BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rogue Cookie Fix Instructions

You may have noticed the "Rogue Cookie Issue Fix" message at the top of the site...or you may not (!) either way - here's a pdf which hopefully provides some guidance as to how to do what you need to do to remove the rogue cookie that has been causing mischief...

Apologies for the inconvenience...hope it helps...🙏

So you need to clear site specific cookies 1.1.pdf

Edited by Herbie6590
Now with PC/Chrome instructions
  • Like 1

Thanks, Herbie. I'm a real thicko when it comes to computers but I've managed to clear the brfcs cookies and other things. Had to re-log in to the site to get rid of the adverts again. I use a MacBook Air by the way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bazza said:

Thanks, Herbie. I'm a real thicko when it comes to computers but I've managed to clear the brfcs cookies and other things. Had to re-log in to the site to get rid of the adverts again. I use a MacBook Air by the way.

I haven't had any problems and I use a MacBook Air. Also the instructions to remove the cookies for Brfc , as explained on here didn't work so. I just googled "remove cookies from individual site etc' and followed that.

Any way well done guys, hope you clear it all up.

17 hours ago, Ianrally said:

I access the site on an iPhone and a desktop and have never encountered a problem. Having said that just wait for it all to go wrong now 

It doesn't affect all users. It's mainly a problem for those that move regularly from Forum to Home page e.g. to read articles, to vote on POTM, to listen to a podcast (🙏) & so on. 

Folks who do that a lot were starting to get 502 Gateway errors & @StubbsUK managed to isolate the cookie responsible. The idea behind us sharing this was to ensure all users weren't troubled by this issue. 

If it worked before & it works now...all good 🙂

9 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

It doesn't affect all users. It's mainly a problem for those that move regularly from Forum to Home page e.g. to read articles, to vote on POTM, to listen to a podcast (🙏) & so on. 

Folks who do that a lot were starting to get 502 Gateway errors & @StubbsUK managed to isolate the cookie responsible. The idea behind us sharing this was to ensure all users weren't troubled by this issue. 

If it worked before & it works now...all good 🙂

Many thanks for the explanation.

• Like 1

Anyone else having issues with the site keep signing you out?

I didn't have the 502 error, but today, the site signs me out after clicking on 2 or 3 pages. I've cleared the cookies as per the instructions above (just in case it was related), but it hasn't helped.

@Herbie6590 @StubbsUK - anyone else reported this, or do you have any ideas?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Anyone else having issues with the site keep signing you out?

I didn't have the 502 error, but today, the site signs me out after clicking on 2 or 3 pages. I've cleared the cookies as per the instructions above (just in case it was related), but it hasn't helped.

@Herbie6590 @StubbsUK - anyone else reported this, or do you have any ideas?

We’re investigating it literally as we speak - I can see both the above going through it on our internal chat!

• Like 2