BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

do we need alot of signings this summer? 

Current squad for next season

keepers - Pears, Wahlstedt, Michalski 

Defenders - Brittain, Carter, Hyam, Wharton, O'Riordan, Pickering, 

CM's - Tronstad, Garrett, Buckley, JRC, Travis

wide players - Dolan, Markanday, Sigurdsson, Hedges, 

no 10 - Szmodics, Gilsenan

Strikers - Gallagher, Vale, Telalovic, Leonard

I have included Dolan and Gallagher cos I expect them to sign next contract. 

I think we deffo need a pacey wide player, Striker, right back, maybe another Keeper if we loan out Wahlstedt for a season, I would use Gent at left back back up given the reviews he had there, could do with another centre back or maybe re sign McFadzean for another season. Then a replacement for Szmodics if he does leave.

That squad looks so bad when it is all out in front of you

We need a goalkeeper, right back, 2 central midfielders, 2 wide players and a striker. That is assuming we keep Szmodics, if not put another attacking midfielder in

We could also benefit from a better centre back and left back. But we can't be greedy now..........

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

do we need alot of signings this summer? 

I think we deffo need a pacey wide player, Striker, right back, maybe another Keeper if we loan out Wahlstedt for a season, I would use Gent at left back back up given the reviews he had there, could do with another centre back or maybe re sign McFadzean for another season. Then a replacement for Szmodics if he does leave. 

Nicholas Michalski? 

We need a lot, yes.

All those highlighted aren't good enough and there are some question marks over Hyam, Dolan and O'Riordan. 

JRC, Hedges, Brittain & Carter are all injury prone. The first 2 you'll only get 20 games per season out of them.

Garrett and Leonard probably need a loan.

I wouldn't be retaining Fadz or Fleck. Fadz has played his part and fair play to him for that but he'll be 40 next season, we can't be relying on him anymore.

I agree on Gent, he's been having a good loan spell, so needs to be given a chance in pre season.

We desperately need pace and some good strikers who know where the back of the net is.

x2 wingers (minimum), x2 strikers, x1 CM, x1 RB, x1 GK (an actual No.1), x1 LB if Gent isn't up to it.

This is all immaterial, as Venkys won't spend any money, so it's likely free transfer dross and young not ready loans. And they'll likely sell Szmodics at the first opportunity and reinvest nothing. 

It'll be stunning if we come out of the summer stronger than we are now, which means it's another relegation battle.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

we need alot of signings this summer? 

I'm in the forever optimistic camp but I think we need a lot of work this summer. The squad you've listed is thin but then consider the likes of Brittain, JRC and hedges who will miss games through injury and the ones who either blow hot and cold (Buckley, Siggy, Leonard, Markanday) or have let proved themselves yet (Vale, gilsenan, the 17 year old GK etc) the  you've got a relegation squad. 

Of that squad I expect Sammie to be sold. I can't picture Gallagher being here, I think the powers above will want his wages off the books. Dolan is the one I can see eventually signing a new contract and still being here. I think we've got a team who on their day could go head to head with anyone in the championship- as we proved yesterday- but not a squad who could sustain it over the full  season. 

In my mind we need 

1 gk

2x defenders to cover RB, CB and LB

1x creative midfielder

2x wingers 

2x No 10s - one to replace Sammie and one to provide cover. How we've managed to milk Sammie for the number of minutes we have is crazy and a testament to the guys fitness. 

2x Strikers - one was needed  any way and we'll need someone to replace Gallagher if he goes

That's my optimistic take on what the squad needs 

27 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

I don't buy the hoodwinked malarkey me. Surely if whoever signed up they did due diligence on how these parasites have worked for over 14 years and then signed with open eyes. 

How stupid and naiive they are if they believed anything put out of a venkyrat mouth .

jdt was obviously told a porkie.he would`nt have come near the place without all the false promises of healthy budgets,i suspect it`s the same with eustace,only that he is`nt as outspoken as jdt and will just keep plodding on like mowbray,perfect for swag and the indians,i`ll be amazed if he gets any substancial transfer cash

How can anyone possibly think we dont need an overhaul in the summer considering the season we have had and in particular how thin on the ground we have been regularly naming terrible subs benches and a couple of injuries floors us. The squad needs gutting.

Markanday, Sigurdsson, Wahlstedt, Telalovic and Garrett aren't good enough. Vale likewise. The 4 loanees will go back and not be missed. Gilsenan and O'Riordan are totally unproven, as is Gent.

We need a new number 1 keeper. We need a right back, Brittain has not had a good season so realistically a first choice. We need another left back. Centre back, we certainly should not renew McFadzean, we have 3 there so maybe could do with another body. In midfield, Travis coming back is key to add to the current 2, not sure Buckley is the answer but those 4 are a stronger area of our squad, its whether 4 is enough in such a position.

The attack is the biggest concern. If Szmodics does go then we are goosed. Even if he stays, we haven't any cover there, then aside from that, we have Dolan and Gallagher who are good to have around but not start every single game, and if either doesnt sign a new deal then we have to look to sell. Hedges quite possibly will be injured again with a recurring injury heading into the season. Even if all 3 go, we need a goalscoring striker and a couple of quick wide men.

We won't get what we need, but lets not pretend naming players that arent up to it sees us well covered and just needing a few tweaks.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

We need a goalkeeper, right back, 2 central midfielders, 2 wide players and a striker. That is assuming we keep Szmodics, if not put another attacking midfielder in

We could also benefit from a better centre back and left back. But we can't be greedy now..........

I don't see why we need 2 centre midfielders when you got JRC, Tronstad, Buckley, Travis and maybe Garrett. 

42 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We need a lot, yes.

All those highlighted aren't good enough and there are some question marks over Hyam, Dolan and O'Riordan. 

JRC, Hedges, Brittain & Carter are all injury prone. The first 2 you'll only get 20 games per season out of them.

Garrett and Leonard probably need a loan.

I wouldn't be retaining Fadz or Fleck. Fadz has played his part and fair play to him for that but he'll be 40 next season, we can't be relying on him anymore.

I agree on Gent, he's been having a good loan spell, so needs to be given a chance in pre season.

We desperately need pace and some good strikers who know where the back of the net is.

x2 wingers (minimum), x2 strikers, x1 CM, x1 RB, x1 GK (an actual No.1), x1 LB if Gent isn't up to it.

This is all immaterial, as Venkys won't spend any money, so it's likely free transfer dross and young not ready loans. And they'll likely sell Szmodics at the first opportunity and reinvest nothing. 

It'll be stunning if we come out of the summer stronger than we are now, which means it's another relegation battle.

Why is the question marks over Hyam and Dolan? 

McFadzean is only 37 and will be 38 in February.

I think the striker signing will be interesting to see what type of striker we need whether its striker who is target man or more of striker with pace who can press from the front.  

40 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

How we've managed to milk Sammie for the number of minutes we have is crazy and a testament to the guys fitness. 

Cos he look after his fitness and body plus plays his heart on his sleeve and for the fans, team mates and Head coach

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why is the question marks over Hyam and Dolan? 

McFadzean is only 37 and will be 38 in February.

I think the striker signing will be interesting to see what type of striker we need whether its striker who is target man or more of striker with pace who can press from the front.  

Question marks because Hyam is prone to some poor mistakes.

As good as his pass for the winner was yesterday, Dolan is a 1 good game in 5 player. He is improving, and if he'll sign a new deal, he'll be handy to have around. Feel like we've been the ones to develop him into a championship player, so we need to reap the rewards.

OK but 38 is still too old.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see why we need 2 centre midfielders when you got JRC, Tronstad, Buckley, Travis and maybe Garrett. 

jrc is injury prone

tronstadt is great(providing we don`t sell him in the summer)

buckley goes awol to often

travis is ****

garret is raw and picks up yellow cards as a hobby

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Question marks because Hyam is prone to some poor mistakes.

As good as his pass for the winner was yesterday, Dolan is a 1 good game in 5 player. He is improving, and if he'll sign a new deal, he'll be handy to have around. Feel like we've been the ones to develop him into a championship player, so we need to reap the rewards.

OK but 38 is still too old.

Yes Hyam had a very poor against Bristol City granted but more than prove his worth again yesterday

on Dolan, he would be one of the first names on the team sheet. Similar opinion to what ParsonBlue posted yesterday on him

McFadzean could be option depending on the budget and what Eustace and GB can do in the transfer market

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't even think that list is right - Dolan, Siggurdson and Markanday are #10s. 

At a minimum we need a GK, a RB, a LB, 1 RW, 2 LW, 2 CF. 

I'd be loaning out Garrett if we can't guarantee him regular playing time. Same with Batty and Gilsenan. I'd be selling Markanday and Gallagher too if possible. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jrc is injury prone

tronstadt is great(providing we don`t sell him in the summer)

buckley goes awol to often

travis is ****

garret is raw and picks up yellow cards as a hobby

I bet Travis is a Eustace style player - provides energy, tenacity and flexibility (can play RB). His lack of football ability isn't as startling when not being asked to be a pivot. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't even think that list is right - Dolan, Siggurdson and Markanday are #10s. 

At a minimum we need a GK, a RB, a LB, 1 RW, 2 LW, 2 CF. 

I'd be loaning out Garrett if we can't guarantee him regular playing time. Same with Batty and Gilsenan. I'd be selling Markanday and Gallagher too if possible. 

What we need and what we can afford will be two completely different things. I would settle for a good keeper, and one effective winger, be it left or right.

Edited by rigger

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Hyam had a very poor against Bristol City granted but more than prove his worth again yesterday

on Dolan, he would be one of the first names on the team sheet. Similar opinion to what ParsonBlue posted yesterday on him

McFadzean could be option depending on the budget and what Eustace and GB can do in the transfer market

Dolan will be useful squad player but not a regular starter. Not for a team with any mbition, which I suppose we aren't.

Hyam does make a few mistakes, not just against Bristol City. Like most of our squad, he's inconsistent (although usually better than most)

20 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Dolan will be useful squad player but not a regular starter. Not for a team with any mbition, which I suppose we aren't.

Hyam does make a few mistakes, not just against Bristol City. Like most of our squad, he's inconsistent (although usually better than most)

We have to disagree on Dolan and Hyam. 

How many of that squad would be playing week in week out for Ipswich, Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, West Brom or Norwich? I'd say Szmodics, Tronstad and Carter are good enough for top 6 over a season. That's 8 new players needed if we're to have a chance of getting out of this league (the right way). 4 good loans and 4 decent signings would be on the table at a normal club given the money brought in but no chance here.

15 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Anybody running a book on:-

how many pages this thread will reach by the end of the window

how many players will be linked

how many players we will actually sign for real money

i`ll give you +105 pages @ 1/1

75-150 @13/8

0-2 @3/1😃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rigger said:

What we need and what we can afford will be two completely different things. I would settle for a good keeper, and one effective winger, be it left or right.

Then you're in another relegation struggle next season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a midfielder who can create. JRC is too injury prone to last the season. Sadly, Buckley is hot and (more) cold. Otherwise there isn’t much in that midfield.

If Carlsberg did weekends for Steve Waggott

Priceless win at Leeds probably keeps him safe in position for another year

Szmodics in League team of the year and closing in on the golden Boot. Will add a couple of million to his price tag and increase the competition for his signature.

Rovers win 'Fan engagement' award which is beyond a joke yet he'll be able to produce that as evidence his policies are correct and this will counter all the other issues with attendances and ticket prices which the stats show have been a total failure.

• Like 1