BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

on adam wharton,15 million is a fair price but he can do better than crystal palace,every chance he could find himself back in the championship in the next few seasons,he`s probably better off staying here and waiting for a big club to bite,if you want to be a 16th place  basher for the rest of your career then palace is the place to go

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

on adam wharton,15 million is a fair price but he can do better than crystal palace,every chance he could find himself back in the championship in the next few seasons,he`s probably better off staying here and waiting for a big club to bite,if you want to be a 16th place  basher for the rest of your career then palace is the place to go

I don't think we should sell Adam now. However...

I disagree with Palace being a bad move for him. He would play for them, potentially even this season due to their injury problems. Would he do that at a big side?

Also, selling to Palace might be beneficial to Rovers if we get a sell on clause, because Palace could just be a stepping stone for Adam, rather than an end goal destination.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, jones_rover said:

I don't think we should sell Adam now. However...

I disagree with Palace being a bad move for him. He would play for them, potentially even this season due to their injury problems. Would he do that at a big side?

Also, selling to Palace might be beneficial to Rovers if we get a sell on clause, because Palace could just be a stepping stone for Adam, rather than an end goal destination.

he might start regularly but he`s never going to win anything,never going to play european football and if palace have one bad summer in the transfer market will be fighting a relegation battle,especially if eze and olise get sold in the summer,i should have put better club rather than bigger tbh,it would be a bad move for him

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Not for the first time a buying club could have been asked to keep their bid quiet for a period of time

Surely, it’s in a potential buying club’s interests to keep any bid quiet, for fear of others making an offer.

You could argue it’s in the selling club’s interest to leak a bid, to try and start an auction.

On the flip side, however, if the player’s present club wants to sell, it risks annoying the club that has bid.

What about this Palace....give us £20m upfront for Wharton

Think Rak-Sakyi struggling with hamstring injuries...but would be an good signing if he overcomes that.....think we would do better with Sakyi on a permanent deal included in the package.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What a dreadful deal that would be from our point of view. If he went ought to be minimum £20m plus very substantial add ons.

As for a player coming in temporarily on loan for a few games, who cares? Doesn't help us next season.

Edit: Looks like the player in question has never scored a goal above League 1 level either. Much like Hirst before he came here.

I can’t see it ever getting to 20 million. Tottentham and Newcastle are not going to pay 20 million+.The loan player can help us this season. And is very very highly rated. 

11 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

£20m and they can have Garrett. Double it and they can have Adam with a loan-back for the season.

Yes buy I would have £20m cash upfront including Rak-Sakyi in a permanent deal. Don't think he wants to leave.

Edited by neophox

“It’s been quick because I thought it would be a lot longer than what it was, but I’ve enjoyed my time and I’m happy to be over it,” he said to RoversTV when reflecting on his absence.

Dolan seems to be refreshed after his injury and ready!

56 minutes ago, booth said:

If Palace are offering Sakyi on loan, plus £18m, plus add ons, I can't see us passing that up.

Sakyi would liven up the attack and Broughton will be thinking job done on signing a goalscorer.

It won't be as we'll still need a striker with or without. Then 6 months later we'll lose Sakyi and the £18m will have disappeared. Back to square one and without Wharton.

The only good thing coming out of A Wharton going would be if we could put it towards a CB, LB, CM, winger and a quality striker (and a goalie if we can manage it).

Really difficult to argue with this, sad as it would be to lose him at this time.

Think with Rak-Sakyi; try for permanent coming the other way, with a relatively cheap buy-back or something.

But if you could invest all £18m across 3-4 positions, it could be huge for us.

Incidentally don’t think Palace is the worst move for him at 20. If he backs himself to perform at the level, he’ll be being showcased on MOTD each week and if he impresses, he’ll get picked up.

True, he could go to a top 6 side and quickly be on close-to six figures a week, but you’re competing with other, perennial academy prospects and owners/managers constantly splurging on quick fixes for positions.

He does need a club that provides him a real pathway. Newcastle the only ones of the financial big hitters that probably, just about still have that, but once they crack their FFP conundrum, they’ll be dropping big fees on international players. Your Dan Burns and Shaun Longstaffs will be cycled out soon enough.

Bellingham comparisons are inappropriate but a move abroad like his to Dortmund could really polish him up.

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Adam’s Mum has retweeted “Crystal Palace have made a move for Adam Wharton” on Xwitter. 

Link? Just gone through the 75 people he follows (follows Nixon, weirdly enough) and can’t find her.

10 minutes ago, neophox said:

“It’s been quick because I thought it would be a lot longer than what it was, but I’ve enjoyed my time and I’m happy to be over it,” he said to RoversTV when reflecting on his absence.

Dolan seems to be refreshed after his injury and ready!

Apps - goals (last four seasons)

37 - 3

35 - 4

40 - 4

16 - 2

He's not the answer.

• Like 1