive goalscorer, Vale is poor and injured anyway, big ask for Leonard to start games but I’d have him on the bench.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Dolan centrally either… he’s caused the Norwich centre backs problems before.

We tried Dack and Szmodics up front against PNE. He didn't work. We need to what has worked in the 2 months. No reason to change so dramatically when our form in the last 2 months(11 games) has us 7th in the form table. 

Either Gallagher or Dolan as the 9 with BBD on the left, Szmodics centre and Thomas on the right. Play on the counter more. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The point being his form and goals come from the left side. No reason to make dramatic changes. Keep it simple and what has worked for him and Rovers for the last 2 and half years

We tried Dack and Szmodics up front against PNE. He didn't work. We need to what has worked in the 2 months. No reason to change so dramatically when our form in the last 2 months(11 games) has us 7th in the form table. 

Either Gallagher or Dolan as the 9 with BBD on the left, Szmodics centre and Thomas on the right. Play on the counter more. 

You also said that Brereton doesn't want to play up front and potentially advocated Dolan there instead so I just pointed out how that was not a valid point when they have both said the same thing basically.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure how Rankin Costello would be as a central midfielder anyway to be fair.

Yeah I wouldnt think it would really suit JRC to play a central role in a two, he is good roaming around and finding space, if he was at central midfield partnership I think the need to always be available centrally and play on the half turn wouldn't really be his bag.

Would suit right side of a midfield three more but then we would still have to find someone for the left of the three. 

If we are dropping Morton the obvious shout is to bring Wharton or Garrett in, not move JRC. Like for like replacement.

Id give Wharton a shot, drop Morton, but persist with Gallagher up top as we have little other choice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You also said that Brereton doesn't want to play up front and potentially advocated Dolan there instead so I just pointed out how that was not a valid point when they have both said the same thing basically.

Dolan has played there and at times been effect like Norwich away. 

Brereton's form has come from playing the left not as centre forward were he struggled playing from. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Not the point I was making/debating against.

Brereton said he prefers play from left and given his form and scored most of his goals from that position why would everyone move him from there. 

Dolan granted would like to play from there also granted but he has effective as the number 9 like he was against Norwich away with his pressing and work rate

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton said he prefers play from left and given his form and scored most of his goals from that position why would everyone move him from there. 

Dolan granted would like to play from there also granted but he has effective as the number 9 like he was against Norwich away with his pressing and work rate

Again, talk about opinions on where you think they are best, fine. Ruling it out because Brereton "doesn't want to" only to move Dolan there instead, clearly a flawed way of thinking to try and justify your opinion by making others' seem a non-starter.

Lets cut to the chase here,we're either serious about the ferkin Playoffs and Promotion or might as well be a mediocre mid table side going nowhere....what do our Players and Manager want?

Sick of results like Saturday tbh,falling short of what is expected,seen enough of it this Season...show us what you are made of...want it ffs!!

• Like 6

20 hours ago, only2garners said:

With us having c10K season ticket holders and Norwich almost giving away up to 4,000 tickets, on a bank holiday with a 3 pm kick-off?

Hope there is a good crowd on but cant see Norwich bringing more than 2k.Many folk have other things planned for Bank Holidays too.Live on Sky?....

29 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Lets cut to the chase here,we're either serious about the ferkin Playoffs and Promotion or might as well be a mediocre mid table side going nowhere....what do our Players and Manager want?

Sick of results like Saturday tbh,falling short of what is expected,seen enough of it this Season...show us what you are made of...want it ffs!!

I think they just did. In the “  free hit “ games they’ve played well. When the pressure is on we look lost.

44 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Yep too many just shrug shoulders at performances and defeats like Saturday but its been a problem all season seemingly not as 'up' for these games and poor tactics.

Ok if we bounce back on Friday it's forgotten about but if not those games away at Brum etc come more into the spotlight. Success is gained on the back of the bread and butter stuff not the one off glamour performances, one of those would be real handy next though.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2