BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre season 23/24

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd be curious to know where they're predicted to finish - I have serious questions about the quality of that league now. 

They are one of the smaller sides in the Austrian top division, probably a bottom 4 team this season (12 team top division), finished 10th last season and only a point off bottom place.

But a very impressive couple of performances by the sounds of things, and they can only beat what is in front of them

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

They are one of the smaller sides in the Austrian top division, probably a bottom 4 team (12 team top division), but a very impressive couple of performances by the sounds of things, and they can only beat what is in front of them

image.png.48b04641ca583fb9acc65b07026c29cb.png

Last seasons league table. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

They are one of the smaller sides in the Austrian top division, probably a bottom 4 team (12 team top division), but a very impressive couple of performances by the sounds of things, and they can only beat what is in front of them

I'd be interested to compare the line ups against the team they put out against Nuremberg 10 days ago. Nuremberg just drew with Arsenal.

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

I really hope Gallagher kicks on this season now he's the main man upfront. Nobody can questions his attitude and his work ethic, you don't play approaching 200 games in Blue n White if you've not got something about you.

his work ethic is top class,he just does`nt have the centre forwards instinct,for anyone old enough he reminds me of norman bell,always willing but lacking the craft,how many times did the ball get pinged around the opposing teams penalty area last season,gally was always where the ball was`nt,a prime danny graham would have bagged himself 25 goals last season,thats how bad we need a goalscoring centre forward this year

• Like 4

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

his work ethic is top class,he just does`nt have the centre forwards instinct,for anyone old enough he reminds me of norman bell,always willing but lacking the craft,how many times did the ball get pinged around the opposing teams penalty area last season,gally was always where the ball was`nt,a prime danny graham would have bagged himself 25 goals last season,thats how bad we need a goalscoring centre forward this year

Agreed sgg and instinct isn't something you can learn at the highest level sadly.

Regardless of the quality of the opposition today, it really feels like JRC is going to be a key player for us this season. Hope he can stay fit because he's riding an incredible wave of form off the back of last season.

Also good to see Harry Leonard grab a goal, and a good poachers goal at that, being in the right place at the right time for an easy finish. Hopefully he can kick on and help ease the pressure up front.

• Like 3

Maybe it was because it was only 12 years after VE Day when I went to "big school"; or - more likely - it wasn't a very good school, but we never learned German when I was at school.

So I couldn't have sung "Can we play you every week?" if I'd been at today's games!😉

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t understand the signing tbh,we don`t need him,he`s not come here to sit on the bench and he`s going to be on big wages,he`s also going to keep phillips or carter out of the starting line up,unless one of them is getting sold

We have Carter and Phillips who are young. I think we will look to move S. Wharton on he has been very poor for the past 12 months. Made mistakes most games. Looked poor Vs Stanley. 

Batth could be a good experienced option while moving Wharton on for £1m/£1.5m.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I really hope Gallagher kicks on this season now he's the main man upfront. Nobody can questions his attitude and his work ethic, you don't play approaching 200 games in Blue n White if you've not got something about you.

Jason Lowe played 173 games for us and scored 1 goal. If he had something about him I’d like to know what it was.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

A goal and two assists for Leonard, right?

Judging by how he carries himself (he was the only one seriously warming up at half time at the end of last season - rather than just kicking a ball about in a triangle) and the brief glimpses I've seen - I reckon he'll go on to make it. He seems to have excellent movement - he's there for a tap on in JRC's first goal, for example.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3