9 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

The call for people to take a stand needs to happen, 

There is two vehicles.

The Rovers trust or the EWMC group,

One needs to do this,  both be great but one is a start 

What’s the EWMC group?

I’m assuming it’s not the working men’s club but maybe it is 😁

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The @RoversTrust should be putting a press release out asap asking for the removal of the board.

Reading fans are far more passionate than us and that's a really sad state of affairs.

Agreed, the trust needs to call for the removal of maggot at the very least.

Venkys out RTID

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

What’s the EWMC group?

I’m assuming it’s not the working men’s club but maybe it is 😁

Yes it's a group of passionate supporters formed from a meeting called by the Action Group years ago. They meet regurlar , are passionate and have long called for the removal of Venkys.

I will speak to the Chair of the action group who are still active and hold the biggest membership base of none Internet groups,  I will also speak to the EWMC to see if they have the appetite to call a long overdue public meeting.

It's a start, but they will need people's support 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Agreed, the trust needs to call for the removal of maggot at the very least.

Venkys out RTID

Mike did say the other week that they were now looking to get a direct line in to India.

Now we can debate the merits/pointlessness of that aside from ‘when you fucking off?’ But it did speak volumes to the value of Swag’s input.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The @RoversTrust should be putting a press release out asap asking for the removal of the board.

Reading fans are far more passionate than us and that's a really sad state of affairs.

Only way I see protests is if we go down. We beat Huddersfield on Saturday and most will just brush this aside.

Nothing will happen IMO - If venkys leave it will be on their accord.

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Yes it's a group of passionate supporters formed from a meeting called by the Action Group years ago. They meet regurlar , are passionate and have long called for the removal of Venkys.

I will speak to the Chair of the action group who are still active and hold the biggest membership base of none Internet groups,  I will also speak to the EWMC to see if they have the appetite to call a long overdue public meeting.

It's a start, but they will need people's support 

The AG still has a large membership? I take it this is a dormant list as correct me if I’m wrong they’ve had no profile at all for a good while. Not a criticism, everything has quietened down since about 2017 - but it’s a big ask to suddenly expect hundreds (four figures?) of foot soldiers to suddenly re-appear on the scene.

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Generally speaking, the Rovers' fan base in an apathetic lot.

Over 50 years ago, there would be very aggressive and vocal protests in Nuttall Street outside the main entrance if fans weren't happy - the then directors hated it and certainly felt the pressure and more often than not reacted.

Even when Glen and co really went for it in the Kean era, they didn't get the support they needed as many either sat on their hands or buried their heads in the sand.

Sadly, too many embrace our owners, naively unaware of just what the feck is going on and the damage that has been done and is being done.

One can only hope the beginning of the end is at last underway.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The AG still has a large membership? I take it this is a dormant list as correct me if I’m wrong they’ve had no profile at all for a good while. Not a criticism, everything has quietened down since about 2017 - but it’s a big ask to suddenly expect hundreds (four figures?) of foot soldiers to suddenly re-appear on the scene.

I talk to Mark regularly,  they are still active and have already warned waggott that it's not a case of if, but more of when protest returns.

The appetite over the last few years of many aint been there. It don't mean they cease activities. 

I've been chairman of the Action Group and also the Secretary of the Rovers Trust,  the membership bases are somewhat different in terms of numbers .

I continue to support both entities and the EWMC and anyone really that will aid removing these shysters

I did say a while ago, people had gone underground and are working away on things , including applying pressure in India to get the truth from investigators there.

The thousands that won't go , remain the largest voice 

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

@Herbie6590 we should have a poll, who wants the court to say no ?

I hope they say no.

We can't waste more years on this shit.

They need backing into a corner with no way out.

I'd rather the court and the Indian govt grant them leeway to meet the commitments but tell them in no uncertain terms this can't continue indefinitely. Therefore advising that selling the club under the correct process is the only way forwards.

Or fund it correctly with whatever personal wealth they surely have stacked overseas in tax havens somewhere !

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

People who really cared about getting the owners out got fed up with all the happy clappers in the ground who do not care.

Apathy is the new regime, and soon the fan base will dwindle 

Read around social media again this morning as news of this spreads.

Our fans particularly the non local based ones are a lost cause i'm afraid.

• Like 3

Mike’s getting grief on Twitter for even publishing it. I imagine Jackson in the LT will get grief too if/when he does a story… feck freedom of information and expression! Protect our overlords!

You can understand how long held freedoms can be quickly taken off folk without much of a murmur.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

The amount of people I've seen blaming the fans has pissed me off. It's wilful ignorance at best and downright lies at worst. There's no way it's even remotely feasible for me that an average person cannot see who's truly to blame.

'Because fans don't turn up we've no money'

Seen that so many times it's beyond ridiculous now they seem to have no concept of the club they support or the town it's in. Ask them when we ever got crowds like many others do in this league and they'll say 'in the Prem they turn up'.

Absolutely no idea what it took to get crowds to those levels at this club and that was a unique period in recent history. They won't acknowledge that it was the arrival of this ownership and Kean and Anderson that lead to the vast drop off.

Won't acknowledge that the gates we get are standard for this club in this town at this level just cry because the likes of Ipswich and Norwich get more. It doesn't seem to register PNE get similar from season tickets 100 quid cheaper and they used to get less from a bigger place. And Dingles struggle to shift 18k home tickets regularly in the Prem !

Just don't understand the basic historical facts or acknowledge why people have major issues with the ownership because they are too young to know.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

'Because fans don't turn up we've no money'

Seen that so many times it's beyond ridiculous now they seem to have no concept of the club they support or the town it's in. Ask them when we ever got crowds like many others do in this league and they'll say 'in the Prem they turn up'.

Absolutely no idea what it took to get crowds to those levels at this club and that was a unique period in recent history. They won't acknowledge that it was the arrival of this ownership and Kean and Anderson that lead to the vast drop off.

Won't acknowledge that the gates we get are standard for this club in this town at this level just cry because the likes of Ipswich and Norwich get more. It doesn't seem to register PNE get similar from season tickets 100 quid cheaper and they used to get less from a bigger place. And Dingles struggle to shift 18k home tickets regularly in the Prem !

Just don't understand the basic historical facts or acknowledge why people have major issues with the ownership because they are too young to know.

Most football fans are clueless, always have been. Unfortunately they now have a very big loudspeaker called social media.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Mike’s getting grief on Twitter for even publishing it. I imagine Jackson in the LT will get grief too if/when he does a story… feck freedom of information and expression! Protect our overlords!

You can understand how long held freedoms can be quickly taken off folk without much of a murmur.

Stockholm syndrome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Waggott obviously knew about all this some time ago, hence the infamous interview about the new team bus in which he also bragged about things which seemed at the time as though they should be taken as read such as wages and tax bill having been paid. He also said as I recall something along the lines of "It's time for us to give the owners something back".

What the devious sack of shit didn't say was the reason why we were supposed to be grateful bills to date had been paid and the team could no longer fly to away games etc. There's certainly been no mention whatsoever of the potential for a winding up order prior to now.

Imo there is no guarantee an Indian Court will continue to authorise the tri monthly payments, the way I've read it is each and every item of expenditure has to be itemised and authorised from scratch on its own merits. However even if the payments were to be authorised for the foreseeable future and we could limp on for a while the situation isn't really sustainable in the long run as other Clubs will know we are desperate and we'll never be able to get decent money for any of our players.

Ipswich already seem to have sussed this out.

As per my previous post the precedent has now been set and that is what will be used for any future ruling unless any of the circumstances or facts regarding the investigation into VHPL change (in particular in relation to remittances made to VLL or BRFC).

As Glen has posted the cash flow problems at the time were well documented although denied by SW.

It’s worth noting that HMRC use the threat of winding up orders all the time as part  of their debt recovery process. It would seem that BRFC had an “arrangement to pay” in place on which they didn’t deliver. In this situation the full amount outstanding will usually then become due immediately. The fact here is no winding up order was made, in fact one was never even applied for through the courts let alone granted and the amount was settled in full. Whilst less than ideal this kind of thing goes on all the time.

I agree that going to court every few months is less than ideal and ultimately unsustainable in the long term (land very costly). However, this investigation and the associated restrictions from the Indian Authorities will at some point be concluded and come to an end.

Despite our feelings toward them I wouldn’t under estimate Venkys power, both financially and legally. 

Edited by Brian-Potter

47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

There has been very little criticism on Twitter apart from someone saying this is old news and they could not understand why it was released now.  It was not released because I am a lackey of the Club (I can assure you I am not) and it was not given to me to leak to deflect attention from the mess on the playing side.  It is purely factual information.

The ‘news’ is available openly and publicly, perhaps no one had spotted it.  The HMRC letter was dated April 2023 and the Court case was July 2023; this must have been a nightmare of a time for those at Ewood trying to balance the books.

I will explain the reason I put this out.  Firstly I believe the fan base should have a better knowledge of the Club’s financial predicament; if it was something told to me in confidence it would not have been released, as I said above it is in a public document.

Secondly the owners, whether fans like it or not, took the applications to the High Court at no doubt great expense.  They secured payments to Rovers and the HMRC, VAT, staff etc have all been paid.  Whether fans like it or not credit should be given to the owners for this.

The role of the Trust is to try and engage as a critical friend with the owners and their representatives whether they be the Venky’s, the Walker family or the Nolan sisters.  We will continue to try our very best to influence on behalf of our members.

We do not have secret meetings with the Club; if I or other Board members meet with the Club then the whole Trust Board are aware. Clearly we may receive confidential information from time to time - this will never be divulged by any Trust Board member.

• Like 1