BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

On 15/09/2023 at 20:53, Ricky said:

Russell Martin has done nothing to have this reputation he appears to have. They have conceded more goals than anyone in the league and added another 3 to the against column this half.

Absolutely agree.

Think one paper wrote Rovers would be disappointed if he left Swansea as he was our choice should JDT walk.  Thank God neither happened.

Fail to understand his Southampton appointment and I posted on here I thought he'd be gone by Christmas.  I'll update that forecast and I reckon he'll be gone when Ipswich do them in midweek - signs the Saints' fans are already turning, don't think the chant on Friday night of "who's the wanker in the black" was directed at the ref!

• Like 2

Warnock will leave after Wednesday game against Stoke City and new manager/head coach will be announce on Thursday. Warnock and their CEO Edwards says this was always part of the plan and Warnock has said they has been no failing out or disagreement either. 

CLUB STATEMENT: STOKE TO BE NEIL WARNOCK’S FINAL GAME - News - Huddersfield Town (htafc.com)

It will be interesting to see who they appointed. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Warnock will leave after Wednesday game against Stoke City and new manager/head coach will be announce on Thursday. Warnock and their CEO Edwards says this was always part of the plan and Warnock has said they has been no failing out or disagreement either. 

CLUB STATEMENT: STOKE TO BE NEIL WARNOCK’S FINAL GAME - News - Huddersfield Town (htafc.com)

It will be interesting to see who they appointed. 

nathan jones and darren moore are joint favourites,paul ince also listed at 9/1🤣

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Watched abit of the Preston game. I presume they’re getting their results from having a solid defence as they do look strong…However going forward, bar Millar,  they look very poor….Birmingham miles the better team.

If watching Burnley dominate this league and clinching promotion at our place was meant to be a low for us rovers fans, then watching fucking Preston win promotion would just confirm to me we are forever cursed 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

If watching Burnley dominate this league and clinching promotion at our place was meant to be a low for us rovers fans, then watching fucking Preston win promotion would just confirm to me we are forever cursed 

Oh dear, cue several pages of how we definitely don’t care about Preston 😂

21 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Very impressive from Lenihan, scoring whilst trying to steal a Sheffield Wednesday shirt.

Meanwhile, Buckley is invisible, (no change there then).

He didn't do anything wrong, but he didn't stand out.

This is the whole point of the loan though - he needs to play 70+ minutes of Championship football every week to see if he can iron out those inconsistencies. He's not getting that chance at Ewood. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Oh dear, cue several pages of how we definitely don’t care about Preston 😂

I'm not from blackburn so I don't have a seething hatred for Burnley like most rovers fans do, don't like losing to them for sure but don't hate them, Preston though..can't stand them, such a tiny irrelevant tin pot club, have no idea why I detest them so much, as before rovers were relegated if you asked me what Preston was I would of said that singer who was on big brother 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He didn't do anything wrong, but he didn't stand out.

This is the whole point of the loan though - he needs to play 70+ minutes of Championship football every week to see if he can iron out those inconsistencies. He's not getting that chance at Ewood. 

Sorry, he was totally anonymous.  Don't remember him breaking into a sprint once, just seemed to be jogging around and never getting involved in the game at all .

Substituted with 20 mins to go 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I'm not from blackburn so I don't have a seething hatred for Burnley like most rovers fans do, don't like losing to them for sure but don't hate them, Preston though..can't stand them, such a tiny irrelevant tin pot club, have no idea why I detest them so much, as before rovers were relegated if you asked me what Preston was I would of said that singer who was on big brother 

I rest my case, your honour 😉 

I was brought up in a PNE catchment area, and worked in Preston for several years , so I was more concerned with them than I was with Burnley. I knew plenty of North End fans.

I don’t want to see them on top of the League, but I wouldn’t classify any founder member of the Football League as “tin pot”.

9 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I wouldn’t worry to much about them. Like I said, they have a solid defence and have been VERY clinical uptop... Abit like us last season, they will come to a bad spell and start to fall.
They will be fighting for a play off come the end, hopefully along with us.

• Backroom

Plymouth's recent struggles continued as they were given a bit of a hiding from Bristol City at Ashton Gate. The home side won 4-1, thoroughly dominating the match. City have had a quietly solid start to the season, having only lost one of their first seven matches, and now find themselves in 5th, having won two and drawn two of their last four matches. They've also only conceded six goals, making their defence one of the tightest in the division thus far. Plymouth meanwhile have lost four of their last five matches. No prizes for guessing who was the one win in their last five matches. They drop to 17th, with their GD having taken a bit of a battering tonight.

Cardiff built on their victory at the weekend with a 3-2 home victory against Coventry. It's their third win in four matches and lifts them to 9th in the table. Coventry meanwhile still only have a solitary win to their name so far this season, and their succession of draws is followed up by a defeat. They are now 15th.

Preston's momentum continues to build as they recorded yet another win, this time a 2-1 result at home to Birmingham. It sees Preston back in top spot for now, having won six and drawn one of their opening seven games. Conceding just five goals makes their defence joint-best in the division alongside Leicester and Watford. Birmingham meanwhile continue to drop points after a good start to the season. It's their second defeat on the spin, and means they've only picked up one point from the last nine available. They slip outside of the playoff spots into 7th. 

QPR and Swansea recorded a 1-1 draw which does little for either club. Swansea were a goal ahead until the 92nd minute when QPR snatched an equaliser, and Swansea's misery was further compounded with a 98th minute sending off after Ollie Cooper managed to get himself booked twice in the space of a minute - not for remonstrating with officials, either, just two reckless fouls in succession. He'd only come on in the 73rd minute. This result means Swansea continue to wait for their first league victory, and are condemned to their worst start to a season in 32 years. They remain in 22nd position in the table. It was QPR's first draw of the season, and considering how the match went they'll likely be grateful for the point, having likely been initially targeting this as a three pointer.

Russell Martin continues to work his magic at Southampton, as they fell to a third successive defeat, this time at home to Ipswich. Whilst they didn't concede a hatful of goals this time, it was a defensive error that gave Ipswich their goal. By all accounts Ipswich were the better side as well, suggesting that Southampton's confidence is faltering, whilst Ipswich will no doubt have had their morale boosted further by yet another victory.  They've made an outstanding start to the season, with six wins from seven, having won their last three, bouncing back admirably after their 4-2 defeat to Leeds. Some job McKenna has done there. Ipswich are joint-second for goals scored, with fierce rivals Norwich remaining the division's top scorers. They climb back to second, putting pressure on Leicester to keep up. Southampton meanwhile drop to 11th, and questions will surely be asked now about Russell Martin's future at the club. 

Finally, Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough played out a 1-1 draw at Hillsborough. Rovers' old boy Darragh Lenihan was on the scoresheet for Boro, claiming the equaliser which ended up being the last goal of the match. The match was otherwise notable for Sheffield Wednesday's supporters engaging in a tennis ball protest against their owners, causing a brief early stoppage. The result doesn't do much to help either team, with Wednesday remaining in 23rd and Boro still rooted to the bottom of the table. Both sides are yet to pick up a victory thus far in the campaign, and have an equal record of five goals scored. Boro fare slightly worse on goals conceded with 14 to Wednesday's 11. The draw does stop a run of defeats for Boro, but that won't lift many spirits as they find themselves still waiting for a sign of hope that they can revive themselves as they did last season.  

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I'm not surprised to see either Southampton or Leeds struggle, it's a very tough transition from Prem to Championship.

Predicted both would struggle to finish top 6, pre season.

southampton have one massive handicap,their manager😄,it`s some achievement he`s doing to make a mess of a side full of good players,suspect that the players ar`nt exactly pulling for him and he`ll get the boot if he they lose again

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DE. said:

Plymouth's recent struggles continued as they were given a bit of a hiding from Bristol City at Ashton Gate. The home side won 4-1, thoroughly dominating the match. City have had a quietly solid start to the season, having only lost one of their first seven matches, and now find themselves in 5th, having won two and drawn two of their last four matches. They've also only conceded six goals, making their defence one of the tightest in the division thus far. Plymouth meanwhile have lost four of their last five matches. No prizes for guessing who was the one win in their last five matches. They drop to 17th, with their GD having taken a bit of a battering 

Are there any clues as to why Schumacher made 7 changes to the team who played on Saturday, including most of his forwards? They were by all accounts a bit unfortunate to lose at Preston.

Edited by only2garners
Addition

19 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm not surprised to see either Southampton or Leeds struggle, it's a very tough transition from Prem to Championship.

Predicted both would struggle to finish top 6, pre season.

Leeds should push on now the window is open. They had a lot of rubbish going on but with the likes of Gnonto and Summerville settled again and having signed some really strong players in Piroe, Kamara, Rodon, Anthony Darlow and Spence towards the end of the window and with Farke in charge, I think theyll do well.

• Like 1

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Are there any clues as to why Schumacher made 7 changes to the team who played on Saturday, including most of his forwards? They were by all accounts a bit unfortunate to lose at Preston.

Had a quick look on a Plymouth forum and they all seemed absolutely baffled by the amount of changes, so it doesn't seem that there was a reason beyond tactical/rotation. Probably best not to do that again.