BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Sales?

Help!!!!!!!!!!! Do i need a ticket for West brom game so i can get a ticket for Manure game cos I am at work for 1st game of season. Manure game is first one i can go to. tinykit.gifsad.giftinykit.gif

I doubt it very much. Although you may have a record of you buying tickets from the ticket office that may come into it. I don’t know, you would have to ask someone who buys match tickets through the ticket office for home games.

United will be allocated the whole Darwen End and despite the movement of the season ticket holders in the Darwen End, I doubt that we’ll actually fill all the home areas of the ground.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the CALENDAR season tickets should have started going out yesterday.

I wonder how long it will be before one arrives on the door mat and who will be the first messageboard member to post, that theyve recieved their season ticket.

A missive from Rovers arrived this morning. Not our season tickets as hoped (ordered soon after they were advertised), but a letter enquiring why we hadn't yet renewed our season tickets............

Doh! wacko.gif

According to the CALENDAR season tickets should have started going out yesterday.

I wonder how long it will be before one arrives on the door mat and who will be the first messageboard member to post, that theyve recieved their season ticket.

Been up to Ewood this morning and had a mooch around. There is still a sale on. Looks like the last of the old kit gear is being flogged off.

Asked the guy at the ticket office how sales of ST's were going, and when they would be posted out:

"about 11000 and we should be sending them out around the end of the month"

I got a letter also today asking for me to renew my season ticket. I will but its just takes time for me to gather the money.

This here in my opinion shows the desperation that the ticketing people at Rovers want people to renew. I know season ticket packages, renewals etc have been sent out to the people who want them etc. But to send letters to supporters asking them to renew shows how bad it has really got.

I’ve renewed and I’m fully confident that we won’t see a repeat of last season. What will be interesting is to see the attendance from the game like Rovers v Fulham this season.

Can’t see anymore than 18k in at the maximum.

It’s not up to me to tell people to renew or not, it’s that I can’t see how much the club can actually do in providing people, the more than reasonable prices for season tickets. If fans don’t want to renew for what ever reason then so be it, everyone’s entitled to what they want to do. But the figure mentioned as 11,000 shows how bad it really is.

Also it’s not as if the club haven’t promoted it well enough. I’ve seen it in the L.E.T, on the back of buses on the Radio. The only reason why a huge amount of fans haven’t renewed is because of how poor the team performed last season.

My guess is once the players start winning matches again, we’ll slowly see the flocks of fans coming back.

This here in my opinion shows the desperation that the ticketing people at Rovers want people to renew. I know season ticket packages, renewals etc have been sent out to the people who want them etc. But to send letters to supporters asking them to renew shows how bad it has really got.

Im not sure about this, but weren't we complaing last year or a couple of years ago that Rovers DIDN'T send out letters to people who hadn't renewed to ask why.

Yes, at this time last season we were.

I had renewed by this time last year. As we had our best finish to a season for years.

It was strange to think why fans weren’t renewing since we had finished sixth. But I’m not positive but didn’t the prices of season tickets go up last season?

I don’t think the on-going speculation this time last year of the sales of Duff and Dunn helped which probably was the deciding factor in some supporters’ minds in not renewing.

It would still be beneficial for Rovers to know why people haven't renewed. Whether it be league position, number of games on a Saturday 3pm, the price, or the fact that they are moving to antoher part of the country. Whatever. Then using this information they can try and do something to improve the situation for the year after.

Despite the season we had last year, I dont think Rovers were expecting the drop in season tickets that there has been (although they were maybe being naive). Im sure that by trying to find out why people haven't bought tickets that they would look at ways to change things for the season after.

rover.gif if we lost 2k when we finished 6th from top,we would surely lose 4k when we finish 6th from bottom,its about time people realise football has lost its appeal in this part of east lancs.

me it's in my blood,i even buy my season ticket when we have souness in charge,but 3 lads at work are not renewing,reason's being

1st-crap signing's and lack of ambition

2nd -his lad has just joined a local acadmey and he will be spending most saturday's following his son.

3rd-says he is picking his games.

so its just me flying the flag at work,less rover's season ticket holders than burnley,bury and liverpool says it all really tinykit.gif

Good post waggy. I think Souness and Williams have to take on board that the Club has to deliver a quality product on the pitch. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have the Rovers in their hearts but it really is hard to justify the cost of a season ticket, especially given the considerable number of poor sesons in the last 3 seasons.

but it really is hard to justify the cost of a season ticket, especially given the considerable number of poor sesons in the last 3 seasons.

So a 10th and a 6th in 3 seasons are poor seasons are they..........oh yes and a major trophy in the bag............I'm astounded wacko.gif

Good post waggy. I think Souness and Williams have to take on board that the Club has to deliver a quality product on the pitch. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have the Rovers in their hearts but it really is hard to justify the cost of a season ticket, especially given the considerable number of poor sesons in the last 3 seasons.

I don’t think we have had many poor seasons in the last three seasons. Our poorest season for a long time was last season, possibly because we expected a lot much more of the team but were heavily hit by injuries and a lot of poor performances.

The two seasons previously, I can’t see how you can say they were poor 92er?

In those two previous seasons we qualified for Europe, all be it poor European campaigns, we finished tenth in our first season back, won a trophy. The following season we finished sixth, lost two very good promising players which in my opinion was maybe and probably one deciding factor why we lost two thousand season ticket holders.

rover.gif we have had a relagation fight in 2 off the last three season's,winning the worthless cup gave the fans a boost,after the promotion year,so the decline in numbers is not really as bad as it seems. tinykit.gif

We have just had three excellent seasons.....

Not enough fans, not enough money.....

Chicken and egg.....

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE....

If too few Lancashire folk care about that very soon then we won't be....

.....and by the way riml - I live 10 miles from Ewood, as the crow flies, and have seen and heard no Rovers promotion....

Thanks Waggy.

I think people have to take on board that football costs a lot of money. I've got a really good pal who is a Bolton fan. His son isn't working but is also a Bolton fan. It costs the dad in the region of £50 for them both to go,plus money for a couple of pints plus any more incidentals.It's a lot of money, so they choose their matches. I fully sympthasise.

It would be interesting to establish the age group of the supporters that dont renew their season tickets.

Prior to the glory days we had in the region of 7-8000 gates, then with the Jack Walker period gates shot up. There must have been a percentage of these that were youngster who 9 years on have new priorities, eg off to university or families to support.

I live 10 miles from Ewood, as the crow flies, and have seen and heard no Rovers promotion....

Me too tash, we are five miles from Ewood and have not seen any promotion. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but for us it's not effective.

Alan - the non-renewers that I know are mainly:

1. 45-50+ and kids have now left home

2. 18-19 finished A levels and going to Uni or travelling the world

I've raised the second point in the past and I think it's a more serious issue than people realise. My eldest has had an ST for 14 years but we haven't renewed it YET. He may go to Australia at Christmas so there is little point in getting an ST, the decision is still to be made. After Australia it will be university.

After 14 seasons with an ST it could 5-6 before he has another. If he leaves the area he may never have an ST again. ONCE A Rover, ALWAYS a Rover though smile.gif I know how raise my kids!!!

Regrettably Paul, I failed as a parent, only my daughter is a Roverite. Despite all the family blackmailing and punishment I have had to accept that my son had no taste.

I suspect the cause being that we moved from the Blackburn area, when he was young. Which brings me back to your comment regarding going away to Uni. As the younger element move away due to Uni or in search of employment a lot whilst still Roverites at heart will pledge allegiance to a more local club.

Who in their right mind unsure.gif would make 200 mile pilgrimages to Ewood when their friends and work colleges are watching clubs on the doorstep.

Who in their right mind unsure.gif would make 200 mile pilgrimages to Ewood when their friends and work colleges are watching clubs on the doorstep.

I think I'm gonna cry sad.gif

Don't cry T4E - wait until the season starts for that sort of thing.

Alan - I think anyone in their right mind would make that trip to watch the Rovers. Fortunately I live 10 minutes walk from Ewood Park so we'll just have to presume that I too would make that sort of commitment to the club.

Actually it amazes me some of the distances that people do travel to get to Ewood. Whilst at the same time a lot of people in Blackburn are totally apathetic, a case of not realising what they've got.

Still, it'll give people something to moan about (which is when a lot seem to be at their happiest) when our attendances are the worst in the league. The number of times I've heard this sort of thing is incredible...

So called Rovers fan: "Have you been down there then?"

Me: "No - I always wear a Rovers shirt on a Saturday and don't bother going when they're at home"

"Alright clever lad. What was the gate?"

"22,000"

"That's really poor, how embarrassing"

"Did you go?"

"No, I can't be bothered"

Alot of times last season T4E kept saying to me that he wasn't sure if he would renew his season ticket after all the times we'd got into the car to make the 130 miles, then T4E make the other 100 miles (Right?) back home after another defeat.

The Liverpool (a) game did it for me, making me wonder if i'd even bother to try and get back from my RAF base (Where it may be i don't know) to watch Rovers after such a poor season. It's gonna have to take some seriously good results on the pitch to get me to make that extra effort...especially when i've told the missus i won't be going next year unsure.gif

Personally I will try and get to games as long as it is humanly possible, got down to a lot last season and was questioning my sanity a lot of the time, driving home to the north east after a home defeat to portsmouth etc....was tempted to veer off the road at times!!!! sad.gif

Have been going to the games since 1991-92 season when my dad used to take me down as a wee bairn, and could not imagine not going anymore, though I know for a lot of people the cost/time issue of travelling to ewood is a major factor to them not going.

Hope that tugay4england and the rest of the south west gang go to plenty of games so I can go up with you, and get a few away games in as well.

Down bristol from monday looking for a property, just glad that I will still be up here for the game at St James.

Just want the season to start now, am optimistic because I have to be!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.