BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (h) - 09/03/2024

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Even Kean and Coyle won games!!!

Atm, after 8 games in charge, Eusless has a win % of ZERO - let that sink in.

I am struggling to think of any newly appointed Rovers' who after 8 games had yet to record a win.

I think we've appointed a dud and the mood  music ain't good.

Think you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Mercer, I have nothing to my post you have reply to and I stand by that your comments linking him to Kean and Coyle is totally embarrassment and you should be ashamed to even post such drivel!!!

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

the Villa game was 2 weeks later and Hughes had 2 full weeks with the squad on the training field. 

Conveniently ignoring a League Cup Tie & a League match in between. Like I said, deluded. 

To be fair, you can see the difference under Eustace, it’s just a massively sh*t one!

Rubbish. Did we not scoring a goal from not kicking long to Gallagher or at Preston? 

When we have a goal kick and fine kick it long up to Gallagher or whoever and get the defence up the pitch

We have scored going long yes but it didn’t work yesterday. We either lost possession directly or the Ghost kicked it straight out of play on 5 occasions. 

If Gallagher plays as a central number 10 with Szmodics running in behind, as for the first goal against Preston, it may work. But now it’s 5 at the back, even at home, with Gallagher out wide, which we already know he can’t do. This continued when Hedges came on & we kept gifting it back to Plymouth. It was purely by good fortune they weren’t able to create a 2nd goal and for me they throughly deserved to win that game.

The Players rolled their sleeves yesterday and got us a point after playing with 10 men for 40 mins. Yes we would all like 3 points but given the game changing circumstances with the red card

Toxic positivity…aka quoting the club propaganda. Steve Kean…is that you?!

IMG_5666.jpeg

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

boring Booth. nothing new from you. I want to Rovers to be successful even tho that dingle was in charge. why would any Rovers fan not want success? 

Course it's nothing new because we're talking about your hypocrite past.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Conveniently ignoring a League Cup Tie & a League match in between. Like I said, deluded. 

To be fair, you can see the difference under Eustace, it’s just a massively sh*t one!

The league game we lost at Charlton and lost to Bournemouth on penalties. 

Hughes won his first game then lost 3 out of next 4 games with drawing the other one. Its is worth remembering that Hughes only won 2 of his first 10 games with losing 3 and drawing 5 of them

We have scored going long yes but it didn’t work yesterday. We either lost possession directly or the Ghost kicked it straight out of play on 5 occasions. 

So what the answer then? 

If Gallagher plays as a central number 10 with Szmodics running in behind, as for the first goal against Preston, it may work. But now it’s 5 at the back, even at home, with Gallagher out wide, which we already know he can’t do. This continued when Hedges came on & we kept gifting it back to Plymouth. It was purely by good fortune they weren’t able to create a 2nd goal and for me they throughly deserved to win that game.

Gallagher played wide left at Preston with Szmodics central and Dolan on the right. 

Plymouth cut us open a number of times in the first half cos we were way too high and Hardie could just run in behind McFadzean and Wharton at will. 

Toxic positivity…aka quoting the club propaganda. Steve Kean…is that you?!

Embarrassing that. Its called different opinions on different subjects

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, London blue said:

You don't even have the conviction in your beliefs to pick out two wins. That says it all.

Haha. 

At least I know we will stay up. I have faith in Eustace and these players. Simple as. 

If you don't faith and don't think we will stay fine but that's your opinion. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So what the answer then? 

Play to the strengths of Szmodics, keep the ball on the floor & play through the midfield with the quality on the ball of Buckley Ayari & Siggy.

Worked perfectly v Plymouth until we kept gifting them possession by kicking it long which allowed them back into the game. Then they totally dominated, before and after the red card. Forshaw in the middle the park was particularly strong. They outplayed, out thought & outfought us.

Eustace needs to play to win. All I’m seeing so far is safety first football with the handbrake firmly on. Maybe that’s his plan, to grind out draws and scrape a win here and there to stay up. It’s not the kind of football I want to watch us playing though and if we carry on as we are, even more fans will be turned away.

I believe we do have the quality in the squad to play a better brand of football so hopefully with a full week of training before the Boro game he can do something different. The jury is out on that from what I’ve seen so far.

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haha. 

At least I know we will stay up. I have faith in Eustace and these players. Simple as. 

Ok well as long as you know we'll stay up, why didn't you say?

We'll see how far your faith has carried us come the end of the season. 

44 minutes ago, London blue said:

It's like the witnesses knocking on your door. Best off hiding in your kitchen.

Eustace is the Messiah! Behold... The point against Plymouth!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's was childish and pathetic time after time. 

Yes it was. Some of your wumming during the Coyle fiasco was legendary.

Using one of your own words. Pathetic. Winding up your fellow fans when we were heading down to L1.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, London blue said:

The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is their deception.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haha. 

Bet you wont put your house on us staying up

5 hours ago, Giant said:

But its fans don’t. I’ll never understand why any fan would want their club to be relegated.

Call me bitter but I would argue some do, the happy clappers that think all is OK and pretend we have great owners. They deserve it.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haha. 

Oh you know the future now? Incredible. Can I have this week's winning lottery numbers please?

What bothers me most and is why we will go down, this team seems to have little heart, no fight no siege mentality.

They just do not look up for a relegation scrap.  We look toothless up front, tighter at the back but still prone to howlers.  We look more like relegation fodder than any other team I have seen this season.

I just do not see how Chaddy can be so confident we stay up, love him to be right but I do not see it.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

Our pretty much play off level points haul to December has done most of the heavy lifting. If we do survive it will be by just about scraping enough draws and an odd win thrown in to scramble to 50 points.

Edited by Mattyblue

On 09/03/2024 at 18:39, Andy said:

I genuinely couldn't get past the first sentence of that post-match interview:

'The effort the group put in to limit them to very few chances was amazing'

Does he think that the game was played behind closed doors?
We saw Plymouth have about 17 efforts on goal with our own eyes - and they should have been out of sight by HT.

Baffling.

Jesus Christ...

According to the stats on google, Plymouth had 21 shots, 7 of them on target. Premier League Newcastle had less! In fact in the league, the last time another team had more than 11 against us was the Preston game on 17th Feb (16 shots). In what universe is 21 shots and making your keeper perform 6 saves 'very few chances'?

Preston was also the last time we had such a horrific pass completion rate (59%). In all other games inbetween we've had over 70%.

• Like 1