BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Either a bot, paid account or a total fucking retard.

Yeah no time to put sticker notes on pages while waiting for the Wharton deal to go through. Not to mention none of the Wharton money was used. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Let's look at this from a critical perspective and take into account what we already know about how the Raos operate.

The Egg is given the task of finding players and is given his parameters, only frees or loans and if you want to spend you have to sell.

He sells a player for a fee.

He finds another player, costs a fee but substantially less than what is received.

He has a DFA of about 50p so all financial dealings are to be singed off by the owners.

The owners refuse to sign off on spending any of the money received in the outgoing transfer.

The Egg renegotiates the deal as a loan with option. There is a small fee attached.

He sells another player for the right amount to cover the fee.

The owners refuse to sign off on the deal.

The minions on the ground are told they have to take the flak for this and deflect any and all attention away from the owners.

There is a kerfuffle with the paper work and the transfer doesn't happen.

Someone on the ground has to fall on their sword but that's what they're paid for.

Maggot is on a cushy number and topping up the pension, Sylvester probably not far behind in that regard and the Egg has only ever been an academy director before his DOF role here so not like he can easily just chuck it in.

It's all about protecting the owners reputation, it's the only thing they care about.

I reckon that’s very much the reason it’s fallen through. Just like the two last January. Unfortunately, we’ll probably never know the real truth as anyone who knows will have a NDA. That’s the way these crooks work. 

Edited by Dan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Surely GB would have been buzzing round the Rovers offices ensuring everything was done properly and on time?

Surely the club secretary and CEO can do contracts and transfer paperwork given all their experience in their current role here and beforehand at other clubs. 

No matter what the cock up was, SWAG position is untenable.

As CEO with O'Brien on his track record, he should personally have been physically present when the paperwork was being checked collated SCANNED and sent.

I did that with mission critical paperwork in a business of similar size to Rovers and know of no similar CEO who wouldn't have done the same.

This is 100% his personal responsibility.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, philipl said:

No matter what the cock up was, SWAG position is untenable.

As CEO with O'Brien on his track record, he should personally have been physically present when the paperwork was being checked collated SCANNED and sent.

I did that with mission critical paperwork in a business of similar size to Rovers and know of no similar CEO who wouldn't have done the same.

This is 100% his personal responsibility.

That's how a real CEO at a real company would operate.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, alex l said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24097585.blackburn-pulled-permanent-transfer-mcguire/

Fits the rumour on deadline day. Can't say the LET are not publishing negative Rovers stories. Whilst this raises questions against the board it still doesn't explain the error with the loan. 

Good article there. 

Maybe our calls for Jackson to do his job were taken on board.

Even the two comments are normal.

• Like 9

Seems to have got lost in amongst all the other stuff, but wasn't there mention of a board meeting happening over in India this week? I'm sure I saw someone say that Nixon stated something like that on Radio Lancs the other day.

If true, then is it too much to hope that its regarding putting the club up for sale...? 🤞🙏

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Seems to have got lost in amongst all the other stuff, but wasn't there mention of a board meeting happening over in India this week? I'm sure I saw someone say that Nixon stated something like that on Radio Lancs the other day.

If true, then is it too much to hope that its regarding putting the club up for sale...? 🤞🙏

Think someone said he said that a group from Rovers are heading to Pune

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Good article there. 

Maybe our calls for Jackson to do his job were taken on board.

Even the two comments are normal.

Unfortunately the normal comments didn't last long 😞 

IMG_20240206_083159.jpg

Edited by j166429

1 hour ago, alex l said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24097585.blackburn-pulled-permanent-transfer-mcguire/

Fits the rumour on deadline day. Can't say the LET are not publishing negative Rovers stories. Whilst this raises questions against the board it still doesn't explain the error with the loan. 

Not the most important point in that article but regarding the bit about Wharton.

Clubs should have to announce deals as soon as they happen - not half a day later because they want to do some fancy social media nonsense.

5 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Not the most important point in that article but regarding the bit about Wharton.

Clubs should have to announce deals as soon as they happen - not half a day later because they want to do some fancy social media nonsense.

For the sanity of the fans, I agree.  However, both clubs would have been well aware the second it happened so it would not have impacted Rovers in the slightest (Rovers just had no intention of spending the money based on the directive from above)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I don't necessarily disagree but playing devil's advocate....Duncan McGuire?!

Interesting replies to that report from LT. Almost all replicate the views expressed on here. 

And the usual idiots have gone quiet.

Conclusion--the truth is finally dawning?

To let your staff negotiate a new transfer and then to pull the plug while the guy has already on the way from the States 

is utterly unforgivable and contemptuous of all normal standards. They are a disgrace and now everybody knows it.

They have held the Club up to shame and ridicule. Surely now something has to give?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Actually that's the only pro venky comment in there at this present time.

All others say they want rid.

And they are not the usual posters! They have disappeared to lick their wounds and work out what spin they can put on it!

Just now, 47er said:

And they are not the usual posters! They have disappeared to lick their wounds and work out what spin they can put on it!

I think they might be in hiding as any posts trying to defend Venkys will get demolished and antagonise people further.

Even India BRFC that I would have sworn was a paid shill is saying they need to go.