BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Venkys are the majority shareholders so if the directors pulled the plug/attempted today they would be defenceless I think , unless the 4th director now prevents that motion

Also under FA and EFL rules there has to be a certain amount of directors 

In terms of voting rights it depends what's in their memorandum 

That’s where the attachment came from.

I’ve not read it all to get the finer details though.

• Like 1

Probably they will risk assess and plan for it as presumably they’ll have security protocols in place even for a few dozen folk marching down Bolton Road or a banner or two in the ground.

But believing that will somehow get us closer to ‘D-Day’ is stretching it just a tad.

Edited by Mattyblue

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Probably they will risk assess and plan for it as presumably they’ll have security protocols in place even for a few dozen folk marching down Bolton Road or a banner or two in the ground.

But believing that will somehow get us closer to ‘D-Day’ is stretching it just a tad.

If you create a cost the club can't cover and hasn't been accounted for in the latest application to courts, then bills won't be paid.

If it ain't paid threats of winding up orders can suddenly become more than threats.

It leaves V's two options. 

Admin and lose everything,  or sell.

I've been a director/shareholder of a company with a decent headcount that we had to put into administration due to not being able to pay creditors because we was owed £2.5 million by a large enterprise.

Be under no illusions,  any unsecured creditor can put you out of business if you aimt got the means to pay.

In addition as someone who has organised protests , you be extremely surprised how much planning goes into it from the council , club , police etc . Its not a case of,  chuck a few extra bodies on tonight.

Many of rovers games nowadays are without police presence due to cost

Edited by glen9mullan

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

If you create a cost the club can't cover and hasn't been accounted for in the latest application to courts, then bills won't be paid.

If it ain't paid threats of winding up orders can suddenly become more than threats.

It leaves V's two options. 

Admin and lose everything,  or sell.

I've been a director/shareholder of a company with a decent headcount that we had to put into administration due to not being able to pay creditors because we was owed £2.5 million by a large enterprise.

Be under no illusions,  any unsecured creditor can put you out of business if you aimt got the means to pay

If the debt isn’t secured against the company how do they do this?

I’m not doubting you, I’m genuinely curious as to the process.

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

If the debt isn’t secured against the company how do they do this?

I’m not doubting you, I’m genuinely curious as to the process.

If the debt is secured against something this can be better as at least they can claw off from the guarantee,

However if its unsecured the only option they have is the courts and winding up for non payment as their is no security to repossess 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Brought down not by an expose or tax or court cases or any other financial improprieties but by a few lads marching down Bolton Road - sounds good, I’ll be there.

It's throwing around discussion for debate  

You continually being pessimistic without putting forward an alternative is tiresome.

I believe you are in the Venkys out camp?

Thinking outside the box, might not be the game set and match , but everything evolves from suggestions 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Maybe Bilaji would be embarrassed (if he even remembers that football club his family randomly bought 13 years ago) by a protest in front of Deadpool’s team, but the type of fan that will make up the 3/4,000 or so braving a night match in January won’t be unfurling many banners.

Listen, I agree that in reality it’s unlikely anything will happen.

However, a simultaneous protest inside the ground during the game can be effective, as we’ve seen with other clubs recently.

It just seems that our fan base simply doesn’t have the will or unity to take action, so we carry on sleepwalking into further decline.

• Like 5

No Glen, Venky’s In, I can’t wait for the next 13 years.

Sorry you find me ‘tiresome’ for merely being realistic, the said past 13 years, and especially the last six of so post League 1 has made it pretty clear that the fanbase are not where you think it is re these owners, or perhaps want it to be. As martonrover has just alluded to the will is just not there and we will sleepwalk to the lower leagues.

Maybe I should find it ‘tiresome’ that folk keep talking about protests/total boycotts when the reality is that the fanbase (as a whole) isn’t interested. I don’t find it ‘tiresome’ by the way because I know it’s being said from a place of real passion and frustration, but you have to ‘get real’ to coin a phrase - there is no groundswell of revolt in the air to remove these owners from the fanbase. I wish there was.

So this talk of ‘revolts’ is pie in the sky stuff. Feel free to talk about it until the cows come home about how we could do this, that and the other. If there’s a protest I’ll be there, just like I went to them all a decade ago (with a small minority of the crowd). Difference being most fans knew these owners were wrong ‘uns back then, but looked the other way anyway. Now we have far fewer to start with and the ones that are left largely have no issue with them amyway - so where’s your groundswell to get protests off the ground?

So yes I’m bloody pessimistic, depressed and disillusioned by it all (add as many dejected related adjectives as you can here), as unfortunately we can’t sack the fans and bring in others more to our liking.

They’ll go when they want to go, or it’s taken off them by legal shenanigans in a far off land - it certainly won’t be because this fanbase will have been manning the barricades.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sounds great, but there won’t be any ‘revolt’ as far more fans have the mindset of that ‘Proud Rovers’ statement than that of those down at Reading currently.

Our fans more likely to attack protesters than the owners.

• Like 6

Just now, Ghost7 said:

I think there will be more empathy from the media this time around. 

Agreed the conditions are entirely different from the first time around

1) We were in the Premier League, not 18th in the Championship with the worst goals conceded record in the league

2) Venky’s had a lot of the fan base fooled (me included!) with blind optimism

3) We hadn’t recently loaned out our club captain to a team riding high for promotion to cut costs & got rid of the best GK in the league for a paltry price, swapped for a Pear & a Flapper!

My banner is made & en route. Who’s with me for the Wrexham game?

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

More empathy yes, but far less coverage as the public profile of BRFC has fallen off a cliff under this reign of terror.

The Reading protests were all over Sky Sports News so you’re talking nonsense

The Wrexham game is the ideal opportunity for an in-stadium protest, on TV & under the lights in a higher profile game than normal

• Like 3

Of course it’s not nonsense. There will obviously be ‘far less coverage’ (not no coverage) for us now than in 2011/12. Just the way it is as a middling second division side for a decade over being a long established Premier League side. But any coverage it did receive would be more empathetic than the disgraceful coverage we received back then.

Oh and the Reading protest saw the game get abandoned so obviously a big football story on the day. A few dozen folk marching down Livesey Branch or a few banners won’t get much media traction so not really an apt comparison.

Wrexham is an ideal opportunity for a protest you are quite right, but there will be no protest against Wrexham (well apart from your banner).

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Too many happy clappers thinking our level is bottom half of this division. The kind of mentality that is happy with getting less every year.

We must never surrender ourselves to servitude and shame 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course it’s not nonsense. There will obviously be ‘far less coverage’ (not no coverage) for us now than in 2011/12. Just the way it is as a middling second division side for a decade over being a long established Premier League side. But any coverage it did receive would be more empathetic than the disgraceful coverage we received back then.

Oh and the Reading protest saw the game get abandoned so obviously a big football story on the day. A few dozen folk marching down Livesey Branch or a few banners won’t get much media traction so not really an apt comparison.

Wrexham is an ideal opportunity for a protest you are quite right, but there will be no protest against Wrexham (well apart from your banner).

Got to start somewhere…

Positive action is always better than standing by and doing nothing.

Whether it will make any difference is another thing entirely with these cowboys currently at the helm….

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I can't disagree on the fanbase, however I've always been in the rather ",Try and fail" than not try at all.

Mass pitch invasion and sit-down protest during a match and bring it to a halt.

Guaranteed headlines across the world's media. Even India

Worth a try. 

• Like 9

‘Get off the pitch ya fucking Idiots! Booooo! Get off!’…

Is what you’d get from the vast majority of the crowd still in their seats. Unfortunately the ‘mass’ just aren’t where we are on brfcs.

Good luck to Duffer and his banner and any other things planned, but we are currently a long way away from where Reading’s fans are. Maybe that will change , there are positive signs that maybe a few more are waking up, but it’s still a small minority at the moment, but from small acorns and all that.

But of course you win a couple of games, they pay the next set of bills and it all gets buried under the carpet for another period of time.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy said:

We are quite fucked whichever way at the moment, unless something unexpected happens.

But...but you said this situation with the Courts was a temporary blip which would be resolved shortly before the end of the summer transfer window.

1 hour ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

IMG_5666.jpeg

I like that, if someone wants to knock up a T shirt or sweat shirt with that logo on I'd certainly purchase.

Edit: Maybe add a "Broughton" as well.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Get off the pitch ya fucking Idiots! Booooo! Get off!’…

Is what you’d get from the vast majority of the crowd still in their seats. Unfortunately the ‘mass’ just aren’t where we are on brfcs.

"I paid good money to watch that game and some fools ruined it. And in front of the TV cameras!"

• Like 2