BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Dickov Signs - Good Deal Or Not ?

Is buying Dickov a good move for Rovers ?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Is buying Dickov a good move for Rovers ?

• Fantastic. A proven Premiership goal scorer is just what we need.
    • Good buy for the money, but not the most important signing we'll make.
    • Average Player, Average Deal.
    • Squad player at best, can't see the point, we already have much better.
    • Insane purchase, the club is going backwards.
    • He'll never be as good as Lee Grooby.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking news on Sky Sports,Dickov joins,more to follow....

It shows how players look at te clubs in the Premier League,between Brum,Pompey and many other mid to lower table clubs he joined us,and i really doubt it was cause we paid him the most!

Well done Blackburn Rovers and John Williams, he will be an asset for the club.

He'll replace Dwight Yorke who will leave.

Because he's only cost us around £200.000 I feel he's a bargain and worth a chance and we still got some money to spend. Leicester seems very dissapointed to lose him out.

Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Fulham and Birmingham were all after him but he choosed us ahead of them.

31 yeard old who can have 2 good years with us probably and fight it out with Cole, Gally and Janny for a starting place. Stead will probably be first choice.

Just don't let him shoot the penalties. lol cool.gif

Yes. hopefully Yorke will sod of to Qatar or a pub side some time soon

I am pleased with this signing. We are'nt able to go out and buy a £5m+ player anymore. For the small fee we have got him for its worth chancing.

At least he WORKS

I've watched his career with interest since he gave us a mauling at Ewood when City were promoted. He ain't that bad, y'know.

Good luck to him. We need more players who are prepared to give it 100% every game.

tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

Welcome to Ewood.

Perhaps Yorke could learn something of Dickov, in work-rate and commitment.

As long as he gives 100% every game then I’ll support Dickov throughout his time at Rovers.

Who would be your choice of strikers up front now?

tinykit.gif

Fairly pleased with this one. You have to sort out the squad and hopefully that's what we've done. It looks like only £100k and won't be much on wages.

Interestingly the papers are still using the replacement for Cole angle which I hope is wrong. If Cole does leave I would hope we would replace him with a better player than Dickov. However for what we've paid I can't see how you can complain really.

Not the most inspiring signing but a good piece of business. There are far more important areas that need strengthening and our money so it's a pretty shrewd signing. The guy's proven, provides something different up front, and brings a bit more experience up front - fulfils all the criteria we were asking for.

It said on the BBC website that he was a replacement for Cole, in which case I would not be happy, as don't think Dickov is good enough as a replacement for Cole.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.