BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham (a) - 12/08/2023

• Backroom

Will take a point considering where we were on 70 minutes. Can't help but think a proper decent striker turns the draw into a win, but it is what it is. A lot to be concerned about with that performance, but we got away with a point, which is more than I expected at half time. 

• Like 3

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Two points dropped there. Still, thanks to the ref for giving us a chance to even get one. 

A point gained for mine - we're still two wide men short at a bare minimum (obviously one of them is sat in the treatment room with a groin injury). 

Hedges is no great shakes of a player, but he has enough pace and is willing to run at his man. He caused Rotherham no end of problems then - imagine if we had someone similar, but with an end product?

It might be the new rules but until the soft sending off we were well and truly awful today. Then, like at Huddersfield last season, we were looking like scoring every attack. Frustrating we had 20 minutes to find a winner and missed a sackful of decent opportunities. I’d have snapped your hand off for a point at 2-0 though.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Will take a point considering where we were on 70 minutes. Can't help but think a proper decent striker turns the draw into a win, but it is what it is. A lot to be concerned about with that performance, but we got away with a point, which is more than I expected at half time. 

Is Szmodics had put us in the lead from the pen I think it would have been a different game. 

Still a good comeback. 

• Like 3

Good grief what an exciting last half hour that was! Hedges made a huge difference and must be said JRC was superb in midfield. Ennis looked decent. 

Would have taken 2-2 before we scored first goal but should have won. 

Must say that’s as poor a red card as I’ve seen since Bucko sent off for throwing the ball against Boro. 

Well done Szmodics after a stinker first half. Shows the resilience and mindset he has to come out and play like that second half. 

For once you’d say that our bench looks strong and has changes the game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

A lot to be concerned about with the two goals we conceded - Szmodics gifted them the first and set pieces are clearly going to be our achilles heel.

That said we absolutely put them to the sword in the second half. JRC has to play CM now for mine with Brittain at RB. I'd be looking for a RB in the transfer window - has that Colchester lad moved yet?