BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (h) - 09/03/2024

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

No, no, no.

The record of Eusless is 7 very, very winnable games, NO WINS and a measly 5 points.

Think he's a man out of his depth.  Speaks in cliches allied to copious amounts of bullsh1t.

Today showed, IMO, he's tactically useless.

Carry on like this and we'll think Coyle was Pep.

We are in the deepest shyte possible.

Bold action needed - sack him and let Johnson continue with the work he started against Stoke!!!

Harris has 3 wins and 1 draw in 4 matches since returning to Millwall.  That's a new manager bounce - a guy who can motivate and organise his players.  Eusless is too pally, pally - you can see this in interviews the way he refers to players.  I bet the players love him!!!  Like a feckin holiday camp IMO.

Mercer,

I'm not interested in what Harris has done at Millwall but since Eustace arrived we have 2 times come from behind to draw at Home in the league. Did we ever do that under JDT? Very rare and I was a big fan of JDT but he did have his own flaws that he couldn't get Rovers coming from behind to draw or even win from losing positions at home. 

Who gives a shit a fucking Coyle? the guy was a embarrassment to even been appointed as Rovers manager after being a dingle. You even mentioning again and again is a joke. nothing more

Johnson has said Publicly that Eustace and Gardiner had a big part to play in the gameplan against Stoke. One of the reason why I think he should be credited with some of the win against and the fact he didn't sit by in the stand when we need leader on the touchline but actually got of his ass and got his hands dirty and led from the touchline. 

We aren't in deepest shite at all. We are 3 points clear from the bottom 3 and we had a new head coach who has had very little time on the training pitch with these players. The next 3 weeks we will see this and he can actually get to work along with Downing, Gardiner and Johnson to implement his own tactical ideas and plans.  

11 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I do always admire your positivity but it's very hard to put a positive spin on the situation.

I don't blame Eustace at all, I think he's a good manager but there's no doubt he's had very little impact on results so far. The squad of players he has to work with though is awful so I don't blame him. He's also not had a full week on the training ground yet so it's not his fault. JDT is a very good coach and he couldn't get anything out of this squad either once the games came thick and fast. I completely blame the owners for all of this. 

I have my own thoughts and opinions on the situation. 

I don't think the squad is that awful if everyone is fit and actually think it is top half squad at least if not more but we seen players like Ayari proved in some games that he is actually good technical player who will actually put made tackles. he is part of that. We all know that we lack experience at the start of the season at centre back area, pace in the team and up front where we lack that proven striker. In January we bought in McFadzean who gives us experience at the back but we are expecting him to play too much now. Also in January, we sign a striker who would have given us goals in the team in Duncan McGuire but someone at the club forget to send the paperwork through on time. He has scored goals since he has returned to Orlando and I doubt we will sign him in the summer cos I think they will be bigger clubs after him now. Rovers have lost out there big time on a quality player but also a future transfer fee

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Some good points Chaddy. Eustace should have spotted McFadzean was too slow in first half and done something about it. First ten minutes and our keeper hadn't touch the ball. Then we scored, should have had two but then they realised how poor our defense is and with us down to 10 & all stats heavily agains us Plymouth should have won.

Agree no need for booing, the team played to their abililities and deserved credit for holding on to a point. I don't agree with Venkys non show etc but on match days players need our support.

No doubt who player of the season is and I doubt if Sammie will be at Ewood next season.

We should have been 2 nil up and how Sigurdsson didn't score I don't know. It was simple chance after watching this morning highlights. Also McFadzean was a clear red card but Eustace could have done 2 things, taken McFadzean off for Hedges or Chrisene or drop the back 5 from playing such a high line cos Plymouth exploited thins all game after 15 mins. 

On the booing, I don't get the full time one cos those players worked hard and tried the best all game. Plymouth exploited us and played some good football which they should be credit for. 

On the Ash Philips booing, I can understand what @Leonard Venkhaterhas said about him and his agent forcing the club into a low fee asking price otherwise they wouldn't sign a new contract and he would have worked away for peanuts. 

On next season squad, We need pace, goals and experience signings in the summer to improve this squad, and also hope that Szmodics does stay here but he will clearly have potential clubs interested in him as a player 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have my own thoughts and opinions on the situation. 

I don't think the squad is that awful if everyone is fit and actually think it is top half squad at least if not more but we seen players like Ayari proved in some games that he is actually good technical player who will actually put made tackles. he is part of that. We all know that we lack experience at the start of the season at centre back area, pace in the team and up front where we lack that proven striker. In January we bought in McFadzean who gives us experience at the back but we are expecting him to play too much now. Also in January, we sign a striker who would have given us goals in the team in Duncan McGuire but someone at the club forget to send the paperwork through on time. He has scored goals since he has returned to Orlando and I doubt we will sign him in the summer cos I think they will be bigger clubs after him now. Rovers have lost out there big time on a quality player but also a future transfer fee

Fair enough with what you want to say I guess, but do you actually really believe we forgot to send the paper work for McGuire? Any idea who it might have been that forgot and any idea why no one seems to have been disciplined for it?

Also, given what you have said with the squad and the manager, in your opinion how many wins do you think he will get from the remaining games?

I think he will get no more than one and will not be that surprised to see none. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Seems a fair few of the team are on the piss in Manchester, including some who claim to be injured. We're royally having the piss taken our of us

Maybe trying to get a bit of team spirit between the players or it might have been a player birthday bash they were attend. Until we actually know the circumstances of the event very unwise to speculate or pass comments without the facts. 

Who were the players out then?

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

ST sales will be substantially down next season, but of course they’ll be far higher than 2k. Morecambe have more ST holders than that.

We will, however, be back to the 2021 nadir of under 7,000. But I’m sure Swag will still find a way of hitting his stretch targets.

2 people I worked with didn't attend yesterday cos they were going to Boxing night in Preston. 

Also about 10 ST holders wasn't there yesterday aswell. 

10 hours ago, superniko said:

He inherited a team that was pretty much mid table, about 12 points (or close to that ?) above the drop and finished outside the playoffs by goal difference last season 

That had won 2 in how long? 

Tomasson's last 11 games brought 2 points, since he left it's 8 from 8 games. Maybe not a bounce, but at least there's a bit of air back in it. 

We were going down under Tomasson, but at least we knew about the bus. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

You’re deluded Chaddy lad

There is no way this budget Tony Pulis has any tactical acumen. A good coach would implement his ideas from Day 1 on the job. Remember when Mark Hughes came in and we drew 2-2 with Villa at Ewood and you could instantly see a better team.

Its funny that cos Mark Hughes first game was Portsmouth at home which we won 1 nil with Matt Jansen scoring the winner, 

the Villa game was 2 weeks later and Hughes had 2 full weeks with the squad on the training field. 

That’s not the case with Eusless. The only tactics we’ve seen so far are “hit it long to the big man” which is crazy given both our goalkeepers can’t kick it straight & the big man is an absolute donkey who can’t direct his flick ons and doesn’t have a first touch.

Rubbish. Did we not scoring a goal from not kicking long to Gallagher or at Preston? 

When we have a goal kick and fine kick it long up to Gallagher or whoever and get the defence up the pitch

Eusless is out of his depth and from what I’ve seen so far, a significant step backwards and he’s taking us down to League One with the fixtures we have remaining. 

Well we see won't we. 

Hope I’m proved wrong but the toxic positivity coming out of the club & fans like yourself doesn’t help one bit. We’re sleepwalking towards relegation with this approach. What we need is a bit of realism and for the players to roll up their sleeves & play for the shirt. Unfortunately we have a squad full of soft arses and aside from Szmodics, I don’t think any of them have the professional pride to really care.

Toxic Positivity? Fans like myself? cos I look at life and every situation in a positive mindset or half glass full approach instead of half empty approach. 

The Players rolled their sleeves yesterday and got us a point after playing with 10 men for 40 mins. Yes we would all like 3 points but given the game changing circumstances with the red card and the way Plymouth played with such width and movement. 

16 minutes ago, lraC said:

Fair enough with what you want to say I guess, but do you actually really believe we forgot to send the paper work for McGuire? Any idea who it might have been that forgot and any idea why no one seems to have been disciplined for it?

Don't know unless I was in the room. 

Maybe @K-Hod or @only2garners can asked this question at the next fans forum whether anyone has been disciplined or sack for this incident. 

16 minutes ago, lraC said:

Also, given what you have said with the squad and the manager, in your opinion how many wins do you think he will get from the remaining games?

I think he will get no more than one and will not be that surprised to see none. 

I think we will get another 10 points from the remaining games and stay up

50 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Of course anything can happen and there 27 points still to play for but right now we are in a rut with so many players lacking confidence and a seemingly one dimensional approach. After the Newcastle match I thought we'd turned a corner and confidence would return. But since then, except for the Swansea second half we have been awful and garnered two points from three winnable games. Looking at the last nine games I honestly don't see more than six points. On paper there might be a few worse teams but I see in them some fight, desire and determination. I simply don't see that in us.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but out of interest where do you think we'll get the points from to stay up?

I think Wednesday and stoke (despite recent results) will finish with Rotherham in the bottom 3. I just think on balance there are worse teams than us in the league and come may we will survive on that basis. Not good but although we aren’t winning we’re picking up points here and there with these draws. If we lost every week different story 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't know unless I was in the room. 

Maybe @K-Hod or @only2garners can asked this question at the next fans forum whether anyone has been disciplined or sack for this incident. 

I think we will get another 10 points from the remaining games and stay up

Thanks.

I think we will get 4 or less and go down. Hope like hell you are correct though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe trying to get a bit of team spirit between the players or it might have been a player birthday bash they were attend. Until we actually know the circumstances of the event very unwise to speculate or pass comments without the facts. 

Who were the players out then?

2 people I worked with didn't attend yesterday cos they were going to Boxing night in Preston. 

Also about 10 ST holders wasn't there yesterday aswell. 

In the picture I got sent Szmodics, Pickering, JRC and Buckley.

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

In the picture I got sent Szmodics, Pickering, JRC and Buckley.

Could it been that they went out in Manchester for Callum Brittain's birthday which is on Tuesday? 

hardly breaking news is it? 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Could it been that they went out in Manchester for Callum Brittain's birthday which is on Tuesday? 

Who cares what players do in their spare time! its what they do on the pitch that matters. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't have thought so given he wasn't there 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

I wouldn't have thought so given he wasn't there 🤣

You got sent a pic with 4 players on it. That's it. You don't know why they were out in Manchester do you? 

Also why does it matter? aren't footballers actually entitle to go out for few drinks or a meal out on a weekend? different if it 24 hours before a game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaveyB said:

Well, thank God that wasn’t a must-win game, eh? Otherwise we’d really be in the shit. But this manager knows better, we don’t need to actually win games, we’ll just try and grind out a few more draws and pray that there’s a couple of teams worse than us. What could possibly go wrong?!?

I didn’t see the match today (thank God) and so I might be completely wrong, but reading on here and twitter it seems like we set up all wrong yet again and were second best at home to a fellow struggler.
Which, if so, should be the final straw as far as this manager is concerned. 

He wasted the games against Birmingham and Cardiff by trying to play too direct and, despite 5 years of evidence, believing that Sam Gallagher could turn into Kevin Davies (Bolton edition) overnight. 
And now he’s wasted the games against Millwall and Plymouth by persisting with 5 at the back and nullifying our own attack. 

Honestly, I’d fire him tonight and let Damien Johnson have this week, plus the international break, to try and get us firing. 

I know it won’t happen, but I can dream! At least with McFadz suspended he might finally ditch the 5 at the back next week - although I suspect I’m going to end up disappointed on that score too

Despite the awful run we were on, I never once considered relegation a real worry under JDT. We were losing, badly sometimes, but we were still creating chances and playing some good football and I am certain that with players returning and had he been backed in January, we would have ended top half. Given Swag’s intervention in all things, we now look certain to drop into the League one abyss.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You got sent a pic with 4 players on it. That's it. You don't know why they were out in Manchester do you? 

Also why does it matter? aren't footballers actually entitle to go out for few drinks or a meal out on a weekend? different if it 24 hours before a game. 

Not in the mood for you chaddy so ill leave you to shit rainbows and turd polish all day.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, lraC said:

Greg the egg working to do deals, in blissful ignorance of financial parameters and Venkys / Swag pulling the plug.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, M_B said:

That had won 2 in how long? 

Tomasson's last 11 games brought 2 points, since he left it's 8 from 8 games. Maybe not a bounce, but at least there's a bit of air back in it. 

We were going down under Tomasson, but at least we knew about the bus. 

He would have taken us into the play offs, and posssibly up last year, with a modicum of backing in January. Before depletion of a paper thin squad through injuries, we were on the cusp of the play offs and playing the best football at Ewood for many a year, this on a financial shoestring. Yes, we were on a horror run but no way would we have gone down under JDT, we would have won matches and finished top half.

• Like 3