BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Leeds vs West Brom - 19 fouls, 9 yellow cards.

There’s going to be suspensions galore this season.

Finished 1-1.

And that's where our squad is stretched just on the numbers front. 4 yellows for us first game!

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Plymouth look solid

I spent a lot of last season thinking, similar to Shrewsbury in our promotion season, they'd eventually run out of steam and not be able to keep going. Yet, they did, and finished with an incredibly high points total, suggesting they were far too good for League 1. Early signs suggest that they're carrying on where they left off, as they definitely don't look remotely overawed by Championship football.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DE. said:

I spent a lot of last season thinking, similar to Shrewsbury in our promotion season, they'd eventually run out of steam and not be able to keep going. Yet, they did, and finished with an incredibly high points total, suggesting they were far too good for League 1. Early signs suggest that they're carrying on where they left off, as they definitely don't look remotely overawed by Championship football.

If you're organised and have a few athletes the Championship isn't a scary place. It's finding those goalscorers that's hard.

• Like 1

Just watching the Plymouth game. They look very solid if unspectacular.  May Struggle for goals but will he hard to beat.

I just pray that Russell Martin lasts till at least Christmas.  He's killing Southampton's chances.  Plymouth had far more shots with much less possession. 

If Southampton sat back and played on the break, their attacking pace would rip up this league. 

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Just watching the Plymouth game. They look very solid if unspectacular.  May Struggle for goals but will he hard to beat.

I just pray that Russell Martin lasts till at least Christmas.  He's killing Southampton's chances.  Plymouth had far more shots with much less possession. 

If Southampton sat back and played on the break, their attacking pace would rip up this league. 

Martin doesn’t want to ‘just’ win, he wants to win and show how clever (he thinks) he is.

Long may it continue…

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Saw the second half of Norwich v miwaw. 
miwaw looked as bad a side as I’ve seen seen we were relegated. They were really bad. Norwich won at a canter in 2nd gear

And the Millwall fans really turned on Rowett. I thought Ainsworth would be the first Championship manager to be sacked but I'm hedging my bet now. Once the Millwall fans turn there is a certain inevitability. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

What's the craic with Millwall fans and Rowett? I don't really follow them so not sure why the fans would already be turning against him like that. I thought he was doing alright there. They've only got one point less than us so far, and we're only three games into the season.

24 minutes ago, DE. said:

What's the craic with Millwall fans and Rowett? I don't really follow them so not sure why the fans would already be turning against him like that. I thought he was doing alright there. They've only got one point less than us so far, and we're only three games into the season.

I would also say that you have to take into account that the club is probably still in a shock at their owner's death. 

Rowett has done a very good job there but I guess their final day collapse last season is still in their memory  

8 hours ago, DE. said:

I was surprised to hear the chants yesterday but when we played there in the last game of last season there was a party atmosphere before the game and when they were 3-1 up. After the game their anger was palpable and really intimidating. Perhaps it's a hangover from that but yesterday the chanting became vitriolic with 'Gary Rowett, your football is shit' and 'Rowett, Rowett you're a c***' being clearly heard.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I was surprised to hear the chants yesterday but when we played there in the last game of last season there was a party atmosphere before the game and when they were 3-1 up. After the game their anger was palpable and really intimidating. Perhaps it's a hangover from that but yesterday the chanting became vitriolic with 'Gary Rowett, your football is shit' and 'Rowett, Rowett you're a c***' being clearly heard.

Millwall fans think Rowett starts every season with a back 5, trying to play out from the back with players who are not capable of doing so, and then after terrible starts to the season, he switches to a back 4 and goes more direct, when they then start to improve.  They just cant see why he keeps going back to the same tactics each season and doesn't seem to learn

I think last seasons change in formation and tactics was straight after our game against them at Ewood

• Like 1