BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (h) - 09/03/2024

Well the new gaffer isn't concerned with winning so the question is will we draw or lose?

My prediction at this stage of the season is we will be relegated this year and relegated the next.

All hail our chicken overlords and the marvellous things they have done for this club.

• Like 2

FFS let us hope that Eustace and the players make this a "at least we'll try hard to win" game and not just go through the motions.

Siggy deserves a start and so does Garrett.

Can the budget stretch to getting Leo a pair of hands, he doesn't seem to have any.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Well the new gaffer isn't concerned with winning so the question is will we draw or lose?

My prediction at this stage of the season is we will be relegated this year and relegated the next.

All hail our chicken overlords and the marvellous things they have done for this club.

Yes, we are on the way to L1, then L2 and then beyond UNLESS we can get shut of the scumbag twats from Board level up to and most certainly including the vermin in Pune.

• Like 5

• K-Hod pinned this topic

Probably an after match interview from the manager, lauding another well earned point.

He stated after last night, if you can’t win, make sure you don’t lose.

There was no reason why we couldn’t win last night, other than the mentality, so hopefully he has learned some lessons and will make us more offensive.

Plymouth will be happy with a point, so let’s do all we can to make them unhappy.

My prediction is 0-0 with 2 shots on target from us. 

• Like 1

I really haven't got a clue how this will go. Will Eustace play his favoured five at the back and allow us to be overrun in midfield? Will Dolan and Gallagher start after shocking performances last night? Will we put corners into the penalty area? Will Hyam make a tackle?

This will just be a rinse and repeat of that dross from last night;

- 5 at the back against a team around us.
- no will to win.
- no urgency to go forward.
- just make sure we don't lose.

0-0 draw.

Apart from Sammie and Scotty, the rest of these players just don't give a shit. You have a bunch of them who aren't good enough and just enjoying the ride, then another bunch who are good enough but genuinely don't care, as they'll happily be sold on the cheap and shipped off as soon as we go down.

They need to fight for the badge while they wear it. They may be able to fuck off when shit hits the fan, but us loyal supporters will always be here... they need to show us and our Club some respect, and be willing to die for the 3 points.

• Like 1

Pity we are unable to rekindle the spirit of 1975 when Lee's aces came back from 2-0 down to beat Argyle in a 5-2 thriller at Ewood.  Hickman (£10,000 signing from Grimsby) who netted a brace wasn't a great player but feck me, he was 100 times more effective than Gallagher.

Sounds like Brittain wont be playing and neither will Tronstad according to one of our posters whose brother is a Tronstad neighbour (sorry, can't recall who) and isn't @arbitroalso saying Pears out (what's wrong with him?).  Must say, surprised SS got through the match last night as at one stage seemed like he needed to come off (looked like groin to me).

Think we will see on Saturday whether Eusless has any nous and spunk.  Not holding my breath. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Another must not lose. 

I understand the frustrations but this is the reality of our situation. 

We must not lose against fellow travellers in distress.

I would like to see us taking more shots on the basis of if you don't buy a ticket, you won't win the lottery.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

FFS let us hope that Eustace and the players make this a "at least we'll try hard to win" game and not just go through the motions.

Siggy deserves a start and so does Garrett.

Can the budget stretch to getting Leo a pair of hands, he doesn't seem to have any.

Do those 2 deserve a start? Sigurdsson made a simple pass for the goal but got lucky after his initial pass was terrible and gifted back to him and it was another half arsed performance. And Garrett struggled and lost the ball for their goal.

Although to be fair, only Szmodics deserves a start. The other 10 are more a case of who is the least undeserving.

13 minutes ago, philipl said:

Another must not lose. 

I understand the frustrations but this is the reality of our situation. 

We must not lose against fellow travellers in distress.

I would like to see us taking more shots on the basis of if you don't buy a ticket, you won't win the lottery.

Its a must win. 

• Like 2

Sure the fixture list looks intimidating but the position Rovers are in makes us the sort of fixture clubs pushing for promotion really don't like. Plus the chances are we will raise our game with Carter, JRC and Hedges back from injury....

If you gave me a draw now or 50/50 win/defeat, I take the draw because Plymouth are one of the more likely clubs to do worse than us in the run in.

So must not lose rather than a must win.

Must win would be if we were starting on Saturday 2 points below 21st, not 2 points above 22nd.

But of course a win would be very very welcome and apt compensation for playing them off Home Park and losing 3-0 under JDT. That Hedges miss!!!

Edited by philipl

This set of bottle jobs are going down regardless of a win here. Embarrassing form and relegation would be perfectly deserved... in particular for Waggott, who won't lose any sleep over it.

Venky's Out!

We've won two out of seventeen is it. Winning is a habit, so is not winning.

The longer we wait for the next win, the more likely it is that we're going down. For some reason in thought we were away to Plymouth. But we're actually at home. If we can't beat Plymouth at home then I think we deserve everything coming our way

• Like 3

We cannot cannot cannot go into this game and just do the same. Let's try and show something different. With Leo in goal we have to remain three at the back, anything else is suicidal. But at least we can try and do something to better link up defence and midfield. Team for me : 

Leo

Hyam     McFadz     Wharton 

Brittain   Tronstad  Buckley   Ayeri    Pickering

Sigurdsson    Szmodics 

Try and get the ball through midfield and pick passes. Hopefully dropping Gallagher will help our link up play. Get the wide players further up the pitch. At least having the option to bring on Dolan and Gallagher late in the game will give us more legs when the opposition is tiring.

If we start Gallagher, Szmodics and Dolan all again as a three I give up.

Does anyone know if Tronstad will be fit and when JRC and Carter are back?

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Pity we are unable to rekindle the spirit of 1975 when Lee's aces came back from 2-0 down to beat Argyle in a 5-2 thriller at Ewood.  Hickman (£10,000 signing from Grimsby) who netted a brace wasn't a great player but feck me, he was 100 times more effective than Gallagher.

Sounds like Brittain wont be playing and neither will Tronstad according to one of our posters whose brother is a Tronstad neighbour (sorry, can't recall who) and isn't @arbitroalso saying Pears out (what's wrong with him?).  Must say, surprised SS got through the match last night as at one stage seemed like he needed to come off (looked like groin to me).

Think we will see on Saturday whether Eusless has any nous and spunk.  Not holding my breath. 

It was me Mercer who posted about Tronstad.

I was there by the way for the 5-2 in 1975. It remains the best game I have ever seen, live or on TV and what would I give for effort and passion like that, this weekend.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

We cannot cannot cannot go into this game and just do the same. Let's try and show something different. With Leo in goal we have to remain three at the back, anything else is suicidal. But at least we can try and do something to better link up defence and midfield. Team for me : 

Leo

Hyam     McFadz     Wharton 

Brittain   Tronstad  Buckley   Ayeri    Pickering

Sigurdsson    Szmodics 

Try and get the ball through midfield and pick passes. Hopefully dropping Gallagher will help our link up play. Get the wide players further up the pitch. At least having the option to bring on Dolan and Gallagher late in the game will give us more legs when the opposition is tiring.

If we start Gallagher, Szmodics and Dolan all again as a three I give up.

Does anyone know if Tronstad will be fit and when JRC and Carter are back?

Tronstad will not be fit, I am afraid.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lraC said:

It was me Mercer who posted about Tronstad.

I was there by the way for the 5-2 in 1975. It remains the best game I have ever seen, live or on TV and what would I give for effort and passion like that, this weekend.

That was the first game I ever went to.

Wishful thinking, but as you say, oh for some of that effort and desire this coming Saturday.

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

That was the first game I ever went to.

Wishful thinking, but as you say, oh for some of that effort and desire this coming Saturday.

What a belter for your first game.

It can only ever go downhill from there.

• Like 1

Just now, broadsword said:

Perhaps he's willing to select him even so. Controversial 

I very much doubt it. He is out for 4 weeks in total and that come direct from the player.