BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (h) - 09/03/2024

ST sales will be substantially down next season, but of course they’ll be far higher than 2k. Morecambe have more ST holders than that.

We will, however, be back to the 2021 nadir of under 7,000. But I’m sure Swag will still find a way of hitting his stretch targets.

Edited by Mattyblue

22 minutes ago, superniko said:

You just keep blabbing on about how we were the better team and should have been in the lead and unlucky, you must be asleep and dreaming through the 90 minutes. Clueless. 

You still yapping on and having imaginary conversations with me!? 

I literally haven't said any of those things that you are stating I've said 😅😅 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No issue with booing at full time. Another poor performance and 2 wins in 18 or 19 games, people are pissed off and understandably so.

Booing Phillips, maybe a bit petty. He moved to a big club, he wasnt playing here and he is now playing regularly out on loan on a considerably bigger salary.

The reaction that was difficult to comprehend was the applause to McFadzean after he just cost us so badly. 

Nah. Philips shafted the club, who nurtured his development. He can fck off. He got off lightly.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, superniko said:

This was my favourite. You’re a WUM point blank.
Saying JDT was as manipulative as Kean.

Open your eyes.  

IMG_4035.jpeg

You are a bit stalkery! 

I know my wording isn't always great! but you seem intent on just reading whatever suits you in my comments/thoughts. 

Other posters have already started comparing Eustace to kean! You going to pull them up aswell or does that not suit your petulant little vendetta 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

What worried me the most today is that we just don't seem to be learning. We keep on playing the same way even though we have looked unconvincing game after game... 

The way we setup was great for the first 10 but then Plymouth figured out they could just play it down the sides of us or over the top and we couldnt cope.

Most games its a marginal thing to decide if to change up but today it was blindingly obvious we needed some combination of a back four, playing deeper and/or an extra man in midfield.

That Eustace didnt respond until the sending off forced his hand really concerns me.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Nah. Philips shafted the club, who nurtured his development. He can fck off. He got off lightly.

He left to join a big Premier League club who are in Europe, on I am assuming a much bigger contract. Most sane people would take a similar jump if offered. He is also now getting more football than he was here, albeit on loan.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He left to join a big Premier League club who are in Europe, on I am assuming a much bigger contract. Most sane people would take a similar jump if offered. He is also now getting more football than he was here, albeit on loan.

Surely, he could have ensured Rovers got a better deal.

All that stuff about his looking forward to coming back and meeting old friends made me want to puke.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

Adam Wharton largely made the same move but handled his contract properly to make sure the club was looked after. Philips did us over as soon as he could, which was always his and his agents intention. Zero loyalty to Rovers.

• Like 7

I'm sure it has been mentioned on here but I saw a stat on twitter that really does show why the home supporters are getting really pissed off. Since 15/3/23 at Ewood

Played 24

Won 6 

Drawn 8

Lost 10

75% of teams coming to Ewood have left with something. I knew it had been bad but I was genuinely shocked it was so bad.

Edited by cesus
  • Like 4

Well, thank God that wasn’t a must-win game, eh? Otherwise we’d really be in the shit. But this manager knows better, we don’t need to actually win games, we’ll just try and grind out a few more draws and pray that there’s a couple of teams worse than us. What could possibly go wrong?!?

I didn’t see the match today (thank God) and so I might be completely wrong, but reading on here and twitter it seems like we set up all wrong yet again and were second best at home to a fellow struggler.
Which, if so, should be the final straw as far as this manager is concerned. 

He wasted the games against Birmingham and Cardiff by trying to play too direct and, despite 5 years of evidence, believing that Sam Gallagher could turn into Kevin Davies (Bolton edition) overnight. 
And now he’s wasted the games against Millwall and Plymouth by persisting with 5 at the back and nullifying our own attack. 

Honestly, I’d fire him tonight and let Damien Johnson have this week, plus the international break, to try and get us firing. 

I know it won’t happen, but I can dream! At least with McFadz suspended he might finally ditch the 5 at the back next week - although I suspect I’m going to end up disappointed on that score too

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

I've never understood the standing ovations for a player getting red carded, I guess it's a fairly good representation of our fan base... heads in the sand, pretending we aren't being mismanaged and hoping for the best.

Operation "keep my job" (Waggott and co.) regardless of results and league status is almost complete. What a loser he is.

League One was signed, sealed and delivered today.

It was signed off before the start of the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Think Damien Johnson would do a better job than Eustace...knows the players ,good at tactics...loves the club .

None of which are qualities that the Rovers hierachy look for.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No issue with booing at full time. Another poor performance and 2 wins in 18 or 19 games, people are pissed off and understandably so.

Booing Phillips, maybe a bit petty. He moved to a big club, he wasnt playing here and he is now playing regularly out on loan on a considerably bigger salary.

The reaction that was difficult to comprehend was the applause to McFadzean after he just cost us so badly. 

You’d bet your arse yes he’s be playing here over the debacle that was our back 3 today. 

So I am a little confused. We didn't get the Sunderland chap because he was over 30. Then all of a sudden we get two over 30 year olds in this window. One is out for the season and the other banned because he is a trifle slow. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

ST sales will be substantially down next season, but of course they’ll be far higher than 2k. Morecambe have more ST holders than that.

We will, however, be back to the 2021 nadir of under 7,000. But I’m sure Swag will still find a way of hitting his stretch targets.

At this point it might even be better to get relegated for the sake of sales, at least folk might get to see a few wins! IF we somehow manage to stay up it'd be a Rotherham-esque shit show with no Szmodics next season, not really gonna set pulses racing.

2 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

So I am a little confused. We didn't get the Sunderland chap because he was over 30. Then all of a sudden we get two over 30 year olds in this window. One is out for the season and the other banned because he is a trifle slow. 

Because of ‘the model’… oh, there never was one after all? Who’d have thought it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Michael123458 said:

Fair play for your post pal you spoke some truths in there and hats off for stating a few facts BUT we are a long time off league one yet still around 10 games left anything can/could happen. I know we weren’t really at the races today but it’s far to early to talk about league one. Once again  fair play for your post and your opinion but I Genuinely believe there’s far worse teams in this league. 

Of course anything can happen and there 27 points still to play for but right now we are in a rut with so many players lacking confidence and a seemingly one dimensional approach. After the Newcastle match I thought we'd turned a corner and confidence would return. But since then, except for the Swansea second half we have been awful and garnered two points from three winnable games. Looking at the last nine games I honestly don't see more than six points. On paper there might be a few worse teams but I see in them some fight, desire and determination. I simply don't see that in us.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but out of interest where do you think we'll get the points from to stay up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Is Hayden Carter back for Good Friday?

Carter is by far the biggest miss of the injured players. His pace would have certainly been beneficial yesterday as Plymouth targeted and exploited our sloth like centre halves. I spoke to him outside Deepdale and he said his hamstring had torn and it was a minimum six weeks. I suggested that was his season done and he nodded in agreement.

The stupid thing is, you don't NEED pace to be a decent centre half, obviously it helps like. You adjust your game accordingly and your manager doesn't try and play high. He did, it cost us multiple times, he didn't adjust and it ultimately led to a red card. Absolute basics done wrong.

• Like 2