BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Southampton (h) - 6/4/24

34 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Yeah right. You were always insistent we wouldn’t go down. After the QPR defeat you said “we will not be in league one next year” and said it was “nonsense” to think we will.

You then said you were “gutted and angry” JDT was leaving. Strange view for someone you thought was taking us down.

Bonus of using hindsight, looking back at the way we were playing and seeing how we have tighten up defensively and pick up players plus reading some players comments like Brittain and Scott Wharton. I was surprised by Wharton's comments about the way JDT treated him around the Dingles away game. 

I was gutted and angry about JDT leaving and how is seems to exploded from the start of December under him. QPR battered us and the failed transfer of McGuire seemed the end for JDT. I am surprised he went to International football head coach job but he did. I have a lot of time for what he did here and under different leadership, budget and players he might have got us promote

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, philipl said:

So low a bar? 

My hunch is this season will see 22nd get the second highest points total to the 51 which is the record under 3 points for a win which sent us down.

I think we need 5 points or a point per game to get to 51 as a minimum.

Incidentally, the unluckiest team relegated were Blackpool in the days of 42 games and 2 points for a win. They went down with 37 when we came 5th with 45 points!

The actual bar for staying up might be above average. But whoever came in post Tomasson needed less than a point per game to get to 50 points due to the points we had already accumulated so yes, a low bar.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Yeah right. You were always insistent we wouldn’t go down. After the QPR defeat you said “we will not be in league one next year” and said it was “nonsense” to think we will.

You then said you were “gutted and angry” JDT was leaving. Strange view for someone you thought was taking us down.

The change in tact here was always predictable as the same happened post Mowbray. Just an echo chamber for what is said from the club, an example being that Eustace is claiming the Stoke win because he said so.

echo chamber? really? 

slammed Rovers over ST prices, match day prices, lack of quality food on the match day menu, lack of clear communication from the owners and CEO over various things like problems from India or McGuire failed transfer, called for action from Rovers over the failed Transfer of Duncan McGuire staff changes wise. 

So your claim seems to wide of the mark

15 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Markanday seems to be thriving under JE

JE is a good one on one manager which this squad needed. Manager and  assistant barking orders all game. Nice to see the set piece coach been working hard, Brilliant few examples yesterday to create the space. Stabalise championship status now and we will see a different team come August 

• Like 2

It was interesting yesterday that we were zonal marking on Southampton corners and one of these markers was Gallagher who normally picks up a centre half. And it worked because he got the first contact on at least three of the five corners they had.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

echo chamber? really? 

slammed Rovers over ST prices, match day prices, lack of quality food on the match day menu, lack of clear communication from the owners and CEO over various things like problems from India or McGuire failed transfer, called for action from Rovers over the failed Transfer of Duncan McGuire staff changes wise. 

So your claim seems to wide of the mark

But never anything that goes against policies

Don't know what it matters who is credited with the Stoke win as long as we stay up,don't really know why Eustace would get involved in the argument. 

Just consider it as the Tomasson era, and post Tomasson era, no arguments there. 

Personally couldn't care less if we draw our way to safety. 

• Like 2

If we can draw our way to safety then great. But if we do go down it will be too many draws that will have done it under JE.

(I’m talking about JE’s reign and what he could influence, I’m aware that the wheels had come off with JDT and he also would take some blame).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If we can draw our way to safety then great. But if we do go down it will be too many draws that will have done it under JE.

(I’m talking about JE’s reign and what he could influence, I’m aware that the wheels had come off with JDT and he also would take some blame).

We could do with winning on home soil to reach the safety zone, settle for a point away.

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yeah I agree, but I was talking about Stokegate. Don't really know why it matters so much. 

• Like 1

Policies or anything   a manager or the rats on the perch do ... you back until you realise you backed a dead horse then you act like you are trying to revive said flatling owd nag . The new foal brought  in and it's all shiny and you carry on as before

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

Policies or anything   a manager or the rats on the perch do ... you back until you realise you backed a dead horse then you act like you are trying to revive said flatling owd nag . The new foal brought  in and it's all shiny and you carry on as before

what policies Abbey? name some? 

2 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

JE is a good one on one manager which this squad needed. Manager and  assistant barking orders all game. Nice to see the set piece coach been working hard, Brilliant few examples yesterday to create the space. Stabalise championship status now and we will see a different team come August 

Just hope they back him with investment

18 hours ago, M_B said:

I've no doubt we were going down under Tomasson. 

We were never going to just start winning, we were crash landing into League 1. Much has been made of the lack of wins, but to lose 3 in 12, only conceding 12 goals has been a commendable effort. 

This was very interesting on the Tomasson Eustace debate.

Screenshot_2024-04-03-23-07-11-481_com.twitter.android.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

This was very interesting on the Tomasson Eustace debate.

Screenshot_2024-04-03-23-07-11-481_com.twitter.android.jpg

It is👍

The goals against is obviously the most noticeable, but didn't realise we've actually scored 3 more a well. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

It is👍

The goals against is obviously the most noticeable, but didn't realise we've actually scored 3 more a well. 

That’s because we scored 5 in a game where we were able to field Hedges, Dolan, Gally and Szmodics for the first time, and we also had JRC, Hyam and Pears playing which JDT didn’t have at the start of January.

If those 7 players had constantly been available during JDT’s last 11 games, does anyone really think we wouldn’t have better stats that what is posted there?

Plus it again desperately includes the Stoke game to prove, err, I’m not sure what. That Eustace’s run is better than JDT’s worst run across 19 months when we had a massive injury crisis?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Plus it again desperately includes to Stoke game to prove, err, I’m not sure what. That Eustace’s run is better than JDT’s worst run across 19 months when we had a massive injury crisis?

Yep, ironically those adding in the Stoke game - which can charitably be called a debatable addition- are actually highlighting how naff Eustace has been. If you have to give him that one result to help make his stats good, it shows he hasn't done that well! In fact desperation to include it shows how underwhelming the rest of the time has been. 

Mind you it's all rather arbitrary  - no context, deciding where to start/end  the stats from. I'd have a bit more time for it if there was an honesty of its been a fairly crap start which has perked up of late.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Yep, ironically those adding in the Stoke game - which can charitably be called a debatable addition- are actually highlighting how naff Eustace has been. If you have to give him that one result to help make his stats good, it shows he hasn't done that well! In fact desperation to include it shows how underwhelming the rest of the time has been. 

Mind you it's all rather arbitrary  - no context, deciding where to start/end  the stats from. I'd have a bit more time for it if there was an honesty of its been a fairly crap start which has perked up of late.  

Your last line sums it up. His success or failure will not be judged by a comparison to JDT’s last 11 games. I don’t know why it keeps getting done.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2