BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Girona Friendly - #fanstakeover

On 19/07/2023 at 11:34, J*B said:

Blackburn Youth Zone are officially behind this and based on donations so far we’re expecting to be able to cover tickets, travel and expenses for around 40 children who otherwise wouldn’t be able to access games at Ewood. 

If you’d like to donate send myself or Duncan a message. 

Well done Youth Zone, for  paying for childrens tickets who cant afford to go to the match. The children are the future of Blackburn Rovers.

In general the Fanzone needs more offerings food wise than just curry.

Pizza, Chicken stalls maybe?

Sweets, Popcorn etc are just some other ideas but accept cash so kids can actually take their pocket money along! It's a particular pain when you take your child's friends and their parents send them with cash.

Looks like the booze supplier has changed... went in Blues today and the draught beers have all been changed. Wonder if that will be the same in the fan zone / concourse.

Edited by Ben-2000
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I can see a big crowd turning up for the friendly a week on Saturday. I will be there to see how the new boys perform and it sounds like a fun day with the Rovers Trust taking over for the day.

Hope you’re right, I can see 3/4k or so, which is plenty when you look at previous Ewood friendlies.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

In general the Fanzone needs more offerings food wise than just curry.

Pizza, Chicken stalls maybe?

Sweets, Popcorn etc are just some other ideas but accept cash so kids can actually take their pocket money along! It's a particular pain when you take your child's friends and their parents send them with cash.

Looks like the booze supplier has changed... went in Blues today and the draught beers have all been changed. Wonder if that will be the same in the fan zone / concourse.

Changed to what?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Well done Youth Zone, for  paying for childrens tickets who cant afford to go to the match. The children are the future of Blackburn Rovers.

For absolute clarity…it’s *you* i.e. the forum members & other fans who are paying…we have been overwhelmed with donations from all corners of the globe…truly heartwarming.

BYZ are coordinating getting the kids there so are playing a key part but I did want to say the response has been terrific…🤍💙👍🏻

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Is'nt there a decent bus service from Preston to Blackburn.

The 152

26 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Good idea Pizza stall, might get a few Italians over for the friendly.

Put on a good curry and you might entice Venkys over.

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

Not to Ewood. I think Witton park is the nearest stop.

If you get the 152, don't make the mistake my mate did when hurrying to Ewood to watch a match. He got off in Feniscowles at The Feildens Arms to walk the "short" journey to Ewood. Only after did he realise what a hell of a long road Livesey Branch Road is. I think he missed the first 20 minutes. 😂

12 hours ago, bazza said:

If you get the 152, don't make the mistake my mate did when hurrying to Ewood to watch a match. He got off in Feniscowles at The Feildens Arms to walk the "short" journey to Ewood. Only after did he realise what a hell of a long road Livesey Branch Road is. I think he missed the first 20 minutes. 😂

Get off the 152 opposite Cherry Lane then cross over, up the lane and onto canal. Come off canal towpath at Albion St and Ewood Park is there. Easy 20min walk.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 1