BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, MB Rover said:

Long term viewer of this forum. 

Made me chuckle reading the summer comments on here of people arguing this time was different and that the Venky’s will allow Broughton to reinvest funds.

Talk of the Raya money; Kaminski; Phillips etc.

Well here we are, £28million in transfer fees brought in this season, £1million AT A PUSH spent.

’Player trading’ model? There is no fucking model. The whole business of Blackburn Rovers is dependent on what side of the bed some chicken chokers thousands of miles away wake up on. 

Bring back the protests.

Here here

Waggot had a holiday to Sea World Orlando and got shat on by a penguin. This annoyed him so much that he decided to get revenge on the city by fucking Orlando United around a bit. Pretending that we're going to sign one of their players, faking a bidding war on a player they are interested in. It's the only logical explanation.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He has also listed a series of positions that we may or may not look to strengthen.

He'll be acting under instruction not to upset the Club but he and the LT are frankly an embarrassment.

Talk about fiddling whilst Rome burns. Unless I've missed it they didn't even acknowledge that there was a Court hearing crucial to the Club's future last week which was postponed until March.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Has the Wharton deal gone through? A big part of me hopes that he gets wind of the owners pulling the funding and refuses to sign the contract. 

Yes Adam, let the barstewards sort their own financial problems out. It's not your responsibility.

• Like 1

I'm taking a bit of satisfaction in the owner's proving us right.

They are feeding the protests and I feel this time they're running out of excuses and places to hide.

The day they leave, I'll celebrate like we've won the league.

• Like 9

I'm trying not to say too much today until the window is over but they don't half make it hard.

I'd be delighted if Wharton's deal collapsed and the V's had to make alternative arrangements to sort out any funding deficit but I think we know how this ends, we get the worst of both worlds Wharton still goes and we end up with no-one in or another crappy loan with a load more mealy mouthed excuses from apologist in chief Gregg (with 2 g's to keep blue Bruce happy) Broughton.

To think J Biz took the mickey out of me yesterday for fearing the worst about the end of the window!

• Like 1

image.png.2519105cf0d22a5654729c041efcb5ec.png

I'm not having this, how was it a 'complicated one'?

You agree the financials, get the lad over for a medical and complete the deal - like any other transfer.

The only thing that complicates that is pure fucking incompetence from Blackburn Rovers, which is the norm these days.

No other club would have any complications with this deal. It's embarrassing.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 9

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm trying not to say too much today until the window is over but they don't half make it hard.

I'd be delighted if Wharton's deal collapsed and the V's had to make alternative arrangements to sort out any funding deficit but I think we know how this ends, we get the worst of both worlds Wharton still goes and we end up with no-one in or another crappy loan with a load more mealy mouthed excuses from apologist in chief Gregg (with 2 g's to keep blue Bruce happy) Broughton.

To think J Biz took the mickey out of me yesterday for fearing the worst about the end of the window!

We all expected it though.

You just always have to hope that there will be a turn for the better.

Just sent a DM to Duncan McGuire apologising, I think everyone should for this embarrassing club

"

11:53am

We were always told the McGuire deal was a complicated one. They obviously agreed a fee and he flew over but it was never a done deal. Let's see how it plays out."

Jackson should be on the phone asking some questions...

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well he always does, we're always hysterical etc. I miss him!

45 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

1000%....All in all its probably a less risk signing and Jukiewicz can hit the ground running but it just all stinks.

if we sell Wharton for that much while only bringing in jukiewicz as a striker I'm out why should I have any interest in the club when the owners don't I've suffered through watching the last few months anyway with next to no enjoyment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Really got to feel for the lad

Feel for him, why? He'd have come over anyway regardless of who signs him. I'd love a trip abroad now and be put up in a nice hotel. He's potentially going to sign for 3+ English clubs all desperate for his signature, developing his career to the next level, levels of financial income we can only dream of. I know it's relative but still...

I bet this stuff happens all the time, in fact it does, and always has done, we just live an age where we can have instant updates and access 24/7. Imagine the ins and outs in deals 20-30 years ago. Nothing new, except the way we consume this info. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I don’t believe the local media reports for a second. They stink of reporting the Rovers PR line.

Think about it - why do you inform people at midnight that a transfer isn’t happening, for a flight that lands at 8AM if there’s a potential hiccup in the Wharton deal? You don’t! You wait until the morning when you get clarification on the Wharton situation because the player is on a plane regardless. The plane isn’t turning around, there’s no need to inform anyone the deal isn’t happening until the player is at Brockhall with a pen in his hand. 

SWAG Probably said , cancel hotel for him, cant afford it now.

Also don't put fuel in Swaggott's wheels to pick him up at the airport as we aint paying overtime to the driver to pick a player up we cant afford.

Let Orlando know they need to pick up bill.

The penny pinching git, do anything to save a pound

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Need to push Elliott for an answer.

Well said Langho Rover. Shame he swore which gives Jackson the excuse not to reply and/or block him

It really doesn't help when this twonk is toeing the party line and attempting to pass everything that happens off as acceptable, he needs to be bombarded on social media today saying that this sort of conduct from the Club is completely unacceptable and he should be doing some proper work for once asking searching questions of the Club instead of simply regurgitating rumours off social media. 

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1