BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Girona Friendly - #fanstakeover

Does anybody know if many Girona fans are expected to make it over?

I don't think there'll be many for a friendly. I assume the Darwen End will be open as usual for away fans?

Always curious about these kind of things when we play foreign opposition. Which is another reason why I'm looking forward to our return to the Europa League in a few season's time 😊.

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Does anybody know if many Girona fans are expected to make it over?

I don't think there'll be many for a friendly. I assume the Darwen End will be open as usual for away fans?

Always curious about these kind of things when we play foreign opposition. Which is another reason why I'm looking forward to our return to the Europa League in a few season's time 😊.

I phoned Rovers earlier this week to sort a car park pass for the game. When I quoted my Sheffield postcode I was asked “Oh are you an away fan then?” 😆

• Like 8

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

It’s a shame the promotional email I’ve just received for this match (from the club)  doesn’t reference this initiative by the Trust.

It is a shame. It’s also very frustrating.

• Like 2

With the fan involvement in proceedings I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a preseason game to be a success. Hopefully commercially but even in terms of positive feedback.

I’ve said for years it’s embarrassing that the rovers look on at how they do things at Stanley with envy and even bloody Clitheroe more effort than rovers. If I was in control would put decent beer on, transport, fuck off that Sodexo, programmes, give a load of free tickets to those less fortunate for a very easy PR win. That’s before doing stuff like a bit of live music beforehand/after.

Unfortunately I think I know the clubs/swags game. For the fa cups don’t get 5 figure crowds so when 2-3k rock up for a friendly vs a team no sod has ever heard of they’ll use it as a stick to say well the fans thought they could do better (which I’m sure 100% will do) but no sod came so back to normal. I wouldn’t be surprised if swag can somehow guarantee it’s hooning it down. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, matt83 said:

With the fan involvement in proceedings I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a preseason game to be a success. Hopefully commercially but even in terms of positive feedback.

I’ve said for years it’s embarrassing that the rovers look on at how they do things at Stanley with envy and even bloody Clitheroe more effort than rovers. If I was in control would put decent beer on, transport, fuck off that Sodexo, programmes, give a load of free tickets to those less fortunate for a very easy PR win. That’s before doing stuff like a bit of live music beforehand/after.

Unfortunately I think I know the clubs/swags game. For the fa cups don’t get 5 figure crowds so when 2-3k rock up for a friendly vs a team no sod has ever heard of they’ll use it as a stick to say well the fans thought they could do better (which I’m sure 100% will do) but no sod came so back to normal. I wouldn’t be surprised if swag can somehow guarantee it’s hooning it down. 

What would be really helpful is if folks attending (especially those in JW stand) take a stroll behind the BBE, visit the stalls/concessions & post on socials/forum/send the club emails etc saying how improved the atmosphere was & complimenting all of us involved for paying for tickets for BYZ to bring kids to Ewood… 

IMG_9856.png

• Like 4

Just to echo what @Herbie6590has posted above, if you can please come along and support it. Buy a ticket, and a programme, come and visit our stalls in the fanzone, buy a raffle ticket, join the Trust, sing along to the Beatles, stay for a drink after. Maybe bring someone else along, and help spread the word.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Just to echo what @Herbie6590has posted above, if you can please come along and support it. Buy a ticket, and a programme, come and visit our stalls in the fanzone, buy a raffle ticket, join the Trust, sing along to the Beatles, stay for a drink after. Maybe bring someone else along, and help spread the word.

Is there a way of getting a programme whilst neither attending nor being local?

43 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Is there a way of getting a programme whilst neither attending nor being local?

There is! https://roversfanzine.bigcartel.com/product/4-000-holes-subscriptions-2023-24

In response to your other question, we hope this is the first of many similar days. A few league games a season would be the aim.

• Like 2