BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They will be happy enough lording it up in the Championship next season.

They are set to be a yo yo club.

I would prefer to be a yo-yo club than to be in our position. At least it guarantees its future.

But as the article says, it does make you wonder what its all about!

Maybe in future you just shun the season in the Premiership and return for the promotion season.

Saves you a lot of grief and dosh!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

I would prefer to be a yo-yo club than to be in our position. At least it guarantees its future.

But as the article says, it does make you wonder what its all about!

Maybe in future you just shun the season in the Premiership and return for the promotion season.

Saves you a lot of grief and dosh!

Me too re being a yo yo.

The PL is what happens when countries are allowed to buy clubs. 3 or 4 clubs will win everything and large part of me says WTF is the point of that.

I see on VAR that Webb wants VAR to check what refs are doing even more closely. That is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Me too re being a yo yo.

The PL is what happens when countries are allowed to buy clubs. 3 or 4 clubs will win everything and large part of me says WTF is the point of that.

I see on VAR that Webb wants VAR to check what refs are doing even more closely. That is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. 

Is that even allowed under the current rules?

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Me too re being a yo yo.

I'm sure there will be exemptions for certain clubs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Interview with David Raya in today's guardian.

Grim reading for a Rovers fan. Doesn’t seem to feel any attachment to us as we’re not mentioned although he takes the time to mention how much he loved his time at Brentford, Stockport and Arsenal. The only reference I could see to us was when he was snapped up after a trial but we’re “not exactly Barcelona”. Fuck off. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Grim reading for a Rovers fan. Doesn’t seem to feel any attachment to us as we’re not mentioned although he takes the time to mention how much he loved his time at Brentford, Stockport and Arsenal. The only reference I could see to us was when he was snapped up after a trial but we’re “not exactly Barcelona”. Fuck off. 

And yet he gave such a rave review of Rovers coaching staff, when he left.

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They have rules? I always assumed it was just up as they go along and hence why Webb got his job as a most proficient spin doctor.

There are rules - these being followed is an entirely different matter. 

I believe Mr Webb may well be a proponent of ‘there’s no such thing as bad publicity’

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

Grim reading for a Rovers fan. Doesn’t seem to feel any attachment to us as we’re not mentioned although he takes the time to mention how much he loved his time at Brentford, Stockport and Arsenal. The only reference I could see to us was when he was snapped up after a trial but we’re  “not exactly Barcelona”. Fuck off. 

Those were the journalist words not Raya’s.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Dingle article translation =

It’s crap not being able to compete and losing every week, so we are looking forward to next season with our huge parachute payments when we get to win instead every week against sides that can’t compete.

That’s exactly what I thought too.

It’s  a very long article to basically say winning = good,  losing = bad.

Edited by wilsdenrover

13 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

I have heard there was extremely bad blood between Raya and Mowbray

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just reading a report of the Luton game - “ the outstanding Chiedozie Ogbene “ gets a mention. We should have been in for this lad a year ago.

Ogbene did play very well. Great cross for their winner. 

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Then a bit further on in the report we have “ the outstanding Thomas Kaminski “. Grr.

Kaminski made some saves but did come out for cross and got nowhere near it. 

We are all revelling in watching Burnley struggle again in the Prem. But what would we prefer? To tread water as a mid table championship side season after season or to be a yo-yo team where every other season we are brilliant and every other(other) season we get thrashed every week. Serious question.

I know which I'd choose.

4 minutes ago, bazza said:

We are all revelling in watching Burnley struggle again in the Prem. But what would we prefer? To tread water as a mid table championship side season after season or to be a yo-yo team where every other season we are brilliant and every other(other) season we get thrashed every week. Serious question.

I know which I'd choose.

I know I’d not choose to be Burnley.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just reading a report of the Luton game - “ the outstanding Chiedozie Ogbene “ gets a mention. We should have been in for this lad a year ago.

Then a bit further on in the report we have “ the outstanding Thomas Kaminski “. Grr.

That's the difference between a club with ambition and a club that just exists for the sake of existing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

That's the difference between a club with ambition and a club that just exists for the sake of existing.

Luton needed a keeper, the Rovers needed the cash. As hard as it might be to stomach they are the facts. Lets hope the positions change in the near future.

If we had played Kaminski at the back end of last season ( the keeper who is currently starting to earn great reviews in the Premier League)  instead of the inferior Pears then maybe we wouldn’t have needed the cash as much a few weeks later.

• Like 3