BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (h) - 09/03/2024

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I think the idea has come from us conceding a lot less goals.

Thats the sort of logic that loads of this board were saying about the team, its set-up and how much we’d improved after a few early undeserved draws… by that I mean brushing over the wider picture of the quality of team we’ve faced + the extra CB yet still not looking better defensively. 

I could equally counter that we conceded 1 less goal against those 6 teams faced under JDT. See your tiny sample size is either factually incorrect or statistically useless (we also did so whilst scoring 6 more goals - 1 extra goal per match)

To summarise, no we do not look more solid / harder to breakdown / more of unit etc etc at all 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, scotchrover said:

I’ve just heard Pears is out on Saturday, which means Leo’s in goal. If that’s the case, I’ll be going to the pub instead of Ewood. 

Whilst Leo has been poor overall, I thought he was fine on Tues.

Some good starting positions, handling and distribution all fine.

Expect better for their goal (obviously), but the defenders have to take the bulk of the blame for that one.

Feel some are a bit too harsh on him.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Whilst Leo has been poor overall, I thought he was fine on Tues.

Some good starting positions, handling and distribution all fine.

Expect better for their goal (obviously), but the defenders have to take the bulk of the blame for that one.

Feel some are a bit too harsh on him.

Andy  I'll be honest mate  most of your posts I like as they're usually well balanced,  but come on, Leo is a disaster waiting to happen.

Yeah he was OK on Tues cos he had fuck all to do. The one thing he had to do was literally stand still. The ball would've hit him him the face & job done.

Yes, the defending was crap, but it was an easy save in the end.

And yes, before anyone trawls back through my posts, I was one calling for him to be given a go as "he can't be any worse than Pears". Well his is! Dog shit in fact. If that's harsh, then so be it.

I'll bring my gloves on Sat. I'm nearly 49 but I can stop a shot right at me, even without my glasses on! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RTM08 said:

Maybe it's his current comments but if we do go down I'd want Eustace nowhere near a League One campaign - I honestly can't understand what it is that has him so highly regarded at St Andrews.

In any case, if we end up in league one it needs a full reset, with Waggott and Broughton gone. We won't be coming back next season without a miracle.

On the game on Saturday, all the noises coming out of the team seem to be trying to offload all of the pressure onto the fans, which considering the run we're on is only going to backfire if they don't turn up again. I get that the fans in general are not in the best of moods at the moment, but that's why it require the likes of Hyam and Szmodics to motivate the team to give the fans a reason to make some noise. That isn't tapping it around the back for half an hour, it's actually going for it in arguably our only winnable game left.

Rovers 1-1 Plymouth

Those players can fuck right off.

I had given them a lot of slack in all of this given the off field carnage but I've had enough now.

They are an absolute disgrace to the club. They are the weakest and shittest squad I have ever seen at this club. Now I see it's the fans fault that they are shit. Fuck off you bunch of soft cunts.

I have no time for them at all and their weak as piss cowardly performances and their crybaby antics.

The reason we lose so many games, can't come back from a goal down and are generally shit at every aspect of the game is down to the shit cowardly weak players we have. Fuck the lot of them. They aren't deserving of wearing our colours.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 2

I'd like to think that his 'not a must win' comment is designed to try and take the pressure off the players. If it isn't then Eustace is really was dull as he sounds.

38 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'd like to think that his 'not a must win' comment is designed to try and take the pressure off the players. If it isn't then Eustace is really was dull as he sounds.

Can you imagine Klopp or Pep ever coming out with a statement like that!?

Understand what you mean by trying to take the pressure off the players but in my book, it's just another excuse for the players if they don't win - 'relax, it's okay, the gaffer said it was not a must win'.

This, IMO, shower of shyte group of players masquerading as footballers need a huge rude awakening Fergie / Souey style.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

I suspect, or hope, that the public message is rather different to the private one.

I personally don't care if he comes across as dull - or wears a perma-grin for that matter - as long as he starts winning games. 

• Like 2

We’re actually odds on for this match, whilst I was aware Plymouth were in a bit of free-fall themselves, they must be rated very poorly. 
We really need 3 points, they look like the team as likely as ourselves to drop into the bottom 3. 
We’d all love a bit of breathing space going into the international break if we can grab a point at Boro too. 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Can you imagine Klopp or Pep ever coming out with a statement like that!?

Understand what you mean by trying to take the pressure off the players but in my book, it's just another excuse for the players if they don't win - 'relax, it's okay, the gaffer said it was not a must win'.

This, IMO, shower of shyte group of players masquerading as footballers need a huge rude awakening Fergie / Souey style.

Souness would have another heart attack dealing with that bunch of soft twats.

Crying about getting a few boos from the crowd. Fuck off you baby and grow some fucking bollocks.

• Like 2

I think we will win tomorrow. This is the easiest game in our run in so we simply have to win.

Plymouth don't have the defensive nous that Millwall do and their players are not experienced at this level so I think they have a strong chance of going down. 

Leo in goal again is a horrifying thought though. He will make at least one error that costs us a goal so we will need to score two or three to win.

Edited by rovers11

31 minutes ago, philipl said:

Don't forget Ash Phillips will be giving a defensive masterclass.

How has he been doing for Plymouth?

Not exactly setting the world alight since his move, if he wanted to play in a league one quality team locked in a life or death struggle against relegation, he could have stayed put.

• Like 1

Still don't think we will go down. Not saying we are any good and the trend of the last 18 games isn't positive, but equally there are some very poor teams around us and all are struggling for points.

It isn't a must win game either. There's loads of time to get more points if need be. There's very little difference between the bottom 16 clubs, irrespective of current league positions. 

Yes I liked JDT. Yes it made sense to me to recruit in his style when he left. No I wouldn't have rushed to get Eustace. But at least we have woken up, stopped conceding so many and are now much harder to beat. Plus we have SS for a few more games at least and he's a spunky little fighter.

Rovers 2-1.

In our remaining 10 games only one  of the opposition teams is currently below us.

We have to play the current top 4, plus Coventry at 8th and 2 others in the top half.

We play 3 bottom half teams, Bristol City, SW who are in current good form plus Plymouth, who are still ahead of us on GD.

OK I accept that mathematically tomorrow is not a must win but common sense says quite clearly that a win would be rather a good idea.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

• Backroom
Posted (edited)

When you've won two games from eighteen, games against clubs around you in similar form, especially at home, become must-wins in terms of common sense, even if mathematically it's not, because the evidence doesn't support many points being picked up from elsewhere. Technically no game is 'must win' unless you mathematically require it to be so, but looking at our fixtures and based on our sustained poor form, I wouldn't disagree with anyone saying tomorrow's game is. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Those players can fuck right off.

I had given them a lot of slack in all of this given the off field carnage but I've had enough now.

They are an absolute disgrace to the club. They are the weakest and shittest squad I have ever seen at this club. Now I see it's the fans fault that they are shit. Fuck off you bunch of soft cunts.

I have no time for them at all and their weak as piss cowardly performances and their crybaby antics.

The reason we lose so many games, can't come back from a goal down and are generally shit at every aspect of the game is down to the shit cowardly weak players we have. Fuck the lot of them. They aren't deserving of wearing our colours.

We've come back from a goal down in 3 of the last 4 matches, it's the one thing giving me a bit more confidence we can stay up. 

28 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In our remaining 10 games only one  of the opposition teams is currently below us.

We have to play the current top 4, plus Coventry at 8th and 2 others in the top half.

We play 3 bottom half teams, Bristol City, SW who are in current good form plus Plymouth, who are still ahead of us on GD.

OK I accept that mathematically tomorrow is not a must win but common sense says quite clearly that a win would be rather a good idea.

Only 1 of the teams being below us in our run in does not worry me at all. We are rubbish against those teams anyway. We couldn't even beat Rotherham, QPR, Millwall, or Huddersfield at home. 

I'd much rather play mid table teams who don't have a lot to play for. My worry is that we just don't look anywhere near winning a game against anyone at the moment!

I actually think the games against Boro, Sunderland, Bristol City, and Coventry (whose play offs hope may be over by the time we play them) represent much better opportunities for us to pick up points than games against clubs fighting for their lives. Even Leicester may not be as hard a game as it looks as they'll be promoted by then. 

I do therefore agree with the manager that tomorrow is not a must win as there's still a lot of to play for...but equally it just feels like if we can't beat a poor team like Plymouth then who can we beat. 

20 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Only 1 of the teams being below us in our run in does not worry me at all. We are rubbish against those teams anyway. We couldn't even beat Rotherham, QPR, Millwall, or Huddersfield at home. 

I'd much rather play mid table teams who don't have a lot to play for. My worry is that we just don't look anywhere near winning a game against anyone at the moment!

I actually think the games against Boro, Sunderland, Bristol City, and Coventry (whose play offs hope may be over by the time we play them) represent much better opportunities for us to pick up points than games against clubs fighting for their lives. Even Leicester may not be as hard a game as it looks as they'll be promoted by then. 

I do therefore agree with the manager that tomorrow is not a must win as there's still a lot of to play for...but equally it just feels like if we can't beat a poor team like Plymouth then who can we beat. 

I do expect us to win tomorrow, lose all of the games to the current top 4 and also Coventry.

The rest, I have no idea but as always the Championship will suprise.

My team would be 

Wahlstedt

O'Riordan Hyam Wharton Pickering

Hedges  Buckley  Ayari  Dolan

Szmodics

Gallagher. 

I suspected Eustace will stick with his back 5 and this will be his team 

Wahlstedt

Hyam McFadzean Wharton

Pickering Buckley Ayari Chrisene

Dolan Szmodics Gallagher

I think we will win this game 2-nil. Szmodics with both goals