BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Who has said there is?

Nobody but you don't usually get the finer details of a players contract , especially when he hasn't even signed it.

I presumed you had knowledge there definitely wasn't a sell on seeing as your asking the trust to pull the club up on it.

We never knew how much of a percentage we had of the Raya deal until he had gone Arsenal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Nobody but you don't usually get the finer details of a players contract , especially when he hasn't even signed it.

I presumed you had knowledge there definitely wasn't a sell on seeing as your asking the trust to pull the club up on it.

We never knew how much of a percentage we had of the Raya deal until he had gone Arsenal.

We still don’t, the conjecture is somewhere between 12.5% and 20%. Probably the former but SWAG seemed very happy with himself declaring it the highest sell on % he had agreed or even heard of 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Despite Dolans flaws, he adds alot to the team, especially as small as our squad is.

HOWEVER, i personally don't think he'll sign a new deal, so in an ideal world we should be selling. If Luton want to spend millions on Dolan then that's their problem as theres no way he's premier league standard - He has to be replaced though!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd be baffled if they've turned down £2m for him. Especially if this American CF is coming in. 

You're basically committing to letting him walk for free in the summer or re-signing a player we all know isn't good enough as our highest earner for 12 more months. 

It seems like a gift of an offer from Ipswich imo. 

100%.

The American guy is a massive gamble but if we managed to fortuitously offload Gallagher then it would effectively be a free hit if he failed to come off like Hirst/Ennis/Telalovic.

I'm not a massive fan of Dolan but I think he'd do well in that Luton side, they play very wide and direct and although not the quickest he is decent at picking the ball up and getting forward. Even if his end product is not brilliant (yet). I'd say cash in and get a decent return from a free transfer but again we are thin on numbers and he would need replacing. If we can get a similar fee to the kaminski transfer then I'd sell. We'd need someone who can come straight in and do a job.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well.....he's started as he's gone on since he's been here.....a 37 Yr old for 4 months and £2.5m plus add ons for a guy with no experience of English football.

And I suspect it might get worse before tomorrow night.

If that's his list expecting to imminently bank £18m I'd hate to see the ones where he hadn't.

But hey, the McGuire signing will be OK as long as the family all follow us on social media, and if we just get behind the lads FFS everything will be OK.

Genuinely want to know who you think we can reasonably and realistically sign. Say we can spend maybe £12m, including signing on and agents fees etc, who do you suggest we sign which doesn't break our wage structure i.e. around 15k for our key, senior players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alex l said:

Genuinely want to know who you think we can reasonably and realistically sign. Say we can spend maybe £12m, including signing on and agents fees etc, who do you suggest we sign which doesn't break our wage structure i.e. around 15k for our key, senior players. 

I doubt we'll be allowed to spend £12m but if we could we should be setting our sights a lot higher than that imo

Who knows though Mcguire might do OK, if you keep signing strikers, you've surely got to get one right on the law of averages sooner or later.

Whatever we do,  we have to keep Gally!! No idea what Mcguire will be like, but we know that Sammy and Sam can work off each other.

If Mcguire turns out a gem, then we have support in a key position. 

• Like 4

What we looking at here then, an old school partnership of Maguire and Gally up front, Szmodics just behind, with a back 5? I don't hate that idea tbh. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, sabino said:

Whatever we do,  we have to keep Gally!! No idea what Mcguire will be like, but we know that Sammy and Sam can work off each other.

If Mcguire turns out a gem, then we have support in a key position. 

I'm completely of the opposite view. Whatever we do we must not look a gift horse in the mouth and must accept £1.5m - £2m for Gallagher.

I think we'd miss Dolan far more but even then, I suppose the pragmatic move would be to accept a fee for him.

What a shambles of a Club we are when we can't even persuade Dolan to sign a new deal and it doesn't say a lot for GB's powers of negotiation.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm completely of the opposite view. Whatever we do we must not look a gift horse in the mouth and must accept £1.5m - £2m for Gallagher.

That's more like selling your horse and ending up pushing your cart around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What a shambles of a Club we are when we can't even persuade Dolan to sign a new deal and it doesn't say a lot for GB's powers of negotiation.

If no one else had signed a contract I'd agree but that's not been the case. We have no idea what his motivations are and if it happens to be that he jusg cares about the money then GB could be the best negotiator in the world and wouldn't get him to sign.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I doubt we'll be allowed to spend £12m but if we could we should be setting our sights a lot higher than that imo

Who knows though Mcguire might do OK, if you keep signing strikers, you've surely got to get one right on the law of averages sooner or later.

I know yeah just lucky Broughton signed the championship top scorer for £2.5 million

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Dolan's agent: We want £12k a week

GB: POWER OF NEGOTIATION ACTIVATE

Dolan's agent: We are happy with £6k a week

Sarcasm aside he's not likely to be asking to be put alongside our top earners is he?

Devil's advocate mode: Even if he was, should he be?

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

I know yeah just lucky Broughton signed the championship top scorer for £2.5 million

Ah OK, if we're classing SS as a striker guess we'll be out of luck with Mcguire.

He's made one good signing. The rest ranging from average at best down to downright shocking.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

100%.

The American guy is a massive gamble but if we managed to fortuitously offload Gallagher then it would effectively be a free hit if he failed to come off like Hirst/Ennis/Telalovic.

All ,we are saying, is give us a GOAL !

• Like 1