BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham (a) - 12/08/2023

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

What a joke of sending off.

Who made these rules up FFS

I'm listening to the Newcastle Utd. v. Aston Villa game and the crowd is absolutely incensed by some of the referee's decisions.

Pat. Nevin - co-commentator for Radio 5 at the game - answered your question, @OldEwoodBlue.

It's the International Football Association Board (IFAB) that come up with deciding what the Laws - "the rules" - of the game should be. And they've told member associations that they expect them to implement those rules. With very little room for interpretation.

And I read somewhere in the papers over the last week that Howard Webb, the new boss of English Referees, has said that IFAB won't leave him very much leeway and that a letter has been sent out telling Referees to implement the rules.

Not having been at our game, I can only guess that the Referee remembered that.

2 hours ago, booth said:

Got carded for "excessive celebration" then another card for saying something else to the ref after Carter challenged him.

Better late than never!

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

What a joke of sending off.

Who made these rules up FFS

I'm listening to the Newcastle Utd. v. Aston Villa game and the crowd is absolutely incensed by some of the referee's decisions.

Pat. Nevin - co-commentator for Radio 5 at the game - answered your question, @OldEwoodBlue.

It's the International Football Association Board (IFAB) that come up with deciding what the Laws - "the rules" - of the game should be. And they've told member associations that they expect them to implement those rules. With very little room for interpretation.

And I read somewhere in the papers over the last week that Howard Webb, the new boss of English Referees, has said that IFAB won't leave him very much leeway and that a letter has been sent out telling Referees to implement the rules.

2 hours ago, booth said:

Got carded for "excessive celebration" then another card for saying something else to the ref after Carter challenged him.

Better late than never!

4 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Better late than never!

2nd yellow was for flashing an imaginary card at the ref to get one of our lads booked, so the ref booked him instead. Looks like they're clamping down on that (not before time) , as a Newcastle player just got booked for same thing

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 4

Rotherham United 2-2 Blackburn Rovers | Championship highlights | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

Sorry; I can't help myself asking whether Sammie's set a new record by scoring two goals for one team and an "Assist" for the other team in a game which ended 2 - 2?!

🤔😆 

Edited by R0verb0y

3 minutes ago, doctorryan said:

Unless he(Jon) has a direct line there himself then using Mr Waggy is the best way to communicate with them. 

That's correct; but two things occur to me: i) would any employee of a company the size of Venky's expect a reply from the Chairman of the Board if he wrote to them about the way that part of the company he works for is operating? I think not.

At best, he'd be ignored; at worst, he'd be marked down as a troublemaker and lined up - if not immediately - for a P45.

ii) in this case, weren't we the main group to whom JDT wanted to communicate a message?

It’s a point more than we took from their joint last season - agree top entertainment with a few negative points. On the park Ennis showed skill, SD didn’t let his poor first half get him down , Pickering should have broken the net twice Gally should have as well with his header. The big negative for me are the complete fukwits who follow us away - outside and inside the ground we have some real turds following us

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

That's correct; but two things occur to me: i) would any employee of a company the size of Venky's expect a reply from the Chairman of the Board if he wrote to them about the way that part of the company he works for is operating? I think not.

At best, he'd be ignored; at worst, he'd be marked down as a troublemaker and lined up - if not immediately - for a P45.

ii) in this case, weren't we the main group to whom JDT wanted to communicate a message?

I wouldn't disagree with your point other than to say that JDT is arguably the employee with the highest public profile in their entire portfolio.

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s a point more than we took from their joint last season - agree top entertainment with a few negative points. On the park Ennis showed skill, SD didn’t let his poor first half get him down , Pickering should have broken the net twice Gally should have as well with his header. The big negative for me are the complete fukwits who follow us away - outside and inside the ground we have some real turds following us

I couldn't get there today due to work commitments - is this a general comment, or specific things today?