BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

39 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

There's rumor BAHRAIN royals or sovereign fund looking for football club ...Would they buy us ? Maybe our trust should start emailing potential owners ...we might strike lucky ... 

We put banners "PLASE SAVE US FROM VENKYs"

Very very good shout!!! @Mike Graham thoughts?

The ideal situation being the Trust are able to have a part ownership with them? 

Edited by RoversClitheroe

1 hour ago, Silas said:

Just to nip this in the bud, everyone is free to disagree with this statement as strongly as they want.

But please DO NOT make it personal or about the group as a whole. 

The reasons for this should be blindingly obvious. 

Well it's surely the committee as a whole that have signed it off?

Edited by Ben-2000

3 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Exactly, diabolical owners don't hang around  for 13 years , there is a reason why they still want the club .It is certainly not for the love of Blackburn Rovers !

Pride. Sometimes called arrogance.  Refusal to admit they got it wrong and make a big mistake. It’s a big thing among Indians, probably worse amongst its elite.

We’ve gone from the pending file to the bottom of the drawer. They’ll probably get the file out every year or so to see if their problem child has improved, then tuck it away again for another day

And so it goes on

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ben-2000 said:

Words fail me.

IMG_20240116_130552.png

Begs the questions of who are they and why do they think they can speak on behalf of all Rovers fans

ManU fans have been protesting about the Glazers for many years - as have fans of the owners of other clubs - so why shouldn't Rovers fans protest about ours?

Protests don't have to be confined to owners either. Failing managers should be targets too

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Begs the questions of who are they and why do they think they can speak on behalf of all Rovers fans

ManU fans have been protesting about the Glazers for many years - as have fans of the owners of other clubs - so why shouldn't Rovers fans protest about ours?

Protests don't have to be confined to owners either. Failing managers should be targets too

Yes, it’s a bit self important to issue a statement like that, and that is what annoys me more than the sentiment (which is basically cosying up to the club).

Everyone smile and cheer all the way to oblivion.

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Given that they are using the Intersectional pride flag, I would hazard a guess that they may view any protests against the Venkys as being racist

43 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

All I know is I speak for the CambridgeRovers supporters group (myself) and I hope Venkys rot in hell and sell the club 

The Whalley Branch endorses this message. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Pride. Sometimes called arrogance.  Refusal to admit they got it wrong and make a big mistake. It’s a big thing among Indians, probably worse amongst its elite.

We’ve gone from the pending file to the bottom of the drawer. They’ll probably get the file out every year or so to see if their problem child has improved, then tuck it away again for another day

And so it goes on

We've heard this about pride before, surely they have a ready made excuse now though. The big bad Indian government are preventing them investing in their beloved Blackburn Rovers, its not their fault 🥲

If they can try and apportion blame elsewhere surely they would, in an attempt to try and save face.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ben-2000 said:

Words fail me.

IMG_20240116_130552.png

This is a very strange and dangerous statement....if people start disagreeing with it then accusations of homaphobia could start getting banded about

Edited by levi
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

Given that they are using the Intersectional pride flag, I would hazard a guess that they may view any protests against the Venkys as being racist

Or that's the angle that will be spun.

Anyway i don't know why there's much fuss about it you can understand the 'lets be nice to everybody and get behind the lads bit' but it is spoiled delivered in the typical wokey way.

To be expected though and if we lose 3 nil on Saturday whoever wrote it might want to cover their ears.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

it`s a symptom of our ailing country as a whole that protests and disatisfaction are often met with cries of "racist" "homophobe" and "facist" which seems to be the angle of proud rovers,whoever they are

i don`t care if venkys are indian or from mars,they`re a bunch of c****s who need to be driven from our club

• Like 9

• Backroom
2 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

All I know is I speak for the CambridgeRovers supporters group (myself) and I hope Venkys rot in hell and sell the club 

Bet the Xmas parties get very out of hand. 

• Like 6

Forget all this rubbish above from a Supporters Group I’ve never heard of. They don’t speak for me or the majority of the fan base.

It’s time to protest and the Wrexham game; high profile given the opponents who incidentally have amazing owners who care about the club and the community it is part of; and also is on TV - all be it BBC Wales. Who knows, even Disney+ might be filming!

Who’s with me and what’s the plan?

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Forget all this rubbish above from a Supporters Group I’ve never heard of. They don’t speak for me or the majority of the fan base.

It’s time to protest and the Wrexham game; high profile given the opponents who incidentally have amazing owners who care about the club and the community it is part of; and also is on TV - all be it BBC Wales. Who knows, even Disney+ might be filming!

Most effective thing, given the match is on TV, would be if nobody turned up at the ground to watch.  Can't see this happening though.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

tennis balls on the pitch,charlton fans threw plastic toy pigs on theirs☺️,best way is a mass pitch invasion,but i don`t condone that🤐😉

• Like 1