BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Girona Friendly - #fanstakeover

You are in this particular endeavour, to quote J*B -

‘If this is attended by 2,000 people and nobody uses/gets involved in the pre/post match activities that The Trust, BRFCS, 4,000 Holes and RoversChat are putting time and resource into for free, Rovers will use it as evidence to show that “we’ve done all we can”. The Fans Forum will be told for years that when they allowed fan involvement there was no economic benefit and no additional enjoyment for fans. 

If it’s attended by 10,000 people, who enjoy, get involved with and spend outside the ground they’ll see what The Trust and BRFCS and others have said for years now. There is something special about Blackburn Rovers Football Club and given an opportunity fans will come back. ‘

A low crowd for this friendly proves nothing other than you get low crowds for pre season friendlies in the summer holidays. It shouldn’t either put you off doing other things or be used by the club to somehow show there’s no interest - it’s a kick about in July a few days before the actual curtain raiser.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘If this is attended by 2,000 people and nobody uses/gets involved in the pre/post match activities that The Trust, BRFCS, 4,000 Holes and RoversChat are putting time and resource into for free, Rovers will use it as evidence to show that “we’ve done all we can”. The Fans Forum will be told for years that when they allowed fan involvement there was no economic benefit and no additional enjoyment for fans. 

If it’s attended by 10,000 people, who enjoy, get involved with and spend outside the ground they’ll see what The Trust and BRFCS and others have said for years now. There is something special about Blackburn Rovers Football Club and given an opportunity fans will come back. ‘

A low crowd for this friendly proves nothing other than you get low crowds for pre season friendlies in the summer holidays. 

2,000 would be a hugely disappointing turnout, it’d be a similar number to what we took to Stanley. It’d also be very damaging to any future case we put forward that “cheap tickets = bigger attendances”.

To be clear, 10,000 would be absolute an absolute dream world scenario. Half that would be a success.

There’s already some massive positives I’ll take from this whatever the attendance is. Due to the generosity of people on this board and in the wider fanbase, some kids will be experiencing their first ever trip to Ewood, and families who are really struggling at present will be able to have an afternoon out at the football. 

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 6

It’s a July friendly, and Ewood friendlies have always been priced like this. 

It means absolutely nothing re the viability of future cheap tickets, in fact I’m surprised you are even entertaining the club if they are trying to make out 3/4k for a friendly against a club most fans will only heard of because of cheap Ryanair flights is some kind of failure and proves something or other.

As an example - other Ewood friendlies; Everton in 2018 - 4k home fans, Wigan 2015 - 2,900. Stoke - 2014, less than 3k. Girona themselves in 2016? 2,100.

A league game and it didn’t move the dial than fair enough. This game?

Edited by Mattyblue

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a July friendly! And Ewood friendlies have always been priced like this. 

It means absolutely nothing re the viability of future cheap tickets, in fact I’m surprised you are even entertaining the club if they are trying to make out 3/4k for a friendly against a club most fans will only heard of because of cheap Ryanair flights is some kind of failure and proves something or other. As an example - Everton in 2018 - 4k home fans, Wigan 2015 - 2,900. Stoke - 2014, less than 3k. Girona themselves in 2016? 2,100.

A league game and it didn’t move the dial than fair enough. This game?

I’m sure everyone read your comments yesterday Matty, why you seem intent to pissing on this thread is beyond me.

Haven’t you got a fence to paint or something more productive to do? 

• Like 1

Pissing on the thread? Not at all, but not like you to engage your mouth before your brain -  complete opposite of what I’m doing.

My point is, The Trust are being too hard of themselves, if it’s a low crowd it isn’t due to any failure of the Trust or any kind of proof cheap tickets don’t work generally, just the age old truth that the vast majority of the fanbase don’t bother with friendlies. It’s a great endeavour, shouldn’t put them off future initiatives and they shouldn’t be disheartened if only 3k trap.

P.S - what did I post yesterday? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Mattyblue

3 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

BRFCS doesn’t have the culinary skills nor the public liability insurance to cope with the consequences of our lack of ability…but we will be selling raffle tickets to raise money for Tony Parkes and giving away some really nifty fixture cards…😉

ok thanks for reply

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

@chaddyrovers there will be the footy curry and bar stalls open around the fanzines, along with the Sodexo offerings in the ground (hopefully with some deals on). Is there anything specific you’d like to see? No promises, we’re bang in the middle of festival season so it might be tricky, but we can certainly ask the question.

fair enough. I would like to see pizza slices for example. There is a twitter page called Footy scran which shows plenty of poor food items at different grounds some decent ones like a proper burger with onions and lettuce at Gloucester City AFC Footy Scran (@FootyScran) / Twitter

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

2,000 would be a hugely disappointing turnout, it’d be a similar number to what we took to Stanley. It’d also be very damaging to any future case we put forward that “cheap tickets = bigger attendances”.

To be clear, 10,000 would be absolute an absolute dream world scenario. Half that would be a success.

There’s already some massive positives I’ll take from this whatever the attendance is. Due to the generosity of people on this board and in the wider fanbase, some kids will be experiencing their first ever trip to Ewood, and families who are really struggling at present will be able to have an afternoon out at the football. 

please keep trying your best and you all deserved praise for doing this

• Like 1

I'm gutted that I can't go to this game; a longstanding, slow-healing couple of injuries to my left leg just above the heel (I stopped describing them as "slow-heeling" a long time ago!) prevent me wearing any footwear other than bedsocks. In other circumstances, I'd have been there.

Anyway, I'll be thinking about you all; and hope that the weather's fair, so that anybody local without a leg-itimate😉 excuse like mine; or who had already booked their holidays for the close season - that's what it's there for(!) ‐ will be there.

Edited by R0verb0y
  • Like 3

• Backroom
14 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I won't be going because the owners are still here. Very simple.

However I may support the initiative and certainly support the efforts of those involved. I just don't understand what the aim of the exercise is ? It doesn't say.

Regarding attendance as being a measure of success. The issue there is, the game itself is not being advertised or promoted in any way. Same as Season tickets in that respect. 

To show Rovers what can be achieved as a match day experience with just a touch of fan engagement.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

ok thanks for reply

fair enough. I would like to see pizza slices for example. There is a twitter page called Footy scran which shows plenty of poor food items at different grounds some decent ones like a proper burger with onions and lettuce at Gloucester City AFC Footy Scran (@FootyScran) / Twitter

please keep trying your best and you all deserved praise for doing this

I follow the Footy Scran facebook page and there are some amazing (and cheap) offerings.

Rovers could easily provide our own local delicacies at cheap enough prices #JohnBulls

Hell, I’d even quite like Venkys to try providing their chicken just to provide something a bit different than the usual.

And how hard can it be to get a decent ale on tap?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I follow the Footy Scran facebook page and there are some amazing (and cheap) offerings.

Rovers could easily provide our own local delicacies at cheap enough prices #JohnBulls

Hell, I’d even quite like Venkys to try providing their chicken just to provide something a bit different than the usual.

I deffo wouldn't want john bull but something like Pie, peas or Gravy or Pizza Slice or proper Burger and chips. 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

wouldn't know to be honest. Not something I know alot about but plenty of people mention it on here so it is area the club need to look at personally

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

They would have to pay Rovers for their stalls and have to have lots of stock, ready to go.

Very difficult but not impossible,  A bit of help, (not Swag trying to fleece them) and a bit of collaboration, it could be another positive but we've done all we can. 😞

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

there is an excellent van serving various tasty morsels on nuttall street and they take cash,far better offering than that overpriced sodexo shite that swag did the deal with,on  my travels last season,it was clear,ewood had by far the worst food offerings,even non league chorley were superior,in price and service

54 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there is an excellent van serving various tasty morsels on nuttall street and they take cash,far better offering than that overpriced sodexo shite that swag did the deal with,on  my travels last season,it was clear,ewood had by far the worst food offerings,even non league chorley were superior,in price and service

That FootyScran account is good, and they (or their followers rather) were very positive about the balti we had last season ... lets hope we get that again this year. Footyscran also run a register of food places looking and can match them up with clubs that are looking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy said:

It is interesting that any vague mention of potential negative news is taken as fact by the majority and the end of the world is neigh.

Yet, any vague mention of potential positive news is met with cynicism and a refusal to believe that anything possible could happen at our club.

I guess c12 years of the old Venksters will do that to you.

If there's anything positive about to go down, now would be a pretty good time to release it.

Yep, a bloody good summary. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

What is this thing with you and trains? 🤔

I get the train from where I live, to go to matches. Therefore if there are no trains, it is doubtful I would go. Not a difficult thing to understand. Quite a few get the train from Preston.

• Like 2

Blackburn Youth Zone are officially behind this and based on donations so far we’re expecting to be able to cover tickets, travel and expenses for around 40 children who otherwise wouldn’t be able to access games at Ewood. 

If you’d like to donate send myself or Duncan a message. 

• Like 9

On 16/07/2023 at 12:01, Mattyblue said:

A low crowd for this friendly proves nothing other than you get low crowds for pre season friendlies in the summer holidays. It shouldn’t either put you off doing other things or be used by the club to somehow show there’s no interest - it’s a kick about in July a few days before the actual curtain raiser.

I can see a big crowd turning up for the friendly a week on Saturday. I will be there to see how the new boys perform and it sounds like a fun day with the Rovers Trust taking over for the day.

• Like 3