BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5000th game !!

7 minutes ago, bazza said:

Ah! Chris Sulley is my  Duncan Mackenzie. Of course, DM has grey hair now.

Still don't know the two to Swag's left. Can anyone give the names of all from left to right?

The person on Swags left is Rick Parry, the chairman of the EFL. 

• Like 1

Right! I shall try the lot (heads) from left to right (of the viewer of course):-

Chris Sulley, Rudy Gestede, John Byrom, Chris Samba, Gordon Taylor, Swag, Paul Round, Rick Parry, Colin Hendry, no idea, Marlon Broomes, Tony Parkes, Kevin Gallacher, Malcolm Darling, Stuart Ripley, Bryan Douglas.

8 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Well if that's Stuart Ripley standing next to Brian Douglas... He hasn't aged well at all. He looks older than Douglas!!! 

Ripley is 55 years old right now. Plus I don't think he'd dress like as portrayed in the photo. 

Can't be right surely? 

It's Chris Sims, who played for Rovers in the early sixties who was a reserve full-back in the early sixties.  Made 13 League appearances but a regular for the reserves in the Central League.  Great to see players like Sims, Johnny Byrom, Bryan Douglas and Malcolm Darling on Ewood again - players of my youth. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, bazza said:

Right! I shall try the lot (heads) from left to right (of the viewer of course):-

Chris Sulley, Rudy Gestede, John Byrom, Chris Samba, Gordon Taylor, Swag, Paul Round, Rick Parry, Colin Hendry, no idea, Marlon Broomes, Tony Parkes, Kevin Gallacher, Malcolm Darling, Stuart Ripley, Bryan Douglas.

After Hendry is Rob Coar, former chairman

11 hours ago, bazza said:

2 hours ago, hollowsr said:

After Hendry is Rob Coar, former chairman

IMG_3943.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Well done to all for putting names to faces. I thought it a little sad that the Premier League winning squad for so poorly represented. 

4 hours ago, doctorryan said:

.......or the League Cup winners for that matter.  

If the upper management of the club were not the laziest and most incompetent bunch of fuckwits around, I'm sure that some proper legends would have been in attendance and the day would have been a big celebration.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, bazza said:

I wish Eamonn Rogers had been there. He could have been but he has rejected football since he retired from the game.

One of my favourites.

My wife has a habit of listening to RTE.

A few years ago, they were saying how they couldn't trace Eamonn for a reunion of players, who had represented Republic of Ireland.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, renrag said:

Blackburn born Roy Isherwood is a few months older than Bryan. He was a decent right winger who played around 50 games for Rovers. Unfortunately, he had the impossible task of competing with the maestro, otherwise he would probably have had a decent and long career at Ewood

Edit. Many fans (including me), felt we could well have lifted the cup in 1960, if Isherwood had been selected at outside right and Bimpson at centre forward

Eddie Thomas was the 12th man for the final so the logical move would have been to bring him in. Move Bimpson to centre forward, Dougie back to the right wing and putting Eddie in the inside left position.

• Like 1

Derek Dougan was, of course, a far better player at CF than any others mentioned. So it was obvious to pick him. Little did anyone at Rovers realise that he was carrying an injury and had posted his transfer request that morning.

I remember Isherwood playing mainly at inside forward. Far better than Eddie Thomas IMO.

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

A few years ago, they were saying how they couldn't trace Eamonn for a reunion of players, who had represented Republic of Ireland.

Good job they couldn't trace him. He'd have given them "what for" and told them where to go. He lives near me but I rarely see him. I think he isn't in the best of health.