BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

Rovers fans ''We want experience and leadership, we're crying out for it.''

Rovers sign 37 year old Coventry City captain on a short term deal til May

Rovers fans ''37?! Are you having a laugh?! He's too old and slow and exactly the player we shouldn't be signing!''

Unsure if this is tongue in cheek but experience and still being at an age and ability to contribute are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

Oh yeah lads we are definitely reinvesting the Wharton money

Let me have a quick look at who we are spending that 20 million on

- 37 year old CB who was dropped from his team and his legs have gone
- Punt on a striker from America

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 1

So the old fella comes in as our second CB signing. Which would be a ridiculous signing if true.

Wharton goes, we need to replace him with a good midfielder.

We need two strikers, freshen up our attack. Get Ennis (loan) and Gallagher (Ipswich) out.

Could do with a winger too.

And a left back.

All that with our recruitment dept, in 24 hours.

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24086808.blackburn-rovers-set-sign-coventry-city-man-mcfadzean/

Adam Wharton's move to Crystal Palace will be confirmed today but Rovers are not expected to go on a last-minute trolley dash. A central midfielder is not out of the quesiton replace Wharton but it will depend on the finances and players available.

Beyond belief. Not out of the question?! So almost certainly not. Weve just lost 2 key midfielders and have a massive fee incoming. Depends on the finances?!

• Like 6

Just now, booth said:

So the old fella comes in as our second CB signing. Which would be a ridiculous signing if true.

Wharton goes, we need to replace him with a good midfielder.

We need two strikers, freshen up our attack. Get Ennis (loan) and Gallagher (Ipswich) out.

Could do with a winger too.

And a left back.

All that with our recruitment dept, in 24 hours.

Pressures on.

Will GB be given any money?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24086808.blackburn-rovers-set-sign-coventry-city-man-mcfadzean/

Adam Wharton's move to Crystal Palace will be confirmed today but Rovers are not expected to go on a last-minute trolley dash. A central midfielder is not out of the quesiton replace Wharton but it will depend on the finances and players available.

Beyond belief. Not out of the question?! So almost certainly not. Weve just lost 2 key midfielders and have a massive fee incoming. Depends on the finances?!

Beggars belief mate it's a joke.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Unsure if this is tongue in cheek but experience and still being at an age and ability to contribute are not mutually exclusive.

It's a deal for 4 months till end of the season, hes not signed a  4 year deal. Get a grip everybody

• Like 9

"Adam Wharton's move to Crystal Palace will be confirmed today but Rovers are not expected to go on a last-minute trolley dash. A central midfielder is not out of the quesiton replace Wharton but it will depend on the finances and players available."

There is it in plain English. Money in Venky's back pocket. 

Edit ** Can Elliot Jackson proof read some of this shite

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 4

The Wharton money people keep mentioning as if there's going to be some big splurge well there won't be.

He hasn't gone yet and whatever the fee only a first instalment will drop straight away and that will disappear into running costs.

Edited by tomphil

I did post yesterday that we shouldn't be splashing the Wharton cash in Jan. Its a terrible window and awful value.

Our season is pretty much over. We need to plug a few gaps to ensure we don't get relegated (hence the 37 year old defender) and then rebuild in the summer. That is the sensible approach. We only have one shot at getting it right. We cannot waste this money. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course it is! 

I have zero problem with the transfer and not sure why people would. He's exactly what we've been crying out for all season in regards to leadership and experience. 

McFadzean played all 120 minutes of the playoff final last season, has over 600 senior games under his belt and this is effectively a loan signing til May. Of course he's not the long term answer, but our defence looks better with him in it than not. I prefer him to Phillips and Cooper.

• Like 4

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

It's a deal for 4 months till end of the season, hes not signed a  4 year deal. Get a grip everybody

He still needs to be able to play for those 4 months. Coventry fans think he's done.

Signing a 37 year old is fucking bonkers whichever way you spin it. Some people were saying Danny Batth was over the hill at almost 33.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Pressures on.

Will GB be given any money?

Nope. Straight to Venkys HQ.

3 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Does that mean we cant pass judgement on a player because its a short term deal? Its not one I agree with especially when we are about to receive a massive fee.

• Like 1

So that’s McGuire and McFadzean supposedly In the bag…I’ve spotted a cunning plan from Greggo!

We’re only signing players with Mc in their name! How we could do with McMahon, McCallister and McAteer now!

ps - Mcsheffry anyone?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I did post yesterday that we shouldn't be splashing the Wharton cash in Jan. Its a terrible window and awful value.

Our season is pretty much over. We need to plug a few gaps to ensure we don't get relegated (hence the 37 year old defender) and then rebuild in the summer. That is the sensible approach. We only have one shot at getting it right. We cannot waste this money. 

You genuinely think that money or some of it will be waiting in the summer?

1 minute ago, rog of the rovers said:

Of course it is! 

I have zero problem with the transfer and not sure why people would. He's exactly what we've been crying out for all season in regards to leadership and experience. 

McFadzean played all 120 minutes of the playoff final last season, has over 600 senior games under his belt and this is effectively a loan signing til May. Of course he's not the long term answer, but our defence looks better with him in it than not. I prefer him to Phillips and Cooper.

We do need leadership and experience. But that doesnt mean anyone with those qualities would suffice otherwise we would just re sign Colin Hendry.

Coventrys form has massively picked up since dropping him.

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The Coventry guy until the end of the season makes decent sense we are crying out for some experience and able back up in this squad.

I don't love it or hate it.

It's cover till the end of the season. To me it indicates we will continue with a back 3/back 5.

Makes sense not to panic buy now and make 4 or 5 quality signings in the summer. 

Assuming the AW money doesn't go into a big black hole (most likely scenario).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Come the end of summer and suddenly it will be. Look the right players were just not available. The money was there but JDT didn't want to spend it. Broughton couldn't bring in the players. etc .....

Venkys bullshit

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

So that’s McGuire and McFadzean supposedly In the bag…I’ve spotted a cunning plan from Greggo!

We’re only signing players with Mc in their name! How we could do with McMahon, McCallister and McAteer now!

ps - Mcsheffry anyone?

It's a load of McBollocks.

• Like 4

I think we need a few players in yes 100%... 

But..

Just a  thought on not going mad today / tomorrow and becoming desperate because:

1.  We have some players coming back.

2.  We get a stop gap (the old guy).

3.  Unless we go really pete tongue it's unlikely we are going to get relegated or push for play offs.

We may as well take a sensible approach (I know) and recruit properly in the summer.  We all know January desperation moves often don't work out.

Just a thought..  

• Like 3

We’ve lost Carter for pretty much the rest of the season. O’Riordan is untested at Championship level and we are desperate for experience in the squad.

It’s only a deal until the end of the season and ticks a lot of boxes.

JDT has asked for more experience and another centre back-  he’s got his wish.

• Like 7