BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

Is it true? Is it false? Who knows but it's hardly the kind of thing that you want being conducted in the full glare of the national press. 

Souness almost broke my leg

ALL TOGETHER NOW!....

''And another one's gone and another one's gone...another one bites the dust!!

While it's "just" Yorke's version of events, I have never read anything like this before. Even if it's only half true, when you combine it with Souness's endless petulant ref whining, is anyone out there still actually proud that this man is our manager?

I know I was when he was appointed, when he built the team around skill, when he cleared out deadwood and had a team that tried.

Then it all seemed to go wrong sometime during the season before last. We were crap against poor teams, the bizarre non-replacement of a left back, then before we knew it most of the skilled players were gone and replaced by journeymen.

Last season another bizarre non-replacement of a left winger. But worst of all, we were crap and boring. I could stand boring and successful, as I could exciting but crap results, but not both. Then he's shipping out for nothing Cole, then allegedy nearly broke the leg of an asset he paid $3m for.

It's no use quoting his past record, or the fact that his playing reputation is still a draw when signing players - he's changed from the guy who took us up and won a trophy. I don't care how we start the season - he's an embarrassment and if the powers that be had any balls, he'd be out.

i'm not happy with the signing of Dickov particularly, i don't honestly think he a starter but more then happy with Stread, Gray, De Pedro and Matteo this years signings as on paper all good players and very cheap.

I have no sorrow for Yorke, he's a lazy b*****d, if souness had ended his career he would have done him a favour.

I'll be proud of Souness if he is successful again ofcourse. A decent striker and defensive CM (unless Flitty hits form hope he is still there psychologically) would make me think he's bacvk on track.

As a sub I think Dickov could be handy, but he should have to fight for his place, its important he has STRONG competition, with the transfer of Cole and soon Yorke Souness needs a little extra in that position I think

Edited by chris

Just checking, Souness promised replacements if people left. We managed to get anyone yet?

Reading the article does make me wonder again about Souness. The last time was before the Fulham away game, which we obviously won and he went back up in my esitmations.

It's going to be a very interesting start of the season.

Reading the article does make me wonder again about Souness. The last time was before the Fulham away game, which we obviously won and he went back up in my esitmations.

The change of tactics that brought the win at Fulham and the run of victories that saved us from relegation was instigated by Dean Saunders, not clueless Souness who spent the match berating officials as usual.

souness likes berating the officials, only after 1min he was at it against liverpool last year. i can see him in 10-20years with his walking stick on the touchline battering them if he doesnt get his way!!

i wonder if we will win a pen this season??

we may have a smile then biggrin.gif

A Skysports article recently made me laugh, describing Souness as a 'Scottish tactician'.

Now Souness may be anything but he's no tactician - remember our attempts to play 4-5-1 last season with Dino Baggio in the hole. ohmy.gif

To be fair, he's admitted that he's not too concerned about tactics. And if we win, nor am I.

A Skysports article recently made me laugh, describing Souness as a 'Scottish tactician'.

Now Souness may be anything but he's no tactician - remember our attempts to play 4-5-1 last season with Dino Baggio in the hole.  ohmy.gif

To be fair, he's admitted that he's not too concerned about tactics. And if we win, nor am I.

Thats a bit harsh Rover6- fari enough he has made a few mistakes but all the sides we have had under him have played decent passing football (bar the last third of last season) with tactics on par with most of the premiership.

He hasnt done anything ground breaking but then who really has? The main problems from last season resulted in a lack of conviction from Souness as to what the team should look like meaning he didnt buy key players for key positions. He never decided what the best eleven was.

That has now changed- he wants 'men' (in his words) all over the pitch with the obvious intention of marrying skill with effort and determination. This to me is quite an attractive suggestion and one that I think could well pay off.

Souness tactics do not revolve around man marking and fancy formations (and who is to say he is wrong, the 442 format has consistently shown itself dominant) but he does now have a strategy.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Now Souness may be anything but he's no tactician - remember our attempts to play 4-5-1 last season with Dino Baggio in the hole. ohmy.gif

And what about the tactical change he made to the way we played last season, the new way in which he deployed Douglas and Flitcroft, that was a major part in us winning 4 games on the trot and securing our Premiership status for another year?

Selective memory?

Thats a bit harsh Rover6- fair enough he has made a few mistakes but all the sides we have had under him have played decent passing football (bar the last third of last season) with tactics on par with most of the premiership.

I'd agree with that - at the start of last season we were playing some real fluid passing football. As soon as Ferguson became injured we lost a massive part of that game and it showed big style. If it wasnt for our wretched luck and poor defending, we would have been in a much better position.

Next season, if Souness plays Tugay and Ferguson in the middle, with at least one attacking winger, then I am sure we will play some really attractive football. I'm really looking forward to it and believe Souness has done an excellent job in aquiring such an excellent midfield.

Now Souness may be anything but he's no tactician - remember our attempts to play 4-5-1 last season with Dino Baggio in the hole.  ohmy.gif

And what about the tactical change he made to the way we played last season, the new way in which he deployed Douglas and Flitcroft, that was a major part in us winning 4 games on the trot and securing our Premiership status for another year?

Selective memory?

Of course he's a tactician.

Going over the top and trying to break Yorke's leg = Good tactic

Sticking his knee up at Spurs to indicate some naughty on-field goings-on = Good tactic

Seriously, this team has in the past proved that it can play attractive football at pace on the break, would it be able to do that if Souness were tactically naive?

I'm glad I reread who smelled ,thought I needed a bath......

Its probably alzimers jim has ,I bet he cant even rememer writing the same crap for the first 100000000 times.

LETS ALL CHIP IN FOR A PAIR OF INCONTINANCE BOXERS FOR HIM.

Important to keep this thread on the backburner ready for the defeat by West Brom.

Souness out.

rover.gif i'm not pro souness but defeat against west brom would be a daisaster,the games against west brom-pompey-norwich-palace-fulham-city are the one's we must pick something up from both home and away,infact if we beat them teams home and away we would be nearly safe tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.