BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

45 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Didn't happen so it means nothing.

Just because we need them doesn't mean we will get them.

I will be amazed if we get 4-5 players in with nobody going the other way.

Let's see in 10 days time. 

39 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Unfortunately the same clowns who couldn't get those deals done are still in situ.

Undav changed his mind. Can't fault us for that. O'Brien we discussed to death no need to do so again

33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Why don't you see if you can set up a meeting for yourself with Waggott and Broughton so that you can share your thoughts and plans.

Think they got enough to do before the deadline without meeting me

31 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Because we have no money, the wage budget is maxed out (or so we are told), we are notoriously slow/poor at getting deals over the line, the window is only open for a few more days, January is historically a poor window to do business.

Did I miss anything?

Explained last night how we could spend in this window. Did you miss that? 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Let's see in 10 days time. 

Undav changed his mind. Can't fault us for that. O'Brien we discussed to death no need to do so again

Think they got enough to do before the deadline without meeting me

Explained last night how we could spend in this window. Did you miss that? 

I did, please explain.

1 hour ago, Theaxe15 said:

I’d imagine it will be Brittain LB and JRC RB till one of those two is the next to get injured, again.

Personally I think I'd stick with three at the back and play Garrett at left wing back. don't think Brittain at left back works. 

Pears

Hyam    S Wharton  Chisene

JRC      Tronstad    A Wharton    Garrett 

Szmodics

Gallagher   Sigurdsson

That said given JDT's comments about overloads etc I wouldnt be that surprised to see JRC play RCB and Brittain at RWB?

Edited by joey_big_nose

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I would definitely be interested in seeing a side by side comparison of PNEs vs Rovers accounts over last 5 years. Similar size fanbase, similar yo yoing around mid table.

Would be fascinating to see how they have managed the cost vs revenue gap compared to us? 

-Did they pay players less

-Did they get more revenue

-Did they have other vehicles to manage the losses

-etc

Is that something @canadaroveror @wilsdenrover could do?

Huddersfield might be another similar club worth comparing to? 

Basically we all want to get rid if Venkys so understanding how it could work is very important.

This isn’t something I feel I have the knowledge to really help with.

I have taken a quick look at both club’s set of accounts for the period ending 30 March 2022 and what does stand out to me is:

Our turnover was higher (£16.6 million vs 12.4 million)

The overall staff costs were very similar (us £24.4m, them £23.9m)

Our ‘other operating expenses’ were considerably higher (£9.9m vs £4.2m)

We had player trading of + £6m, PNE’s was only +£300,000.

PNE’s owner’s issued a further £14.4m of shares - I can’t find our figure but I seem to recall it was in a similar ballpark.

PNE offset £3.3 million of their losses by way of reducing the overall tax payable by their owner’s other companies (I think @Mashed Potatoes pointed this out yesterday).

I afraid I can’t help anymore than that!

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wilsdenrover said:

This isn’t something I feel I have to knowledge to really help with.

I have taken a quick look at both club’s set of accounts for the period ending 30 March 2022 and what does stand out to me is:

Our turnover was higher (£16.6 million vs 12.4 million)

The overall staff costs were very similar (us £24.4m, them £23.9m)

Our ‘other operating expenses were considerably higher (£9.9m vs £4.2m)

We had player trading of + £6m, PNE’s was only +£300,000.

PNE’s owner’s issued a further £14.4m of shares - I can’t find our figure but I seem to recall it was in a similar ballpark.

PNE offset £3.3 million of their losses by way of reducing the overall tax payable by their owner’s other companies (I think @Mashed Potatoes pointed this out yesterday).

I afraid I can’t help anymore than that!

Thanks for this!

I wonder why we have higher "other operating expenses"?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Thanks for this!

I wonder why we have higher "other operating expenses"?

I wondered that too.

I don’t know if the information is there and I just don’t know how to find it or whether those details don’t need disclosing.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can let us know…

9 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I wondered that too.

I don’t know if the information is there and I just don’t know how to find it or whether those details don’t need disclosing.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can let us know…

The cost of the academy is a large part of that, they don’t have one

• Like 2

Could other operating expenses include the amounts we pay for Brockhall?

It tends to include items like maintenance, rent, utilities etc. We'd be hard pressed to spend ~£6m more than PNE on items like that though. A strange anomaly there. Without looking at the accounts I think directors' salaries are listed separately, and so it can't be that.

Just seen GWhite's post above. Makes sense.

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Personally I think I'd stick with three at the back and play Garrett at left wing back. don't think Brittain at left back works. 

Pears

Hyam    S Wharton  Chisene

JRC      Tronstad    A Wharton    Garrett 

Szmodics

Gallagher   Sigurdsson

That said given JDT's comments about overloads etc I wouldnt be that surprised to see JRC play RCB and Brittain at RWB?

I would drop the 3 at the back cos Hyam as the right centre back didn't work and Scott Wharton was uncomfortable as the centre of the back 3. I think you would be better with JRC in the back 3 cos of his ability to move forward and overlapped the right back similar to how Wilder did it at Sheff Utd. 

I would go back to playing 4-2-3-1 personally myself as I think it suits our best players and we created more chances

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A regular source for random rumours posted without any context unfortunately.

Bloody hell lol, you want there NI number, Tax code, email address and phone number?

https://twitter.com/HowardRV7/status/1749401157728887000?t=sgBHCKiT8Kj-M3DdQJhPlA&s=19

Usually quite reliable on these things.

Edited by RoversClitheroe

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Bloody hell lol, you want there NI number, Tax code, email address and phone number?

https://twitter.com/HowardRV7/status/1749401157728887000?t=sgBHCKiT8Kj-M3DdQJhPlA&s=19

How can you be hearing anything when they are only going for scans today or tomorrow?

what is he reliable on? what has he got right in the past 12 months

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

That account is in no way reliable can you point me toward the stuff they got right?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes you can. I've done this to death regarding Undav, including yesterday. I'm not prepared to go through it again.

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I just think you repeatedly posting totally context-less posts like the above as fact is not very useful, especially in this instance where there is a direct source where at least we can decide for ourselves if it is likely to be accurate.

That is that twitter account that reads exactly like how Mercer speaks, but he claimed it wasn't him.

Either way, big mound of salt needed when they are only being scanned today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yes you can. I've done this to death regarding Undav, including yesterday. I'm not prepared to go through it again.

No you couldn't. De Zebri was happy for him to stay. Playing some PL football. Rovers did they best. 

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He's usually right on injuries in the past.

Like which ones? Examples? 

9 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

a new link. not sure on the source like, but it's an actual incoming transfer rumour in the transfer thread!!

https://twitter.com/Santi_J_FM/status/1749413250733601203?t=nfJdJw85ne4JvOh-HELpoA&s=19

EDIT: Vicky Kiankaulua, plays in Belgium. Winger/forward. 22.

You know the club is scraping the barrel when they can only afford to buy a bloke called Vicky. 

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1