BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

12 hours ago, arbitro said:

We lost out on the playoffs through goal difference which was exacerbated by some woeful time keeping towards the end of the season. I remember a few occasions when JDT quite rightly ranted about insufficient time being added. The score shouldn't be an influence in league games, cup game are different. I also understand that one of the considerations here was the betting markets (don't shoot the messenger about this 😂).

Your example is a good one but sadly there will be some collateral damage here. The real issue is that the authorities didn't deal with it years ago when it first crept in. It has been allowed to fester and now strong measures have to be brought in to reel it back.

Yes, if there is something in issue that is beyond just that game then the game should be played fully. If it's a blanket directive then that removes the possibility of error in this regard. Really good point that I hadn't thought of. 

I still think a 'ball in play' clock is the best way to stop injury time-wasters. Difficult to implement going down the leagues, but each league would have to cut their cloth as best they could.

1 minute ago, DanLad said:

Yes, if there is something in issue that is beyond just that game then the game should be played fully. If it's a blanket directive then that removes the possibility of error in this regard. Really good point that I hadn't thought of. 

I still think a 'ball in play' clock is the best way to stop injury time-wasters. Difficult to implement going down the leagues, but each league would have to cut their cloth as best they could.

PL games would last a minimum of 2 hours so it will have to be ok'd by Sky.....

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/leeds-united-offer-reciprocal-away-ticket-deals/

Cardiff have taken up the reciprocal ticket price offer from Leeds and adult tickets for the games will now be £21 as opposed to the £45/47 if there was no agreement. 

I wonder if Swagger will look after us in the same way. 

If Swag puts the fans first, it will be the first time

• Like 2

18 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/leeds-united-offer-reciprocal-away-ticket-deals/

Cardiff have taken up the reciprocal ticket price offer from Leeds and adult tickets for the games will now be £21 as opposed to the £45/47 if there was no agreement. 

I wonder if Swagger will look after us in the same way. 

With 7,000 seats at £45? No chance.

A load of those predicted positions are exactly where the respective teams spent a load of last season, so not exactly putting much thought into it when you consider how fluid a league this is with some teams coming from nowhere- I.e Cov, Sunderland etc, and some surprisingly struggling - Norwich, Watford.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CheshireRover said:

Leeds at home has been moved to the Sunday for TV.

I only know about this because the Blackburn 10K that was due to be on the 10th December has been brought forward a week because of the game being moved.

I wonder if it will be £47 for a walk on ticket ?

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Not necessarily Sky, could be a police request for a Sunday noon KO as there will be 7,000 of those dickheads to police… though obviously still a big chance it will be picked anyway as it is Sky Sports Leeds after all…

The email states TV specifically is the reason

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Coventry have just signed their 7th player of the window (and gone way over the money they received for that Swedish fella).

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

But but but but FFP!!!!

https://sqaf.club/amortisation-football/

The link above on amortisation explains how this is done, but the overly simple way of looking at things is fees received from selling players are counted on the current years accounts (minus his "book value"), but fees spent on new players are split over the length of a players contract (up to a maximum of 5 years). 

So if a club sells a forward for £20M, they can technically buy a dozen new players for a combined £100M all on 5 year contracts and remain FFP compliant at least for the first season (they may have issues for each subsequent season as they have to find £20M income to offset against the £20M/year spend that they are already committed to on top of whatever they spend going forwards)

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

https://sqaf.club/amortisation-football/

The link above on amortisation explains how this is done, but the overly simple way of looking at things is fees received from selling players are counted on the current years accounts (minus his "book value"), but fees spent on new players are split over the length of a players contract (up to a maximum of 5 years). 

So if a club sells a forward for £20M, they can technically buy a dozen new players for a combined £100M all on 5 year contracts and remain FFP compliant at least for the first season (they may have issues for each subsequent season as they have to find £20M income to offset against the £20M/year spend that they are already committed to on top of whatever they spend going forwards)

So just basic competent management then.

• Like 1