BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 hours ago, philipl said:

But from what I have heard of the McGuire analysis, he is far from the perfect striker but he meets the characteristics list of what he hadn't previously got in the squad absolutely perfectly. Genuinely excited by this one.

I’ve read that 3 times and it seems complete gobbledegook. 

is it just me?

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There was an interview with him and a video too.

There’s that small clip to announce the signing. They normally do an extended interview with the player on Rovers TV.

The rest of the signings are on there, besides McGuires.

image.thumb.jpeg.c60b59d5617fea76edbaaa0a5866e0df.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.365c876c3ed25ba23be46c517aba8d49.jpeg

Just now, Tom said:

Apparently the club not commenting and will provide clarity after the match 

They wouldn’t want to say it’s fallen through before a big game would they.

If there’s nothing to worry about they would say it’s confirmed and just waiting for international clearance. It’s happened again hasn’t it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

They wouldn’t want to say it’s fallen through before a big game would they.

If there’s nothing to worry about they would say it’s confirmed and just waiting for international clearance. It’s happened again hasn’t it? 

I reckon so, now JDT not being allowed to attend the press conference makes sense.

Edited by RoversClitheroe

When McGuire was announced it was subject to international clearance.

When Fleck was announced (later) it was subject to EFL approval.

Fleck is on the bench today so presumably that approval was given.

Based on that, I can’t see how we missed the deadline on McGuire.

Someone’s probably just seen he’s not on the bench and assumed (based on our record) that we’ve fucked something up.

• Like 1

Sounds like its potentially a visa issue, in which case nothing like the O'Brien saga of last January, and it'll mean dealing with a different kind of appeal I imagine.

That being said, the lad is at Ewood today. Would be a strange move for him to come along to the game if it really had fallen through.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Effectively if it doesn't go ahead then you have to start looking at someone internally doing something.....

I don't expect this to be anything as he seems to be at Ewood for the game which is very different to the situation last season, but if they have managed to balls this up, I agree.

Once with something like this is an egregious set of errors, twice can only be deliberate. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Effectively if it doesn't go ahead then you have to start looking at someone internally doing something.....

At the moment I can't see this being anything other than a formality but if there's any truth in it it would explain why they're not letting JDT anywhere near a camera.

There's only one penny pinching employee who would be kiboshing feals internally IF there's any truth in this.

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I don't expect this to be anything as he seems to be at Ewood for the game which is very different to the situation last season, but if they have managed to balls this up, I agree.

Once with something like this is an egregious set of errors, twice can only be deliberate. 

My thoughts exactly.

44 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Just a formality I believe. Duncan is currently at Ewood for the game. This isn't a repeat of O'Brien.

I don’t think this is the case — firstly, if you go into the club shop they won’t sell you a McGuire 50 shirt, but also the lack of comment smells of an element of truth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I don’t think this is the case — firstly, if you go into the club shop they won’t sell you a McGuire 50 shirt, but also the lack of comment smells of an element of truth. 

There's certainly some form of complication but he will still be registered a Rovers player.