BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rivaldo For Notlob

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been hoiked around European clubs for the last 12 months. No takers, yet.

Can't help thinking there's a reason for that.

Got to be either fitness, wages or attitude. Probably a bit of all three. Shame for a once great player.

Edited by alex sci fi

He's been hoiked around European clubs for the last 12 months. No takers, yet.

Can't help thinking there's a reason for that.

His rumoured 90kp.w. wage demands might have something to do with that.

Although i'm sure he would have to halve them for Bolton to be interested.

All credit to Bolton though for attempting such an innovative move.

I'm sure we'll be in for Izzet Muzzy.

Rivaldo may not be playing like he did but he may still be better than anything we have, hence why he keeps getting picked for the Brazilian national team. Besides, he only turned 32 a couple of days ago. All credit to Sam Allardyce and Bolton for having a look at the possibilities. They can always say no. It's certainly a much cleverer course than not even bothering to have a look. I'd hope Rovers have bothered to make enquiries even if they have decided against it. Certainly Emerton seemed like a much-wanted player but that didn't stop Rovers bidding, even he hasn't the greatest season perhaps.

Apart from anything else, it'd be one way to try and reverse the declining season ticket sales as well as getting more media coverage. An international star like Rivaldo can turn a usually-ignored team into a great news story.

I'm not suggesting we should sign Rivaldo )or anyone else) but we should always be making enquiries about any players who may increase our profile, as long as they can also so the business on the pitch and not bankrupt us.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

I'm sure we'll be in for Izzet Muzzy.

Not if Izzet is after the 30k a week that has been reported, only Birmingham would go for that, as neither Rovers nor Villa are going to pay that kind of silly money.

As for Rivaldo to Bolton, they deserve each other, it is hardly innovative, it's another Mario Jardel.

If this goes through it's another fantastic, imaginative signing for Bolton. Whether he turns out to be any good or not, the signing will pay for itself through increased season ticket sales, merchandise sales, and the amount of media interest and publicity it will generate.

Expect to see a lot of Bolton on Sky next season - don't expect to see much of us.

If this goes through it's another fantastic, imaginative signing for Bolton. Whether he turns out to be any good or not, the signing will pay for itself through increased season ticket sales, merchandise sales, and the amount of media interest and publicity it will generate.

Expect to see a lot of Bolton on Sky next season - don't expect to see much of us.

Hasn't done them any good this season though, Rovers have been on Sky & PPV many more times than Bolton.

I wouldn't be too sure.

The prospect of Jonathan Douglas signing another contract is sure to have major sponsors and TV companies beating a path to Ewood.

I did laugh to myself when I first heard this. I personally don`t think that Rivaldo would move to the Reebok unless a lot of money was offered to him.

At the moment he`s playing somewhere in Brazil, Cruzieos or something.

There`s no way that Bolton would keep on Jay Jay, Youri Djorkaeff, Campo and others plus Rivaldo.

Allardayce said on Sky that it`s a hard time at the moment, players either don`t want to stay because not enough money is good enough for them and another club can give them that or they can`t attract players because they haven`t got the funds to provide for whoever it maybe.

Like Scotty said if Bolton could pull the deal off then marketing wise Bolton would be very well off. Possibly capacity crowds most weeks, merchandise shirts etc would sell quickly.

I wouldn't be too sure.

The prospect of Jonathan Douglas signing another contract is sure to have major sponsors and TV companies beating a path to Ewood.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

If this goes through it's another fantastic, imaginative signing for Bolton.  Whether he turns out to be any good or not, the signing will pay for itself through increased season ticket sales, merchandise sales, and the amount of media interest and publicity it will generate. 

Hasn't done them any good this season though, Rovers have been on Sky & PPV many more times than Bolton.

Because Sky based their initial schedules on last season's form.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.