BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (h) - 09/03/2024

• Backroom

Ash Phillips likely to get his first senior goal 

Must win, and I think we will, please!

19 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Surprised people still putting John (slow motion) Buckley in the team.. apart from his come back game he's not been good enough.

Garrett and Ayari in CM for me if we are going with two.

My team would be 

Leo

Hyam Mcfadzen Wharton

Brittain                         Chrisene

Garett Ayari 

Siggy   Smodzic Gilsenan

Telalovic 

Options to bring on.. Gally and Dolan

12 players there I think!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Surprised people still putting John (slow motion) Buckley in the team.. apart from his come back game he's not been good enough.

My team would be 

Leo

Hyam Mcfadzen Wharton

Garett Ayari 

Siggy   Smodzic Gilsenan

Telalovic 

That tean would struggle even with 12.

Gallagher looks absolutely shattered and Dolan has been crap bar the Stoke game since returning from injury. That being said, its hard to drop either when the alternatives are someone from the German 4th division and players like Sigurdsson who not only lacks the quality but is also as soft and uncommitted a player as I can remember.

2 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Good feeling about this. 5-1 to Rovers.

Sammi brace, Gally hat trick. Leo OG.

Let's go Rovers!

Is JDT coming back for a guest appearance? If Rovers ever score 5 under this manager, I will eat my hat. 

9 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

My team would be 

Leo

Hyam Mcfadzen Wharton

Garett Ayari 

Siggy   Smodzic Gilsenan

Telalovic 

Up there with the worst ever posts on this board

• Like 1

Being honest the team is poor, majority of squad have performed below the fans expectations, Sammie is the stand out player, many others show the odd flash but being honest, those moments are few and far between, Going forward with the squad we have its looking bleak, id love to be proved wrong but we are going to be a league one side unless money is invested back into the team, we cant rely on the academy and free transfers and loan players. Venkys please fuck off take your shit staff with you and let the club go back to a well run club again, Rant over im going to work

• Like 2

7 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Good feeling about this. 5-1 to Rovers.

Sammi brace, Gally hat trick. Leo OG.

Let's go Rovers!

Keep taking those pills, matey.

They dull the Rovers pain

20 hours ago, arbitro said:

Eustace has played a back five in every game apart from the second half at Swansea. Pears was in goal for them all save for last night. In pretty much every game we have been outnumbered in midfield which in my view has gone a long way to not winning. My real doubt about Eustace is his lack of flexibility in his tactics (Newcastle apart) when our play has been predictable.

After JDT, you are worried about Eustices inflexibility???

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

You could play 2 Leos in one goal and we'd still concede iv'e never seen such an odd keeper diving for the ball, flaps well fair enough many young keepers in this era have that problem but backflips are a new thing.

He looked like a 10 year old trying to make a save look spectacular.

• Like 1

-------------------------Leo

-----------Hyam----Fadz-----Wharton

Brittain---Buckley---Ayari-----Pickering

----Dolan------Sigurdsson---Szmodics

In the unlikely event that Tronstad or Hedges are back, they come in for Buckley/Dolan.

21 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

He looked like a 10 year old trying to make a save look spectacular.

Lads who weren't keepers but did a turn in goal on our Weds 7 a side used to dive like that.

Ok it was well struck and maybe he didn't see it but the old 'make yourself big at all times' seems to be out the window these days.  

Sticking to my guns- must not lose.

Not losing to the club most likely to slip into the bottom 3 if we don't is absolutely paramount.

The other fixtures see fellow travellers in distress either playing each other -

Millwall v Birmingham

QPR v Boro

OR facing opponents at the top end desperate for 3 points -

Wednesday v Leeds

PNE v Stoke

Huddersfield v West Brom

So a point is unlikely to lose us ground to 22nd place.

Incidentally, Brum v Boro which is those two sides' game in hand on everybody else is played on Tuesday night so we face Boro a week on Saturday after they have played two tough away games without having a midweek fixture ourselves.

If Benson can turn Leo into a semi competent keeper, instead of an accident already happening, he will, finally, earn my respect.

At present he shows no potential at all. If he just stood up and still the ball might just hit him and deflect clear, diving out of the way is not in the keepers manual.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, philipl said:

Sticking to my guns- must not lose.

Not losing to the club most likely to slip into the bottom 3 if we don't is absolutely paramount.

The other fixtures see fellow travellers in distress either playing each other -

Millwall v Birmingham

QPR v Boro

OR facing opponents at the top end desperate for 3 points -

Wednesday v Leeds

PNE v Stoke

Huddersfield v West Brom

So a point is unlikely to lose us ground to 22nd place.

Incidentally, Brum v Boro which is those two sides' game in hand on everybody else is played on Tuesday night so we face Boro a week on Saturday after they have played two tough away games without having a midweek fixture ourselves.

Theoretically correct, but if we can't muster more than two points against Millwall and Plymouth at home, and the run stretches to two wins from nineteen games, I think the writing is firmly on the wall.

1 hour ago, Blow-in said:

After JDT, you are worried about Eustices inflexibility???

Until the last two months of his tenure there was very little comment about Tomasson's style. We knew from day one what to expect and by and large he delivered, perhaps even exceeded our expectations. His downfall was his reluctance to change. For most games the football was enjoyable and pleasing on the eye. I see Eustace as polar opposite in his style of play and I don't believe he has the wherewithal to play another way. In many respects their attitudes are similar but I know which type of football I enjoyed watching more.

The most important thing is results and providing they are favourable then the majority will accept and say of playing.

Plymouth is it? Must win? Nah….players get paid and no cares enough to even try and understand this league. We’ll probably draw or lose this one leading to a total board meltdown. I’m thinking we will get one more win and it will be against Leicester, Soton or Leeds sparking optimism etc that will come crashing down as we are relegated (or very close). We now rely on the kindness of others to survive. 

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Until the last two months of his tenure there was very little comment about Tomasson's style. We knew from day one what to expect and by and large he delivered, perhaps even exceeded our expectations. His downfall was his reluctance to change. For most games the football was enjoyable and pleasing on the eye. I see Eustace as polar opposite in his style of play and I don't believe he has the wherewithal to play another way. In many respects their attitudes are similar but I know which type of football I enjoyed watching more.

The most important thing is results and providing they are favourable then the majority will accept and say of playing.

For someone who is supposedly polar opposite that performance on Tuesday night was a carbon copy of the dross served up under JDT.

20 minutes ago, roverblue said:

For someone who is supposedly polar opposite that performance on Tuesday night was a carbon copy of the dross served up under JDT.

I think you missed my point. The vast majority really enjoyed the football Tomasson played until the last couple of months when he pretty much lost interest for reasons well documented. I really don't think that apart from the Newcastle match too many people have been enthused by the type of football Eustace plays. Ultimately it's about winning though.

I remember asking you who would be your choice of manager when you were banging the Tomasson out drum. In fairness you said Eustace so what are your thoughts so far?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If Benson can turn Leo into a semi competent keeper, instead of an accident already happening, he will, finally, earn my respect.

At present he shows no potential at all. If he just stood up and still the ball might just hit him and deflect clear, diving out of the way is not in the keepers manual.

Again - Pears was equally as bad against Swansea (palmed a ball into the danger area for the first goal and dived out of the way of the second goal), yet for some reason people are burying Wahlstedt and not Pears. 

We need a new GK - that much is clear. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think you missed my point. The vast majority really enjoyed the football Tomasson played until the last couple of months when he pretty much lost interest for reasons well documented. I really don't think that apart from the Newcastle match too many people have been enthused by the type of football Eustace plays. Ultimately it's about winning though.

I remember asking you who would be your choice of manager when you were banging the Tomasson out drum. In fairness you said Eustace so what are your thoughts so far?

Not great other than shoring up the back line it’s been more of the same in terms of effort and excuses. Its too early to tell what his style of play is. Tuesday was possession based boredom like JDT then Norwich more scrappy and direct. He needs to smash Plymouth after the disappointment on Tuesday to get some credit back in the bank.