BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We should do that but the owners are tbe ones that never allow any proceeds to be available! We made quite a bit in the summer and spent less than a fifth. We sold Armstrong and didnt spent the money. We sold Rhodes, Cairney, Gestede, nothing. They wouldnt even let us sell Brereton and Rothwell to do that. So again, who is to blame?

What has any of the above got to do with the situation now?  For all we know Mowbray may not have wanted an Armstrong replacement as he had this weird obssession with wide forwards and we already had £12m worth of strikers in BBD and Gallagher at the Club anyway

You know the situation with Brereton and Rothwell, calculated gambles to make the playoffs which didn't quite come off. At that point the owners probably didnt know the current restrictions were imminent and had Waggott and Mowbray tied them Lenihan and Nyambe down to long term deals the situation would never have arisen in the first place.

The current restrictions had already hit by this  summer so  seemingly some funding from the outgoings was needed for running costs. Despite that GB was allowed to spend the net proceeds on Wahlstedt Telalovic Hill and Moran and imo spent that money exceptionally poorly and that was after already spaffing money away on Ennis who isn't even fit enough to play.

It's not GB's fault the "budget" is what it is but he's going to have to up his game considerably if we're not to drop like a stone.

47 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That sounds very far fetched. Why would he not want to go to Newcastle? I could see him being a bit wary about Palace but that would be as good a move as he could wish to make at this stage.

Because he absolutely loves Rovers.

Just now, booth said:

Because he absolutely loves Rovers.

I've heard that from everyone who knows the family, Scott too.

You'd think though that just at the moment any player would be looking for an excuse to get out of Dodge and realistically a move to Newcastle is as good as he's going to get without any Premier League experience.

Be a bit galling if he ends up at Palace. That's not a very ambitious move at all.

Just now, roverandout said:

So did duff but he still went to Chelsea 

Not the same. And I didn't say he wouldn't go. I said he didn't want to go.

The sad thing is he's been given a shove from his superiors, and not for the first time.

Crystal Palace have bid for Blackburn midfielder Adam Wharton.

The South London Press understands the Eagles have submitted a £15million permanent offer for the 19-year-old.

More to follow…

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What has any of the above got to do with the situation now?  For all we know Mowbray may not have wanted an Armstrong replacement as he had this weird obssession with wide forwards and we already had £12m worth of strikers in BBD and Gallagher at the Club anyway

You know the situation with Brereton and Rothwell, calculated gambles to make the playoffs which didn't quite come off. At that point the owners probably didnt know the current restrictions were imminent and had Waggott and Mowbray tied them Lenihan and Nyambe down to long term deals the situation would never have arisen in the first place.

The current restrictions had already hit by this  summer so  seemingly some funding from the outgoings was needed for running costs. Despite that GB was allowed to spend the net proceeds on Wahlstedt Telalovic Hill and Moran and imo spent that money exceptionally poorly and that was after already spaffing money away on Ennis who isn't even fit enough to play.

It's not GB's fault the "budget" is what it is but he's going to have to up his game considerably if we're not to drop like a stone.

Again fixating on others. He did want an Armstrong replacement, he kept moaning about it all summer. And even if its a continuation of your weird theory that it was just Mowbray being a dick, why not retain the money and give it to Tomasson upon his appointment? Different manager when Rhodes was sold and when Gestede was sold, money not made available. Even if you discount occasions when the owners overuled and decided to reject substantial opportunities to reinvest into the squad, leaving ramifications both short and long term that have led to a squad that is full of kids. As if we are in a position to take a £12m gamble.

This summer we barely spent anything. Cheap loans, a nominal fee and 800k. With a further restriction where we cant sign a player over a certain age. 

It is unequivocally clear that over a lengthy period of time that funds have simply not been available from the owners (directly or even via potential sales) to invest in the team. And now you are blaming the DOF for not magically creating a budget himself. Even for you, incredible.

• Like 2

Just now, Polky said:

Crystal Palace have bid for Blackburn midfielder Adam Wharton.

The South London Press understands the Eagles have submitted a £15million permanent offer for the 19-year-old.

More to follow…

Surely we won't even consider an amount as low as that.

I think there will be better opportunities for Wharton.

I'd turn round and say 'I've a new long term contract and going nowhere unless it suits me'.

What a feckin state we are in when seemingly we are hawking our prize asset(s).

No doubt in my mind, the mess we are in is all down to 14 years of gross mismanagement.

We need putting out of our misery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Again fixating on others. He did want an Armstrong replacement, he kept moaning about it all summer. And even if its a continuation of your weird theory that it was just Mowbray being a dick, why not retain the money and give it to Tomasson upon his appointment? Different manager when Rhodes was sold and when Gestede was sold, money not made available. Even if you discount occasions when the owners overuled and decided to reject substantial opportunities to reinvest into the squad, leaving ramifications both short and long term that have led to a squad that is full of kids. As if we are in a position to take a £12m gamble.

This summer we barely spent anything. Cheap loans, a nominal fee and 800k. With a further restriction where we cant sign a player over a certain age. 

It is unequivocally clear that over a lengthy period of time that funds have simply not been available from the owners (directly or even via potential sales) to invest in the team. And now you are blaming the DOF for not magically creating a budget himself. Even for you, incredible.

Are you forgetting about the part whereby the Indian Court have apparently said no net funding is to be allowed for transfers?

Therefore if we're to spend any money on transfers whilst restrictions are still in place Broughton will HAVE to wheel and deal, that part isnt his fault, it's the owners fault, but unfortunately it's the situation we find ourselves in. 

Holy Cow Batman, it's like trying to beat your head against a brick wall.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Are you forgetting about the part whereby the Indian Court have apparently said no net funding is to be allowed for transfers?

Therefore if we're to spend any money on transfers whilst restrictions are still in place Broughton will HAVE to wheel and deal, that part isnt his fault, it's the owners fault, but unfortunately it's the situation we find ourselves in. 

Holy Cow Batman, it's like trying to beat your head against a brick wall.

Ive not doubted that. My points are:

- Venkys have history of repeatedly either allowing none or only a small slither of sales proceeds to be reinvested.

- Venkys do not allow full autonomy over sales. They have rejected bids above the head of and at times against the wishes of those in charge of transfers.

- We have wheeled and dealed this very season under these restrictions. We are still skint.

- We barely have anyone to sell after year after year of minimal funding in the playing squad.

So even if he does try to wheel and deal, it likely wont lead to being able to spend money.

I've heard that from everyone who knows the family, Scott too.

You'd think though that just at the moment any player would be looking for an excuse to get out of Dodge and realistically a move to Newcastle is as good as he's going to get without any Premier League experience.

Be a bit galling if he ends up at Palace. That's not a very ambitious move at all.

Yes his family go to the games. I was sat next to their Grandma's early on last season. They seemed very nice, very proud and down to Earth. His family live locally so there's plenty of people that know them, and have known them before Adam and Scott got into the first team. And when they were both children.

Just a shame club officials are pressuring a young lad who is happy where he is. In normal circumstances he'd have a chance to develop and chase promotion with us.

Speaking of which, back when he "allegedly" said he didn't want to leave, promotion was the aim. But that's gone now.

I can't see it being Palace though.

• Like 3

No one wants to see young Wharton go, if a valuation is met then it would answer many of the questions we have asked for so long. Will the money be reinvested, will we be going for more experienced players, Is the recruitment department good enough, Are our management competent with the funds, Is the DOF and coach the best way to go. Will the sale effect how much venkys can put in and so on.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

No, it's a rolling three-year limit. So moving it from one window to another would take one window off from 3 years before or, if they're thinking of the future, mean that they have better balance for two windows three years down the line. 

It’s a rolling 3 year accounting period …

IMG_1487.thumb.jpeg.87d7a37a020d5d455d637294c8d2bea9.jpeg

Edited by wilsdenrover

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ive not doubted that. My points are:

- Venkys have history of repeatedly either allowing none or only a small slither of sales proceeds to be reinvested.

- Venkys do not allow full autonomy over sales. They have rejected bids above the head of and at times against the wishes of those in charge of transfers.

- We have wheeled and dealed this very season under these restrictions. We are still skint.

- We barely have anyone to sell after year after year of minimal funding in the playing squad.

So even if he does try to wheel and deal, it likely wont lead to being able to spend money.

So you don't think Travis, Buckley, Pears, Pickering, Hyam, Scott Wharton, Carter, Brittain, Garrett, Tronstadt, Sigurdsson, Hedges, Gallagher Vale Markandy or Leonard would raise any funds if they left?

I'd be disappointed if Scott Wharton left and I think Garrett has a lot of potential, Leonard to a lesser degree. The others I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over.

The only two we really need to keep are Szmodics and Adam Wharton who ironically will probably be the first ones to go.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

5 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Interestingly, I've just noticed that Bobby Mimms is actively looking for work on his LinkedIn. States "Open to new opportunities". Even at 60, surely he's still got a hell of a lot to offer our goalkeeping dept?

Not that I expect anything like like that to even cross the minds of the cockwombles in charge at Ewood.

He wouldn't be teaching them how to suicidally pass it around with the defence, so I doubt his services would be desired here.

• Like 2

So you don't think Travis, Buckley, Pears, Pickering, Hyam, Scott Wharton, Carter, Brittain, Garrett, Tronstadt, Sigurdsson, Gallagher Vale Markandy or Leonard would raise any funds if they left?

I'd be disappointed if Scott Wharton left and I think Garrett has a lot of potential, Leonard to a lesser degree. The others I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over.

The only two we really need to keep are Szmodics and Adam Wharton who ironically will probably be the first ones to go.

I'd be surprised if Carter isn't being touted too.

I'm also surprised Gallagher hasn't already gone if anyone's interested, just to get him off the wage bill.