BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

rover.gif AFTER having sourness at the helm for 5 years i will tell you what went on,he thought i will give that lazy bas---d a good kick today,and see if i can put a bit of fire in his belly,well graeme you would have been better nicking his rolex,face it sourness has been a bully all his footballing career,or do you forget his playing day's. tinykit.gif

Edited by Paul

This thread has had it's day as it mainly relates to the problems of last season. Remember, last season finished in a reasonable situation given the amount of injuries etc.

I readily admit that I was getting tired of GS and his inability to get the players into a winning phase and out of the relegation area, but he did do it.

The coming season gives everyone at the club a new chance to start, and that includes GS.

If, after 10 or so games we're struggling, then let's look at who we can draft in to remedy the situation.

Hell, waggy, if Souness hadn't have made any additions over the past 6 months, I might have agreed with you.

He has made additions, give them (and the rest of the squad) the benefit of a few games to prove that they are worthy of the blue and white.

Perhaps, if you get so ###### about the rovers you may consider the short drive to Bumley during the season.......

rover.gif i reckon i will be considering the journey to turf moor in season 2005/06 because thats who we will be playing that season.

if like many do on this board think dikov is a better player,than gally and is good enough too start in our premiership best x1,we have no chance. tinykit.gif

tinykit.gif waggy

for the life of me I cannt agree with you when you suggest we will be playing the dingles in the league next season. Are you really serious ?

if so then supporters like yourself with those type of views are not really wanted are they ? I mean all this negative vibe and the season still 5 weeks away !

Do you really think that wba,norwich and palace,pompy,bolton,city will be much better than Rovers ?

I think your shooting your bolt a little too soon on this one.

We know we have a horrendous first few games but then we have a tremendous chance to make that up over the next 3 months.

Stay positive

Souness obviously puts Dickov before Gally anyway...so how does what is posted on here affect which division we'll be playing in, in a years time?

rover.gif i know your in france but which team did dikov play for last season,and which division are they in this year tinykit.gif

We were relegated once, with a team that included Duff, Dunn and Jansen.

Things aren't decided because of one player. I'm hoping that Dickov isn't in oure first choice pairing come the start of the season. I hope that either Jansen is handed another chance to prove himself or we bring someone new in, but I don't think if we do end up with Dickov that it will be the end of the world.

Then again, I do live in France, and I have an Italian girlfriend, oh...I may have taken things a bit off topic there and I don't like it when that happens. huh.giftongue.gif

Just to put a different spin on things:

Firstly if yorke, Todd and Flitcroft all go like Cole Souness will have saved the club somewhere in the region of 100-120 k a week. Thats a lot of cash and has to be praised on some level. Their replacements will mostly come from youth players along with probably two cheap signings. Good house keeping.

Secondly Souness is taking a risk, he is sticking his neck out: Few managers would stick a player like Dickov up front for a european push, Graeme obviously believes in him like he believed in Stead. Give him a chance.

It is possible that our manager is actually in control of the situation and everything is coming tgether as planned.......

Only time will tell- give him a chance.

agreed joey.

also, it has to come to the stage where souey has simply got to give the young lads a chance, at this level. there is no point in bringing the likes of gally through the ranks and only giving him bit part appearances from the subs bench in most games. bringing in some experianced footballers and blending that with youth can't be bad and in my opinion is a great step forward, cause we are gonna find out what they are made of.

rover.gif i was looking at the starting x1 for next season thread , when i read it only one poster had put gally before dikov.so there you go tinykit.gif

Fair do's Waggy. But surely that's just people saying who they think our starting 11 will be (as picked by Souness) - rather than actually stating Dickov is a better player than Gallagher.

I'm splitting hairs anyway - I'll give you that one!

joey_big_nose -

It is possible that our manager is actually in control of the situation and everything is coming tgether as planned.......

Only time will tell- give him a chance.

(why hasn't it put that quote in a nice little box? Why, why!? Got to be Saunders again)

JBN - Spot on fella - totally agree. Cole / Yorke - neither have left the club yet and everyone keeps saying - "He's going to go with Dickov as first choice striker" - this is despite the quote in the LET last Tuesday (I've mentioned it yet again - it's becoming tiresome) and today in the Sunday Express - "In Matteo, Dickov and de Pedro, I've completed my signings - unless other players go."

So there's four weeks until the season starts and I believe the transfer window doesn't close until two weeks after that (sure I read that on here somewhere).

Let's see what happens.

rover.gif you miss the point SOUNESS PAID OVER THE ODDS,and then tried to break yorke leg in trianing tinykit.gif

Well...that's certainly Dwight Yorke's version of events, as can be read in The News of The World today. Or at the link below...

Is it true? Is it false? Who knows but it's hardly the kind of thing that you want being conducted in the full glare of the national press.

Souness almost broke my leg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.