BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I know what he was saying, I was just pointing out we wouldn’t be giving him away for nothing or else we wouldn’t have triggered his contract. 

The fact Ipswich were willing to pay £1.5m for him suggests he will have other suitors and that he’s not as bad as he’s made out. 

Many didn't even want to renew his contract. 

Can I suggest this thread is closed in order to ease the work load for Samaritans in the region.

It's so feckin depressing.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Strike rate of 1 in 50 at best and the other 49 are always edged either way by him yet he still has his groupies.

Towards the end of last season he didn’t ever look like scoring a goal. He wasn’t even missing chances, he wasn’t getting on the end of them. I’ve rarely seen a striker with so little goal poaching instincts, he always seems to go where the ball isn’t going. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Can I suggest this thread is closed in order to ease the work load for Samaritans in the region.

It's so feckin depressing.

Yes, close the thread, light the burning torches and head for the Bolton area (or at least I think that’s where Nicko lives).

Just now, M_B said:

Many didn't even want to renew his contract. 

On here? I haven’t seen any of that but surprising if so. He’s a decent Championship player who contributes a lot more than people realise, but he shouldn’t be one of the top earners. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Last season he didn’t ever look like scoring a goal. He wasn’t even missing chances, he wasn’t getting on the end of them. I rarely seen a striker with so little goal poaching instincts, he always seems ro be where the ball isn’t.

Gally's fans always stress the 100% effort he puts in. Perhaps he should put in less effort and concentrate on scoring. 

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Towards the end of last season he didn’t ever look like scoring a goal. He wasn’t even missing chances, he wasn’t getting on the end of them. I rarely seen a striker with so little goal poaching instincts, he always seems to go where the ball isn’t going. 

I think he’s on about Nixon

29 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It isn't just about replacing the goals from Szmodics although they are mightily important. His prodigious work rate and desire will take some replacing and I certainly don't see any current player getting anywhere near this. He inspires other players with his attributes and as many have said should have been our captain.

I doubt we'll see any players with that level of commitment and desire here again until a change of ownership. 

It will be journeymen dollopers not giving a toss if we win lose or draw just turning up when they feel like it. 

When the owners, fake ceo, shadow ceo, head coach don't care about winning games we certainly won't be attracting players that have a winning mentality. 

The best we can hope for is that we pick up a young lad that's wanting to use us as a stepping stone from a lower level club to a real football club so will give it some bollocks to get the spotlight on him. But there's absolutely no guarantee that we'll be luck enough to get someone like that.

So to sum up ..chaddy gets semi because "kea- a gem , warchest" nixon says a loanee from palace.

1. Stop doing business with that godforsaken scum club.

2. Stop getting loaners and develop our own . Why help the 2 bin dippers, Brighton or scumpalace? 

Say for example who did the elliot loan help more ? Rovers 1st team or Liverpoo ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Yes, close the thread, light the burning torches and head for the Bolton area (or at least I think that’s where Nicko lives).

Head for maggot or pashas house instead.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think that the very good news is that Igor Tyjon wants to stay here and play first team football instead of going to United 

If Tyjon develops into a good player we might see a small fee in the future when he leaves like Ashley Phillips? A fee that would not be reinvested into the squad. Very good news?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

So to sum up ..chaddy gets semi because "kea- a gem , warchest" nixon says a loanee from palace.

1. Stop doing business with that godforsaken scum club.

2. Stop getting loaners and develop our own . Why help the 2 bin dippers, Brighton or scumpalace? 

Say for example who did the elliot loan help more ? Rovers 1st team or Liverpoo ?

The best way for a club in our position to see if our youngsters are good enough, is to play them. We haven't got the financial backing to keep loaning players in, for one season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I doubt we'll see any players with that level of commitment and desire here again until a change of ownership. 

It will be journeymen dollopers not giving a toss if we win lose or draw just turning up when they feel like it. 

When the owners, fake ceo, shadow ceo, head coach don't care about winning games we certainly won't be attracting players that have a winning mentality. 

The best we can hope for is that we pick up a young lad that's wanting to use us as a stepping stone from a lower level club to a real football club so will give it some bollocks to get the spotlight on him. But there's absolutely no guarantee that we'll be luck enough to get someone like that.

Thing is ANY loan is not invested to the team only themselves and their REAL team .  I'd seriously ban loans unless there was a buy at the end Clause where a club  have to make an offer . 

The long and tall of our club is the dark Lords picking our carcass of every penny and commission for themselves no matter what. You can't tell me that the dipper defender was done to benefit our club.

Until venkyscum and the dark Lords precedence is eradicated we're fucked. 

Never thought in my life time that rovers would do ANY more business with palace. The ferals in charge do not give a cluck about our history.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Are we planning on fielding a team this season?

I think the model is to sell players before their contract expires. If Siggy, Dolan and Gally, who all have 1 year left, indicate they won’t sign another contract then they’ll have to be sold. Sammie will leave as soon a someone puts in an acceptable bid. 

so it looks like being a big rebuilding job up front this summer, unless the players with only a year left sign new contracts. Even so, we’d still need a sammie replacement plus a striker and winger at the very least. 

7 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Thing is ANY loan is not invested to the team only themselves and their REAL team .  I'd seriously ban loans unless there was a buy at the end Clause where a club  have to make an offer . 

The long and tall of our club is the dark Lords picking our carcass of every penny and commission for themselves no matter what. You can't tell me that the dipper defender was done to benefit our club.

Until venkyscum and the dark Lords precedence is eradicated we're fucked. 

Never thought in my life time that rovers would do ANY more business with palace. The ferals in charge do not give a cluck about our history.

You really do have a way of putting things ABBEY. 

18 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

In the case of Harvey Elliott he was good for both clubs because he was such a fine player, and it's clear from his performances and his comments that he enjoyed playing for Rovers. I really enjoyed watching him - and other excellent loanees such as Tosin, Reed and Harwood-Bellis too

I agree about some of them though - they've been poor and likely no better than some of the young players in our own teams who have been denied first team opportunities as a result. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

In the case of Harvey Elliott he was good for both clubs because he was such a fine player, and it's clear from his performances and his comments that he enjoyed playing for Rovers. I really enjoyed watching him - and other excellent loanees such as Tosin, Reed and Harwood-Bellis too

I agree about some of them though - they've been poor and likely no better than some of the young players in our own teams who have been denied first team opportunities as a result. 

But who, in your opinion,did the Elliot loan benefit the most Rovers or liverpool ?

Edited by rigger

20 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I think the model is to sell players before their contract expires. If Siggy, Dolan and Gally, who all have 1 year left, indicate they won’t sign another contract then they’ll have to be sold. Sammie will leave as soon a someone puts in an acceptable bid. 

so it looks like being a big rebuilding job up front this summer, unless the players with only a year left sign new contracts. Even so, we’d still need a sammie replacement plus a striker and winger at the very least. 

"Forwards are coming"

32 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Every new signing is a gamble but give me a player who has come up the hard way anytime. They are usually hungry and that goes a long way in my opinion. Some of the Academy graduates are entitled and appear to think the game owes them a living. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Every new signing is a gamble but give me a player who has come up the hard way anytime. They are usually hungry and that goes a long way in my opinion. Some of the Academy graduates are entitled and appear to think the game owes them a living. 

100%

See John Buckley. 

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If they are good enough, then it does. 

40 minutes ago, Inferi said:

If Tyjon develops into a good player we might see a small fee in the future when he leaves like Ashley Phillips? A fee that would not be reinvested into the squad. Very good news?

Tyjon looks promising so far. I think he will be first team squad this coming season  

I took the good news that he wants to stay here and play first team football