BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said previously he isn't playing cos of Tronstad form and tha fact he can't the role he wants. Simple as. He asked twice to move on

I posted last night saying I wouldn't be changing formation, tactics and style of play. It's the best way for us to play and don't forget that before recent games we won 6 games in 8 games

Nope. Nothing to do with the owners. Only interested in GB and jDT's comments 

so tronstadt form ... look at results this  style aint working

style  best way to play..... it aint working 

wasnt on about owners, i was on about your  willy wonka  posting of only positivty on the new baby in town, are you an umpa lumpa?  🙂 

4 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

BBC quotes

Tomasson added: "He's one of the more expensive boys in our group, so [the move] will free some space up in the financial department to get some players in as well."

yup and still the facebook and certain ones on here see no wrong in the puneatics....reet ive work to do before this all wonderful digital day extrevaganza

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

so tronstadt form ... look at results this  style aint working

Look at Tronstad performances each game? Very good

style  best way to play..... it aint working 

Like I said suits our key players. Simple as. 

wasnt on about owners, i was on about your  willy wonka  posting of only positivty on the new baby in town, are you an umpa lumpa?  🙂 

I posted JDT'S comments on our new signing and where he sees him playing for us. Is that positivty these days? 🤔

Travis needed to be shipped out regardless of experience in the squad.

He isn't playing

He's not good enough

He's regressed

He slows everything down everything when he plays

Constantly drifts over to the right and out of position .

He's soft and a shite captain

Pantomine villain springs to mind 

Writing was on wall last season 

We are on a bad run. But travis is not the answer to stop that.

• Like 5

He’s slipped down the pecking order, that’s football. So did Scott Wharton earlier in the season, should he have been shipped out too?

Of course not, just like Buckley shouldn’t have been, it’s a squad game and there’s 50+ matches for an injury prone, small squad to navigate. He’s still had plenty of minutes.

But what’s good for the team and ergo results is way down the list of priorities at this club.

• Like 4

I've calmed down a bit since yesterday on the Travis departure, now we have a few more of the facts.

Its seems like JDT has sanctioned the move unlike the Buckley debacle and Travis wants out to play regular football and nothing wrong with that.

Broughton has a very good record spotting players in my opinion, lets hope the 2 new lads are as good and help maintain our Championship status. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

Fortunately Tronstad has shown to be fairly robust in his first season but knowing our luck will now be ruled out for the season on the 1st Feb.

Have the club stated they will replace Travis or is it just accepted that Garrett got a promotion and some other midfielder from the reserves is 3rd in line?

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

If we were in the bottom 3 by the 16th of march looking at the fixtures.

I just don't think we will get dragged into it despite the horrible run recently we had won 6 in 8 pre this horrible run .When we get the players back and hopefully a signing or two that contribute then be mid table.

I think it's a real shame JRC and Dolan picked up the injuries when they did.Dolan can be shocking at times but when he does hit a bit of form we and he was playing as the 9 we looked a better side for it

Il be honest last couple of games I thought Telalovic looked neat and tidy ,if he could get into more dangerous positions he might be decent second half of season and Sigurrdson hopefully can notch a few more,Gally isn't great but stats say we win more when he plays

Although I agree JDT could be more flexible tactically and he needs to be a bit more defensive some games his tactics have been let down by shocking finishing and not burying teams when creating enough chances to win 5 matches , certainly earlier in the season. 

Thank you for such a considered and detailed reply 👍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s slipped down the pecking order, that’s football. So did Scott Wharton earlier in the season, should he have been shipped out too?

Of course not, just like Buckley shouldn’t have been, it’s a squad game and there’s 50+ matches for an injury prone, small squad to navigate. He’s still had plenty of minutes.

But what’s good for the team and ergo results is way down the list of priorities at this club.

Exactly!

Unfortunately the owners are clear..

Tomasson added: "He's one of the more expensive boys in our group, so [the move] will free some space up in the financial department to get some players in as well

Whilst I'll wait to see what these two new kids are like, I must say that it's a very uninspiring start to the transfer window.  We lose an experienced Championship player to a team well set to get a play-off place, at the very least, whilst we bring in a couple of kids who are unlikely to start games once players return to fitness.

It's utterly depressing that we have become a development club - seemingly for other club's players as well as our own - rather than one looking to challenge for a play-off place.  Mid-table at best this season I fear but could easily get dragged into something worse if results don't improve.

JDT continues to say he wants experienced players bringing in and yet again he is given two youngsters to develop instead.  Two youngsters who will return to their own clubs in the summer and in the meantime block to development of our own youngsters.

It seems the manager wants one thing and the director of football delivers the complete opposite. 

At the end of the day the only style that matters in football is a winning style.  Fourteen League defeats already would suggest whatever our style is it certainly isn't delivering wins on a regular basis.  JDT knows that to win games you needs experienced players which is why he keeps going on about it at every opportunity.  It's a pity that nobody seems to be listening to him.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

BBC quotes

Tomasson added: "He's one of the more expensive boys in our group, so [the move] will free some space up in the financial department to get some players in as well."

This makes sense - why take up wages on a player not even playing - when you can get in two players for the price of one. Personally I would be playing Travis - but if JDT doesn't rate him - then why keep him on the books. The big question is the quality of the players being brought in with the freed up wages.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Szmodics was dreadful in the first half of last season, if he'd have performed a bit better we'd have made the play offs.

Conversely I thought Hyam was really poor in the second half of last season and seemingly hasn't been good this season.

I haven't seen much of Tronstad this season as Waggott has temporarily finished me off attending in person but from what I've seen on TV he's a bit of a nothing player, the stats also say no goals no assists and we're in 17th so it doesn't strike me he's pulling up any trees.

Tronstad is streets ahead of anyone in this team currently, along with Szmodics.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

How many would he have started if we had Tronstadt then? It's simple. Travis wants to play in a position in which we have a far better player. He wants first team football so has asked for a move - twice. If I was a manager at any football club I wouldn't want an unhappy player particularly one who is the captain and a strong character in the changing room. I'm pretty certain that if those circumstances prevailed at any football club then the result would be the same. 

My issue is not selling him and being able to use the money to replace him. And the answer to this conundrum lies several thousand miles away. They are, once again the real villains of the piece.

I was merely pointing out those stats suggest he isn’t mediocre.

I presume he would have started around as many games (in midfield) last season as he has this (ie to cover the time it took Tronstad to get ‘acclimatised’ to the English game).

In terms of his requests for moves/ his unhappiness, we’ve only heard JDTs version of this - and to be fair to him I don’t think he’s made any comment suggesting  LT has been a disruptive influence because of this.

I’m also perplexed by the fact we’ve only loaned him but comfort myself with the fact we’d probably not have reinvested the sale funds anyway.

I think there are probably only two reasons we have only loaned him:

1. No one was/is willing to meet our valuation

2. The club our hedging their bets that our next coach will want LT in their team.

The blame for everything at the club is always because of our owners but that doesn’t mean others don’t shoulder some of the responsibility as well.

In this case maybe it’s JDT or maybe it’s LT - in all likelihood it’s probably a bit of both.

If you aren’t watching how can you judge a player especially when its a defensive midfielder and his judgement is based on ‘goals and assists’ - his whole game is based on breaking up the play and moving the ball.

Ridiculous take from Rev that, he’s been excellent.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Remember when people were clamouring for JRC to get shipped out.

Oh how we need him now.

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

"It's not official yet but he is going away," Tomasson said. "Trav came to the club in the summer and said that he wanted to go away.

"He didn't succeed in the summer and then he came back in October and said he wanted to go away. The reason are that he wanted to play every week in position six, defensive midfield.

"When a player wants to go away like that, that's the dynamic of football. He now has the opportunity to play at another club for a couple of months. "

From LT JDT interview 

That’s JDTs evidence, for us it’s just hearsay.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I was merely pointing out those stats suggest he isn’t mediocre.

I presume he would have started around as many games (in midfield) last season as he has this (ie to cover the time it took Tronstad to get ‘acclimatised’ to the English game).

In terms of his requests for moves/ his unhappiness, we’ve only heard JDTs version of this - and to be fair to him I don’t think he’s made any comment suggesting  LT has been a disruptive influence because of this.

I’m also perplexed by the fact we’ve only loaned him but comfort myself with the fact we’d probably not have reinvested the sale funds anyway.

I think there are probably only two reasons we have only loaned him:

1. No one was/is willing to meet our valuation

2. The club our hedging their bets that our next coach will want LT in their team.

The blame for everything at the club is always because of our owners but that doesn’t mean others don’t shoulder some of the responsibility as well.

In this case maybe it’s JDT or maybe it’s LT - in all likelihood it’s probably a bit of both.

The overriding factor in all this for me was that Travis wanted to move. He knew he couldn't displace Tronstadt and wants to play. I understand that and don't blame him at all but equally I don't blame Tomasson. It suits both parties. Good luck to him, I hope he gets a medal if Ipswich get promoted but first he has to get in the team ahead of Morsy of Luongo.

• Like 1