BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Sounds good. Have you spoken to the sports editors and / or news editors of local media asking why they haven't used your stuff? It could be it's not quite what they're looking for, or maybe in the wrong format, or maybe they would prefer to contact the Trust when needed for comments on breaking news stories.

To that end the Trust needs to make itself the media's main contact point for the views of Rovers fans - this of course involves building relationships with individuals and time and effort by Trust members. An appointed Trust spokesman would also need to be comfortable talking to the media. 

Not if they're giving the owners credit for doing the absolute bare minimum. Actually it was less than the bare minimum because they paid the bill late.

That comment has really fucked me right off. Seriously considering whether the trust is something I can be a part of if that is the stance being taken by the people that run it.

Absolutely disgusting.

If the trust is really working towards securing the future of this club then their efforts should be 100% directed towards the removal of venkys and their stooges.

I await Mike Graham's retraction of that statement.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Reading this from my hotel in Singapore !

GMs comments seem to be constantly ignored, there has not been any winding up order issued it’s as simple as 1-2-3.

To date, despite what is uttered or written in here, no one has the gumption to properly organise a March of disdain/remove Waggot or venkys in fact some suggestions are imbecilic such as pitch invasions!

Those who think admin is the way forward think again! It isn’t an option.

The suggestion Rovers will have buyers is again living in cuckoo land. Venkys are ripe for a picking at this time and I believe IF there was a credible potential buyer out there there would be bids, reality is there is not!

Rovers are not under suspicion nor is the venky link to the club part of it, their issue are tax related issues to personal property purchases ie the purchase of a property and land through their business books NOT Rovers.

Those hoping for a court turnaround, a precedent is in place meaning unless the court sees a major issue nothing will change!

Looking forward to reading about organisational and positives in taking the protest forwards.

Complete and utter tosh as per usual from you.

Nobody can buy the club when it isn't for sale.

10 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

I wonder if then EFL are aware of the our potential lack of funding?

The owners signed off the annual accounts stating they'd meet future liabilities and that's all they'd be interested in.

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The owners signed off the annual accounts stating they'd meet future liabilities and that's all they'd be interested in.

But they can't guarantee that as they are at the mercy of an Indian judge every few months

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

But they can't guarantee that as they are at the mercy of an Indian judge every few months

They won't give a stuff about that the liabilities are being met even if it's late in their eyes Venkys are covering it and that's that.

This is why clubs go tits up because these lot only get involved when it's too late.

• Like 1

The HMRC letter is dated late April and was eventually paid but does anybody know if they had to apply to the courts for permission to transfer the money at that time to settle it? To my untrained eye something doesn't seem to be right with the dates as it seems the slashing of the budgets was sprung on the club in July and soon after we found out they would have to get permission to transfer and funds from the Indian courts. If they didn't have to get permission to pay the tax bill in April but paid only when threatened that sets even more alarm bells ringing for me.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The HMRC letter is dated late April and was eventually paid but does anybody know if they had to apply to the courts for permission to transfer the money at that time to settle it? To my untrained eye something doesn't seem to be right with the dates as it seems the slashing of the budgets was sprung on the club in July and soon after we found out they would have to get permission to transfer and funds from the Indian courts. If they didn't have to get permission to pay the tax bill in April but paid only when threatened that sets even more alarm bells ringing for me.

The timeline suggests we were already struggling to pay HMRC when we were looking to commit major (for us) funds to the O’Brien deal 🤔

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

IMG_2456.thumb.jpeg.1c90105be5c5a26fa7cde211fb3e783d.jpeg

the time is now I can feel it! 

I think the biggest difference between our situations is he won't pay, our owners "can't" pay because of the courts in another country. I doubt the EFL will want to get involved because there's nothing realistically then can do. Even if they did tell our owners to try their best to pay, they'd only respond "We are, tell that to the judge"

• Like 3

Just now, StubbsUK said:

I think the biggest difference between our situations is he won't pay, our owners "can't" pay because of the courts in another country. I doubt the EFL will want to get involved because there's nothing realistically then can do. Even if they did tell our owners to try their best to pay, they'd only respond "We are, tell that to the judge"

It will be interesting to see if they get involved if/when a judge says no.

22 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

The timeline suggests we were already struggling to pay HMRC when we were looking to commit major (for us) funds to the O’Brien deal 🤔

As Johnny Nash sang 'There are more questions than answers'.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’m not sure the sum borrowed was disclosed but other than that I think you’re right.

This in itself should be worrying each and every Rovers fan. Borrowing money in this way means we are both desperate and exhausted normal funding routes.

No doubt this is also prohibitively expensive so sucking more of our limited funds out of the club. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigUts said:

This in itself should be worrying each and every Rovers fan. Borrowing money in this way means we are both desperate and exhausted normal funding routes.

It also removes the safety net of "all the debt is to the owners so there is nothing to worry about". It makes the sale of a club less likely without administration as there now becomes debts which have to be repaid and can't be wiped off.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3