BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Girona Friendly - #fanstakeover

3 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Don't believe so as that would cut across Rovers concessions...presume the FanZone is opening as usual though...

Fanzone will be open along with the Footy Curry stall, beer sheds, and possibly Finch Bakery

• Like 1

And that would be a cracking effort when you look at previous Ewood friendly crowds, and potentially achievable, it just threw me off a week or so ago when you were talking about 10,000, never in a million years is a friendly getting close to that.

Good to know that the club is being sensible and 5k would be deemed a success all round (and hopefully lead to more of the same for a competitive game).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And that would be a cracking effort when you look at previous Ewood friendly crowds, and potentially achievable, it just threw me off a week or so ago when you were talking about 10,000, never in a million years is a friendly getting close to that.

Good to know that the club is being sensible and 5k would be deemed a success all round (and hopefully lead to more of the same for a competitive game).

I'd like to think with the right promotion, notice and funding WATR/BRFCS/RoversChat and others could get 10,000 over the line for a friendly. Eventually. That would be a real statement.

I'd be more than happy with 5,000 for this one, but it'll need a huge promotion from all involved and local media.

• Like 1

If we (ever) get to the stage where we have 12000/13000+ ST holders again then why not.

As you have more people who are in the habit of going on a regular basis, add that to those that always walk on, fancy a cheap day out etc and it’s very much possible. 

I think 5,000 is something of a “blue sky” target. Quite literally. If the weather was like it was a month ago I think it would definitely happen. A lot of the walk ons will be weather dependent though.

Both the club and the Trust would love to see the gate hit 5k, but that can’t be our only success measure.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Let me also test the water with this...would anyone be interested in one of these ? 

For absolute clarity - it would be our logo due to copyright etc...but I quite fancy one for myself if nobody else 😀

IMG_9912.PNG

IMG_2023-5-5-195505.png

I’d fancy one of those. What material would it be? A hoodie type thing or waterproof? (I’d probably like both actually! 😂). 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I’d fancy one of those. What material would it be? A hoodie type thing or waterproof? (I’d probably like both actually! 😂). 

I’m thinking of paying to get a sample made up on the basis I really want one 😆

It would be a tracksuit top/anthem jacket design.

Separately one of our number (who is supplying the t shirts for Saturday) is on notice that we fancy hoodies, sweatshirts, gilets, base layers, fleeces and rugby shirts…so keep an eye on the site as we near Christmas 

“The perfect gift for your nearest & dearest…some BRFCS merch…” 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Well I'm coming and bringing my Chinese wife, she chose this game over coming with me to the WBA game.  First game since COVID closed China.

I'd love a BRFCS top but I'm leaving after the Hull game

If we make them commercially available we’ll post details on the forum…and post them out of course 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Well I'm coming and bringing my Chinese wife, she chose this game over coming with me to the WBA game.  First game since COVID closed China.

I'd love a BRFCS top but I'm leaving after the Hull game

The way you said that made it sound like you have more than one wife.  😁

I hope you both enjoy the match.

• Like 4

Fantastic article on site today about the importance of home pre-season friendlies. This was actually written last summer and called for some kind of 'fan takeover day' with a match against European opponents. Prophetic!

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/a-homage-to-the-home-pre-season-friendly/419

PW.JPG

• Like 4